Introversion on sale this week

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Introversion on sale this week

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Don't own some/any of our games yet? This is your chance to pick them up at bargain prices!

Steam are currently running a massive sale across the board. They are offering all four of our games - Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Multiwinia, for $5 / £5 / 5 euro. This is the best price ever offered for our complete back catalog, and is currently selling like hot cakes! This promotion ends in less than a week, so get it while you can.

If you're a console gamer, Darwinia+ is currently selling in the "Deal of the Week" on Xbox LIVE arcade, for 800 points - reduced from the normal price of 1200. If you weren't convinced first time around because of the higher price on launch, hopefully this will convince you! This promotion runs until the end of this week.

In other news, we have recently completed a Steam patch for Defcon that adds a number of new features:

- 21 new Steam Achievements: Which kind of megadeath do you prefer?
- Steam stats including your global kill counter : How many billions of lives have you destroyed?
- Nuke our friends in Europe with multi-language support for French, German, Italian and Spanish

I've included some pictures below of the new Achievement icons, and the new Steam stats page for Defcon.

Regarding Darwinia and Multiwinia, we have something coming soon for these games that hopefully will be of interest to you hardcore fans :)

Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

ooh, achievements for multwinia perhaps.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Multiwinia already has achievements... (but not stats)
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:22 pm

On the PC version?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Maybe this time the map editor for Multiwinia will be released ;)

Also, I call shenanigans! There's no way you have nearly 10.000 billion kills and only 123 million casualties! :P

wasgood wrote:On the PC version?

Steam version. Same as defcon now essentially.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Xocrates wrote:Also, I call shenanigans! There's no way you have nearly 10.000 billion kills and only 123 million casualties! :P
In a single game, no less.
elexis
level5
level5

Re: Introversion on sale this week

Postby elexis » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Chris wrote:Regarding Darwinia and Multiwinia, we have something coming soon for these games that hopefully will be of interest to you hardcore fans :)

SQUEEE!

...?
alias00
level0

Re: Introversion on sale this week

Postby alias00 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Am I going to be the first to point out that $5 is about a third less than £5? :P

Still, worth getting for Multiwinia alone!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm

You almost have me convinced to buy it, if but to simply give it away (as a prize).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Regarding Darwinia and Multiwinia, we have something coming soon for these games that hopefully will be of interest to you hardcore fans

Meaning?
:twisted:
There aught to be something awesome because I'm getting steam just for the introversion pack.
lkraider
level0

Postby lkraider » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 am

Oh, I want to buy this, but it seems it is windows-only... will there be a mac release for these games on steam? And will I get them if I buy this pack?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:36 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:You almost have me convinced to buy it, if but to simply give it away (as a prize).

Ok, I did it. I now have all four games. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
lkraider
level0

Postby lkraider » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 am

I just bought it too... hopefully the desktop pc with windows installed abandoned on the corner of my room will boot so I can play these :P
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am

lkraider wrote:I just bought it too... hopefully the desktop pc with windows installed abandoned on the corner of my room will boot so I can play these :P

Make sure that you have steam before trying to play them.
:shock:
Barbarossa
level2
level2

Postby Barbarossa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 am

I know this promotion is over now and it was only for a week.. but what is the business decision to try something like this? Four games for five US dollars? I'm sure steam has to get a cut too (however marginal) so Introversion is (was) basically giving it away for free.. perhaps it was a loss leader serving as a 'teaser' for marketing and promotion (word of mouth, getting the brand/name out there) in which case it would probably have made sense. For one thing the recent uptick in players online on defcon servers has been nice. I remember paying full price $45 for Uplink CD back in high school, and though I never got into Darwinia or whatever its called, I recently bought a copy of Defcon for PC and someone on here was kind enough to give me another key that he had purchased back a while ago for servers but never used. Had I known this ahead of time I would have bought a lot of defcon copies to give away to friends. This is just as an aside tangent and a general observation, it seems that on all fronts the embattled PC gaming platform is dying and being increasingly replaced by the console brethren and now the i-whatever fads.. Ever developers like John Carmack abandoned ship and went strictly "consoles-only" because that is where the market is and where the money is. The last great graphical eyecandy game on the PC was Crysis by Crytek, and even they started pimping out their wares for the console bandwagon. I supposed Steam is what keeps Introversion afloat so you guys can't bite the hand that feeds you .. but it seems PC gaming is a bygone era, even for bedroom programmers.. everyone has moved to porting their apps and games to other platforms.

Return to “Introversion News”