Uplink available on the Mac App Store

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Uplink available on the Mac App Store

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 pm

No sooner has Darwinia launched, then Apple clear Uplink for release on the Mac App Store. All this work with apple, what can it mean?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh boy. What could it mean indeed...

Edit: I was right! Not that that means anything though, Mark couldn't have made it more obvious :P
Last edited by NeatNit on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svensson
level0

Postby svensson » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi, is there any chance that you will release Defcon on mac app store? It could revive that great game, bring more new players. Like me :)
Biohazard113
level0

Re: Uplink available on the Mac App Store

Postby Biohazard113 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:33 am

Perdonar,no se hablar en ingles así que hablare en español.

Os parecerá una tontería pero me gustaría que hiciesen otra versión de uplink.

Estaría genial.

Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: Uplink available on the Mac App Store

Postby Xocrates » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

For the sake of the rest of the community, translation:

Biohazard113 wrote:Sorry, I don't know how to speak english, so I'll speak in spanish.

I know it will sound silly, however I would like you to make another version of uplink.

It would be great.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Mark, or John, or Neothermic, or whoever is the right person to suggest this to: perhaps the "Windows Troubleshooting" sections of the fora ought to be renamed to "Troubleshooting?" Since ASW are no longer responsible for all Mac tech support, it might relieve a small amount of confusion.

Biohazard113: IV are unlikely to release a new version. However, you can buy the source code, and could potentially write your own new version.

xander
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Mon May 28, 2012 8:12 am

And now the inverse translation for the sake of the Spanish guy:

xander wrote:Biohazard113: Introversion no va a hacer una nueva versión. Sin embargo, puedes comprar el código fuente y hacer una versión propia.
Voracle
level0

Postby Voracle » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Awesome game!

I like how the player has the opportunity to create their own "mission."

On one of my mission, I noticed that the bank account of my target was a large amount. It became a very difficult mission to "liberate" that amount to multiple accounts that I had created. Then wipe the logs on the main and backup proxies. This is not a given mission. This was done for fun.

Crazy! Easily more difficult than the hardest mission in story mode. After that heist though, the game was pretty easy since I was able to get the best tools. I'm actually surprised that the game didn't check the secondary logs on the fake accounts that received the money. I was so paranoid I transferred it again to new accounts and deleted the logs.

Please make the game more challenging! (not less forgiving in time response, but network checks and redundancies - real banks have computerized audits! transfers can be reversed if logs exits)

This app is based on the older version of uplink, I think that the low graphics UI makes it look very real. The new one looks too much like something from a Mission Impossible movie or something.

Added:

So I really like how the systems are slightly different for different banks, but too bad the components are mostly the same. I figure that some banks should be "harder" than others to crack. The harder it is... the more there is in it.

I can imagine that you'd take from the large super fortified bank, transfer the amounts to weaker ones. Erase your traces. Deposit money back into the large bank to lower the risk of other people hackin' in and taking it from you. Hahahaha

How fun would it be with multiplayer dynamics like that! Maybe you'd have to trace down who did it and take it back. =P
namj13
level2
level2

DEFCON Mac AppStore

Postby namj13 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 am

I believe Ambrosia Software has the rights for Mac? If so, I emailed them recently and this was their reply (names in this conversation have been removed and replaced by "namj13" and "Ambrosia Software Rep":

Me:
Hello,
Will DEFCON be released on the Mac AppStore in the near future?
Thanks,
Namj13

Ambrosia Software Rep:
Hello,
Sadly not in the near future. Wish I could offer you better news.
Thanks
--Namj13
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 am

I'm not sure if more recent Introversion Mac releases are done through Ambrosia or independently, so either there really are no plans to get it on mac app store, or Ambrosia simply doesn't know about it.

I must wonder though why do you care? IMO Mac App Store is a horrible idea that turns Apple customers just more into mindless rats.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Ummm...

Uplink is already on the Mac App store - and according to the developer info it is published by Introversion, my guess would be Ambrosia had nothing to do with it...

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/uplink/id432288000?mt=12
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:39 pm

He's talking about DEFCON, a different game by IV. ;)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:04 pm

NeatNit wrote:He's talking about DEFCON, a different game by IV. ;)

Uplink in the app store is, to use your words, a "more recent Introversion Mac release," and ASW seems to have nothing to do with it. In fact, Uplink seems to be a good piece of software to examine in order to understand the possible future of DEFCON in the app store, given that Uplink was originally published by ASW.

xander

Return to “Introversion News”