Darwinians will be all over XBLA on Feb 10th

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Darwinians will be all over XBLA on Feb 10th

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm

We are excited to announce the release date for Darwinia+ on Xbox Live Arcade.

The game will be launched through XBLA on Wednesday 10th February 2010 and will cost 1200 points.

It’s been a long battle with Microsoft and their particularly high standards; in the end we are really thankful for their advice and help in completing this long and challenging game project. We have come to think of Darwinia+ as the Directors Cut as it has surpassed our expectations of what we were originally looking to create and now looks and feels smoother than ever. As Darwinia+ is our first adventure onto a games console this also marks an extra special celebration for Introversion.

We would also like to take this opportunity to give a special thank-you to everyone, especially the press and the fans for their continued support for Introversion, and as ever we look forward to reading some really interesting reviews and user comments. Without you guys Introversion’s lasting dream of creating true original games would not be a possible. Again many thanks.

We plan to make Darwinia+ review code available for our friends and partners with standard XBOX consoles on the day of launch. For those who have access to partner net, the final build is available now, but the standard rules apply and you need to hold off publishing a review until launch day.

For extensive Darwinia+ art assets, screenshots and web banners please visit here

The Darwinia+ game trailer can be viewed at www.darwiniaplus.com

For any queries, help or comments about Darwinia+ please contact martin@introversion.co.uk

About Darwinia+

Over thousands of generations the peaceful Darwinians have been evolving in a beautiful digital world, but now their whole way of life is under threat from a devastating computer virus that has infected their world and decimated their numbers. Without your protection they don't stand a chance and it’s up to you to lead them into battle to recapture their lost world! Once you've proven your command ability, take your Darwinian army online and challenge your friends to strategic combat, as tribes of Darwinians slaughter one another in a desperate struggle for supremacy.

Darwinia+ is developed by Introversion Software and published by Microsoft.

About Introversion Software

Introversion Software is one of the UK's most-respected and successful independent game developers and publishers. Founded in 2001 by three university students, Introversion has gone on to create four critically acclaimed video games including cult classics Uplink, DEFCON, Darwinia and Multiwinia. Introversion was recently voted one of the top 50 Best Games Companies in the world. For more information on these please visit www.introversion.co.uk and our developers' blog or follow us on Twitter @IVSoftware.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Is there a reward for having guessed the right price point? :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Woo, I already have 1200 points in my account, I was wondering what I'd spend them on!
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
strongdl
level1
level1

Postby strongdl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 pm

I'll be buying day one. Been a long road guys. Congrats on finally getting there.
fraggdya
level1
level1

Postby fraggdya » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Well done pplz :) I'll be getting it for sure! Btw I read in the blurb about 'avatar awards' what are they?
Hope you sell miwwions :)
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Awesome news! I'll be convincing my Xbox playing friends to get it.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm

The avatar awards are likely to be the T-shirts featured on the darwiniaplus website a while back. I'd be excited, but my avatar is already proudly wearing a splosion-man-secret-underground-lab-symbol-shirt.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

Congratulations. If I had an XBox 360, I would be all over this. ;)

xander
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 pm

xander wrote:Congratulations. If I had an XBox 360, I would be all over this. ;)

xander

Rejoice, there's hope for the Blitzkrieg players!
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
ic1male
level0

Postby ic1male » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Congrats on this, Introversion guys!

I will be picking it up, it's the only reason I'm hanging on to my Xbox 360. Otherwise, it would have gone by now. LOL.

Anyroad, is this new fangled version also going to see the light of day on PC as it now seems to be the "definitive" version?

Cheers.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 am

ic1male wrote:Anyroad, is this new fangled version also going to see the light of day on PC as it now seems to be the "definitive" version?

I am praying it is as well. After all, they still have yet to release a map editor which they have promised since the beginning of Multiwinia on PC.
michael123
level0

Postby michael123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:18 am

hI MARK,
its nice to be here, thanks for sharing "Darwinia+ on Xbox Live Arcade. "
Its very useful , i will surely try it, thanks mark
michael123
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 am

You are named like a spambot and talk like a spambot.
zhanlin9391
level0

Postby zhanlin9391 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 am

Hello, this is great article. I have blog and I thanks to say you thanks. Regards!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 am

Spam fail.

xander

Return to “Introversion News”