Darwinia+ is now available to play

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Darwinia+ is now available to play

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 pm

We are extremely happy to announce the release of Darwinia+. Right now, gamers are enjoying Darwinia on Xbox Live Arcade after parting with 1200 MS points.

Introversion exists in order to create Original Video Games and we don't think you can get more original than Darwinia - a weird looking insight into the lives of little green stick men growing up inside an enormous network of 80s video game consoles! As a company the development of Darwinia has taken its toll - we've lost staff, lost confidence and on more than one occasion considered shutting the doors, but the key to running a small business is tenacity and we steadfastly stuck the course and today we find out if our efforts will be rewarded.

As well as our XBLA launch, we are approaching another major milestone: pretty soon the hundred thousandth PC gamer will have played Darwinia. It’s an incredible feeling knowing that so many people have enjoyed something that you have created, but despite it’s great response on the PC we’re still pretty nervous about how it will be received on the 360. We have no idea what that audience are going to make of it, but Darwinia+ is without doubt the most highly polished game we have produced - we are incredibly proud of it - the game is finished and now we must let the gamers decide.

Thanks for your continued help - without the press on side we don't stand a chance:

IGN - This is one of the richest, most complex experiences available on Microsoft's downloadable game platform. 8.9

Eurogamer - Innovative, unique and utterly charming in its self-contained universe, it comes highly recommended to open-minded 360 owners. 8

If you are press please contact martin@introversion.co.uk for review codes and assets
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Good luck on the console front!

EDIT:

IV on Twitter wrote:3 hours after Launch Darwinia+ nails our Multiwinia day 1 store sales.

Yay!
strongdl
level1
level1

Postby strongdl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

The trial download didn't work, but it seemed that the paid one would. I said, "I like it on PC, I'll chance it", and purchased without gettin the demo first. Unfortunately I spent my free time in the morning blowing snow, so I'll wait till this evening to try it.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Got it, playing it (or rather, I'm waiting for the AI to finish losing). Looks like squaddies are going to take practice...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Who are all these sutestXX populating the leaderboard? Plus, yay, first on the overall Multiwinia board :) Too much time to play today, I will definitely lack the dedication to keep that up. Why isn't the multiplayer leaderboard TrueSkill based? Isn't that available for Arcade games?

For the 'play on all maps' achievement, is playing against the AI allowed?

Anyway, looking good and smooth. Formation control could be better, I always waste a couple of seconds positioning them.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Who are all these sutestXX populating the leaderboard? Plus, yay, first on the overall Multiwinia board :) Too much time to play today, I will definitely lack the dedication to keep that up. Why isn't the multiplayer leaderboard TrueSkill based? Isn't that available for Arcade games?

For the 'play on all maps' achievement, is playing against the AI allowed?

Anyway, looking good and smooth. Formation control could be better, I always waste a couple of seconds positioning them.

Playing the trial currently. Not a fan of how far the squadies cause you to zoom in.

Also, bug report. I just terminated an armour in Introduction 2 and... it didn't go anywhere. :P

Edit: Whoops. The "You just unlocked a t-shirt and gamerpic" up-sell screen is slightly covered up by an incubator and the team scores screen (to be fair, I had to be in the wrong place to get this to happen :P).
fraggdya
level1
level1

Yay

Postby fraggdya » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Got it - playing it, cya soon xD
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Would get it, but I don't have a console.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Also don't have a Xbox, but hope it sells a lot. :)
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm

crap i only have 800 msp's :(
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:41 pm

strongdl wrote:...I spent my free time in the morning blowing snow...

You do know that cocaine is bad for you, right? :P

xander
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Is there going to be a forum for darwinia+? Or will people spread it around between the the DW and MW forums?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

elexis wrote:Is there going to be a forum for darwinia+? Or will people spread it around between the the DW and MW forums?
Would make sense for the people visiting here. Gameplay is pretty much exactly the same. Making a new D+ subforum would make as much sense as making a whole new Mac Defcon subformum. That said, analogy would dictate a "D+ troubleshooting" subsection for each MW and DW.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:28 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:
elexis wrote:Is there going to be a forum for darwinia+? Or will people spread it around between the the DW and MW forums?
Would make sense for the people visiting here. Gameplay is pretty much exactly the same. Making a new D+ subforum would make as much sense as making a whole new Mac Defcon subformum. That said, analogy would dictate a "D+ troubleshooting" subsection for each MW and DW.

I think that's a good idea.

Also, there's always the official 360 board over at xbox.com.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Making a new D+ subforum would make as much sense as making a whole new Mac Defcon subforum.

Like this one?

Return to “Introversion News”