Defcon 1.6 launched

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Defcon 1.6 launched

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

We've updated the Defcon standard PC version to v1.6 - you can download this now from our defcon page here:

Full client : http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/do ... index.html
Patch : http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/do ... patch.html

This patch updates Defcon to include French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Question: Will BotCon ever be made compatible with Defcon? (and thanks for the updated!)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Barbarossa
level2
level2

Re: Defcon 1.6 launched

Postby Barbarossa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Chris wrote:We've updated the Defcon standard PC version to v1.6 - you can download this now from our defcon page here:

Full client : http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/do ... index.html
Patch : http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/do ... patch.html

This patch updates Defcon to include French, German, Italian and Spanish.

I can see how supporting native languages like French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc makes the game more readily accessible for non-English players in the European Union and elsewhere on the Internets, but if that's the only change to this patch I sure hope it won't get in the way or cause any issues with the servers and clients still running 1.42/1.43 and those that might not choose nor bother to update.

Are the many graphical glitches and bugs ever gonna get patched and fixed? Often times when trying to select a silo to switch it to launch mode the game mistakenly thinks I'm trying to right-click a nearby city and I have to deselect and carefully reselect many times to get that one action done - if you change it so that cities can't be right-clicked, changing silo modes and launching nukes would work on the first try like it is supposed to. And there are times when for apparently no reason at all I'm unable to deploy a unit (even when its well within parameters to being deployed) such as a fighter jet or bomber from an airbase, and its even more frustrating when hitting the spacebar (to deselect) and typing in the chatbox (a trick some have mentioned) still doesn't work. When in the middle of a frenzy and everyone is yelling for speed and I can't deploy my units because the game is glitching, (on top of everything it makes that annoying beeping sound like its my fault or something..) you see how such an obvious flaw should be fixed..

Language packs are appreciated. If it gets the game more exposure or better adoption / conversion then its a benefit for everything (though indirectly - a language pack is of no direct value/interest to me) but perhaps fixing some fundamental issues to the gameplay itself would also benefit the players.
Tesla
level1
level1

Postby Tesla » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Just downloaded and installed the new patch. Wish I hadn't now, everytime I start the game it asks for my authentication key. No big deal really but slightly annoying is this something Im doing wrong or a new feature?
Barbarossa
level2
level2

Postby Barbarossa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Tesla wrote:Just downloaded and installed the new patch. Wish I hadn't now, everytime I start the game it asks for my authentication key. No big deal really but slightly annoying is this something Im doing wrong or a new feature?

Well I haven't tried to "upgrade" my game yet so I don't know. But if its just an authentication key problem why not login to your introversion account and just fetch the key again? Defcon doesn't use any kind of registry settings or anything so I just back everything up (the whole defcon folder) and into a zip file. If something happens I just unzip/extract it again and that ways I don' t need to recopy the auth key.. Every time the game asks me if I want to switch to "demo mode" (because I was testing playing again myself online with the barbarossa bot and etc) next time it loses the auth key information.. and its annoying (not to mention totally irrelevant) for a paying customer to have to see "buy this game now for 15 Euros" banner and be forced to wait out the 4 second splash screen... etc.. So yeah, just backup everything in case something ever goes wrong.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Well technically that's your fault for trying to use two Defcon clients with one Defcon key.
Tesla
level1
level1

Postby Tesla » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hmm Mr Rimmer was that aimed at me? Whats my own fault? I simply saw the flashing box on the main screen telling me there was a new patch downloaded and installed what is my own fault exactly?[/quote]
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 am

Are you sure that you have write permission on the directory in which Defcon is residing? Alternatively, you could create a text file called "authkey" in your Defcon directory, and paste your auth key into that file (dashes included). That might do the trick.

xander
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Tesla wrote:Hmm Mr Rimmer was that aimed at me?

No, not at you.
Steeds
level2
level2

Postby Steeds » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:39 am

Needs to be asked:

Any chance on the Steam edition update date?
"If god had meant us not to wear clothes, we would be born naked...."
Leetkey for all your firefox L3375p34k requirements
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 am

Steam already is on 1.6. Or what are you talking about?
Steeds
level2
level2

Postby Steeds » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:21 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Steam already is on 1.6. Or what are you talking about?

Answered the question - Will load up steam news next time :)
"If god had meant us not to wear clothes, we would be born naked...."

Leetkey for all your firefox L3375p34k requirements
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:32 pm

I already asked that question. But I will do it again!

What happend to the letters "Ä", "Ö", "Ü" in 1.6.???

I'm used to play the english version and I will stick to it. But even when I switch to german I cannot use these letters anymore. These are important letters in the german language and I don't like to substitute them.

Dear IV-coders, did you forget them? I mean how ridiculous is this? All the time I was able to type ä, ö, and ü.
Now there is a language patch including german available and these characteristic letters are missing?

Why am I upset? Look at this: Schubdüse ---> Schubduese
This looks like my b*lls were cut off! :wink:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Do you need a pink sword? I know somebody that has one and is probably willing to loan it to you. :P
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Do you need a pink sword? I know somebody that has one and is probably willing to loan it to you. :P

:lol:
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.

Return to “Introversion News”