Is it worth investing in Forex and CryptoCurrency?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
stindows
level1
level1

Is it worth investing in Forex and CryptoCurrency?

Postby stindows » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Since Bitcoin launched and performed really well, there are lots of individuals/companies launching CryptoCurrency. A search on the internet shows a large number of these new CryptoCurrency companies. Should one avoid these new companies? Is BitCoin the only one to trust?
graduateduser
level1
level1

Re: Is it worth investing in Forex and CryptoCurrency?

Postby graduateduser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:59 pm

I think it is, personally I have around 20% of my crypto holdings in Bitcoin, 50% in Ethereum and the rest in OmiseGo.
You should first read more detail about the new coin.. Its white paper.. road map.. see developer .. and much more details..
Ethereum, Litecoin, IOTA etc are some good coin and you can expand your investment in these..
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

The demand for bitcoin has become superior. What is interesting is that even though new coins come up, people invest and still feel bitcoin as trusted source of investment and transaction.

Many companies and groups for their own transactions launch an ICO and enter the crypto world. A lot of research is done by them and they try to built their base. They target growth and demand similar to bitcoin.

But extreme caution is to be practiced before investing in these newer lot. For they may collapse when there are no takers/investors.

Altcoins such as Ethereum, Ripple, Nem, Monero have all come as an alternative to bitcoin and are worth investing in. They are doing fairly well. It is all a question of security and demand. As of now bitcoin is the best bet. But when investors show interest in any other cryptocurrency then gradually its value will soar.
stindows
level1
level1

Postby stindows » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

bitcointperform well but there are lots of cheaters in this market. so please beware of it.
Bitcoin for the long term. invest in alt coins for short-term profits. The catch is you will need to keep a hawk eyes on the fluctuations.
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

It is a lot like promoting a CPA offer. You need to know about the factors relating to each coin and what features you think will be the most valued in years to come. Yes, it is seriously great to invest into options like Bitcoin, but just got to ensure that we divide.
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:09 pm

To be honest with you guys, I wouldn't put more money into any cryptocurrency. It's kinda like an unregulated market with some REALLY big investors and well, yes they can manipulate the market whenever they want.
There is no real value behind these so called virtual currencies unlike gold, silver ... etc, hell I would even put my money into treasury bonds instead of bitcoin.
I've had about 100 bitcoins in the last 4 years and of course exchanged them way before I could reach a good ROI on them. However I have to note I didn't use btc as a form of investment during the past years, it was a fast and efficient way to send money all over the world with extremely low fees. And look what happened, now if you wanna send 130 eur worth of btc you have to pay appx. 10% fee if you don't want to wait forever - yes, it just happend to me 3 days ago so I gotta tell ya this, all-in-all bitcoin has become a nicely packed HYIP nothing else.
Note: Of course maybe there are some good alternatives like Ethereum but personally I wouldn't put any serious money into ETH neither.
stindows
level1
level1

Postby stindows » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm

graduateduser wrote:I think it is, personally I have around 20% of my crypto holdings in Bitcoin, 50% in Ethereum and the rest in OmiseGo.
You should first read more detail about the new coin.. Its white paper.. road map.. see developer .. and much more details..
Ethereum, Litecoin, IOTA etc are some good coin and you can expand your investment in these..

Of course, we are all entitled to our opinion but I have to say that value is all about perception. There is plenty of real value for me in crypto. Hell, people in Venezuela are adopting it because otherwise, they cant import food at all.

Ok, it is not a substance that can be used in industrial applications like gold for example but most of the market value of gold isn't because of that. I think less regulation will be exactly the reasons cryptos do well in the long terms. Fiat currency is over-regulated and that is why people are turning away from it.

Personally, I welcome more 'survival of the fittest', in the markets. It is the natural state of things.
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm

stindows wrote:bitcointperform well but there are lots of cheaters in this market. so please beware of it.
Bitcoin for the long term. invest in alt coins for short-term profits. The catch is you will need to keep a hawk eyes on the fluctuations.

Blockchain tech is here to stay, and as a result, many cryptocurrencies as well. But having said that, many of them will be gone in 1-5 years time. IMO, this will be a lot like the dot-com boom in the 90s. You will have your pets.com companies that get a lot of hype but don't last, and you will have your Amazons and Apples which will survive. A lot of good advice in here. But yes, some of the ones I think will survive are BTC, ETH, NEO, OMG, Monero, and there are several others.
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:12 pm

I got into a point that I want to try in buying Crypto, I am not sure how much and not sure which kind.
I know it will probably with around 3000$ not a lot to cry on but not low.
Thinking about Ripple
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:34 am

Researchers have discovered that over 415,000 routers are infected with malware designed to steal computing power in order to mine cryptocurrency. The routers are located around the world. The attack predominantly affects MikroTik routers from Brazil, where in August it was found that 200,000 routers were infected. Since August, the number of infected routers has more than doubled in this worrying attack that is still underway. These newer instances of infected routers are found outside of Brazil, suggesting the attackers are widening their target further afield.

Another interesting find that security researchers have found is that the preference in mining software may be changing. cognitive is usually the main choice for mining, and this is true in 80-90% of the attacks; however, Omine is also being used. The reason for the variation is unclear.

People or businesses with MikroTik devices are encouraged to update their router to the latest software in order to prevent being a victim. If the scale of the problem continues to rise, it’s likely that Internet Service Providers in Brazil will force over the air updates to the router to protect users from having their computing power stolen.

Security researcher Vries HD states: “The patch for this specific problem has been out for months and I’ve seen ISPs with thousands of infections disappear from the list.” However, some internet service providers are not taking action, causing many people to be vulnerable to having their computing power stolen.

Until internet service providers take the jump to force the update, we may see this problem continue for a while. For a lot of people, their router is provided by their internet service provider and they know little about how it works. It’s fair to say a lot of people wouldn’t know where to begin with updating their router, and it may be beyond the scope of a lot of internet users. For those users, they will continue to be vulnerable until the internet service providers step in and fix the issue.

With the attack becoming more global, this problem may intensify. Internet service providers have different policies and ways of operating around the world, meaning users in some countries may be disproportionately affected. It is also very possible that many people do not know they are victims of this attack and will continue as normal, not being concerned when they receive notices from providers that they don’t think applies to them.
presserffg
level1
level1

Postby presserffg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Cryptocurrencies are now Forex instruments and can be traded, invested and purchased anonymously with no banks involved. Volume is partnered with top crypto liquidity providers to offer crypto assets. Now traders have the opportunity to trade a wide range of the leading cryptocurrencies on the Volume MT4 trading platform 24/7.
Cryptocurrency Forex Broker

Return to “Introversion Lounge”