Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 am

Hahaha, brilliant.

On a more serious note, got my learners and starting driving today. 30km/h has never felt so fast!
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 am

Pox wrote:On a more serious note, got my learners and starting driving today. 30km/h has never felt so fast!

Welcome to the exciting world of the internal-combustible engine!
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:47 am

Subaru should take a hint from, say, every game company ever - the accelerator really needs a sensitivity slider.

VROOM-SCREECH-VROOM-SCREECH-VROOM!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 am

It's amazing how much desk space I have gained by replacing my CRT with a TFT. :D

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:01 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:It's amazing how much desk space I have gained by replacing my CRT with a TFT. :D

Jelco
Be greedy - use them both :P
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:51 am

Wha? My webspace appears to have been upgraded from 1GB to 3GB without prior notice, and the price stays the same. :shock:

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am

Always good news Jelco.

Well seems like Aoife and I will be able to actually purchase our own place, things are coming together quite well on that. We just need somewhere to stay while we wait for it to become available.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Rkiver wrote:Always good news Jelco.

Well seems like Aoife and I will be able to actually purchase our own place, things are coming together quite well on that. We just need somewhere to stay while we wait for it to become available.

Pub.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 pm

T in the Park time again except we’re not going for the first time in 4 years. I’m not that fussed as the line up this year isn’t that exciting but I will miss camping – festival camping isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but I enjoy the atmosphere at Balado and getting away from it all for a few days.

I don’t know if we’ll go next year…tickets go on sale on Tuesday. Highlights over the years for me have been Massive Attack in 2004, Prodigy in 2005 and James last year. Also a good place to check out lesser know acts like We Are The Physics
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Max Payne's Movie Trailer is out

It either seems mildly interesting or crap.

And I seriously wonder if they intend to turn it into some kind of supernatural thriller.
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:33 pm

If the demon-angel things are drug-induced/nightmares: mildly interesting
If there actually are demon-angel things wandering around: crap
Cnl_Death
level2
level2

Postby Cnl_Death » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:33 pm

random thought for the month..... Defcon as an FPS.... now I leave the country :wink:
War Is Hell But Peace Is Boring
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Pretty sure the supernatural stuff is meant to be real, which is disappointing. I'd much prefer a film based on Max Payne 2; the plot of the first was a turd. Although protecting a man in a big headed cartoon character suit wasn't really a peak in video game storytellng either.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Neither of the games has supernatural stuff so it will probably be drug-induced, and the story seems to be a mix of the two games. I personally didn't really enjoy the storyline of either because for some reason the enemies leave him for dead far too often, which is a weak and implicit version of a deus ex machina to me. Not sure how the movie will play out, but my guess is that it won't be extremely interesting.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:44 pm

I sincerely hope that the supernatural element isn't 'real', but I have low expectations of the subtlety of game-to-film adaptations, and don't honestly imagine they'll have any compunction against making stupid changes of that kind. The first game did involve touches of the supernatural (though drug induced) with respect to some batshit mobster wailing to Beelzebub and they've evidently made angels and demons, real or otherwise, a central theme - unless the trailer completely misrepresents the film. Re enemies leaving him for dead, I think it works as a video-game plot, and can easily be excised where implausible from a film. It is - unfortunately - a pretty common conceit in action films, though. The second game's plot is still head and shoulders above the first's and the plots of most games, which is not to say that its plot is remarkable in the grand scheme of things.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch

Return to “Introversion Lounge”