Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 am

Well, that was a rather unimpressive escape attempt.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:18 am

JFK Reloaded's purpose was to demonstrate that the 'magic bullet' was an entirely possible scenario, rather than just being a pointless exercise in sadism, so even if 'murder simulator' is an accurate descriptor it's still loaded language.

But the issue in this particular case is that the format is bunk. It didn't work on 'Difference of Opinion' even when the panel members were supposed to be well informed in the subject, and it works even less well when people are clueless on the subject, default to 'family friendly' conservatism and have political agendas - yes, thanks Nick, we know you were voted in because of your stance on gambling. And frankly, journalists just happen to be better at interviewing than the general public. At least on the ABC, god knows on the commercial channels - the other day on Channel 7 news, Zimbabwe got a pass because there was a cute kid playing guitar on youtube (and, not to be scooped, Channel 9 followed suit).
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Cnl_Death
level2
level2

Postby Cnl_Death » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:24 am

You have no idea....... first we get games weeks, months and is star craft 2 is anything to off probably years after the rest of the world, then we have to deal with the fact that some games simply will never some due t the fact hat we can't rate them.....
It's strange.... in a movie you can carve some into peices yet games are always labelled as the source of most if not all troubles in our modern society..... :(
War Is Hell But Peace Is Boring
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:53 am

it's not the only game of its type though, I have heard of others kill-jfk's before. Can't name any at the moment tho.
I dont remember any contraersy for the older games. Maybe they weren't 'realistic' enough.

If they want 2 get rid of the games, then they should get rid of horror movies, several videos on utube, and crime shows.
Especially crime shows. (i like csi ny the way, and many others) There have been several crimes around the world that have been linked to csi alone! Apparently they skip the part of the show where they catch -or even kill- the crim.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 am

Mas Tnega wrote:I resent that. Some games are murder simulators. In fact, there was one where you could get a cash prize for the best reproduction of JFK's assassination.

There's also that RPG about the Columbine High shooting. Sick minds creating games about sick minds.

EDIT: In 15 minutes I'm leaving for a city named Warga, and you'll probably not hear from me until Monday afternoon. Just that you know.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm scared. I'm actually unsure whether or not you were joking. [size=0]No, not about the game's existence.[/size]
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:49 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:There's also that RPG about the Columbine High shooting. Sick minds creating games about sick minds.

Mind you, that game was created as "an artistic statement", featured 2D sprites (was made using RPG maker), the names of the victims were removed, and apparently the last level took place in Hell fighting Doom enemies or somesuch.

While its value is questionable at best, I wouldn't exactly put it as "Sick minds creating games about sick minds". That's Postal 2.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:11 am

elexis wrote:it's not the only game of its type though, I have heard of others kill-jfk's before. Can't name any at the moment tho.

Are you sure the games you remember hearing about involving killing JFK weren't, uh, this one, given you can't remember their names and JFK Reloaded did in fact come out a while ago? And I highly doubt your assertion that any game involving the player being able to assassinate JFK would be non-controversial.

Xocrates wrote:
jelco the galactaboy wrote:There's also that RPG about the Columbine High shooting. Sick minds creating games about sick minds.

Mind you, that game was created as "an artistic statement", featured 2D sprites (was made using RPG maker), the names of the victims were removed, and apparently the last level took place in Hell fighting Doom enemies or somesuch.

While its value is questionable at best, I wouldn't exactly put it as "Sick minds creating games about sick minds". That's Postal 2.

Though interviews with the creator (by himself) and statements on his website suggest he's a pretentious jerk who made a shitty RPG and decided to try to convince others it had artistic merit. Super Columbine Massacre RPG is its title if anyone's at all interested.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:15 am

KingAl wrote: suggest he's a pretentious jerk who made a shitty RPG and decided to try to convince others it had artistic merit.

I thought that's what being an artist was all about.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:24 am

I'm back from France.

And we got approval from the authority to purchase the apartment. We now go back to the place that said they'd give us a mortgage if we got approval.

In short, apartment is nearly ours. No more renting. Yay.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Rkiver wrote:I'm back from France.

And we got approval from the authority to purchase the apartment. We now go back to the place that said they'd give us a mortgage if we got approval.

In short, apartment is nearly ours. No more renting. Yay.

YAY!

NeoThermic
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Sweet. :D
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:22 pm

shinygerbil wrote:Sweet. :D

that's not sweet ! dinosaurs are sweet !
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Actually, from my experience, they're more bitter and sour. Then again, I've only tried velociraptors, so it could simply be an anomaly.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:42 am

http://www.montyphy.f2s.com/wiki/pmwiki ... FinalSteps
Looks like you have been hacked montyphy

Return to “Introversion Lounge”