Mark and Chris on US Press Tour

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Mark and Chris on US Press Tour

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 pm

First stop San Francisco where Chris (Creative Director) and I (MD) will be meeting various magazines and websites to give them a preview of our new release Darwinia+ for Xbox Live Arcade. We haven’t announced a launch date yet and instead are giving everyone we meet a sneak peak of Darwinia+ on our Xbox Developer kit.

We will be in the San Francisco area from 23rd to 29th January 2010. If you are available and would like to meet and have a play or just a beer, then please reply and we will make it happen. We'll be giving a walkthrough of the game and also giving out cool Darwinia+ promo material and goodies.

For our closer to home friends who feel left out, don’t be sad. We will also be making our rounds up and down the country. Please get in touch if you are interested and we will arrange a suitable date for you in February.

As is usual with XBLA we can’t let any reviews go out before our launch and we’ll let you know as soon as we can about the date. We want to get in touch early to give you time to have a play so you don’t have to rush to get it finished. If you don’t have partnernet then we‘ll make review codes available to you the day Darwinia+ goes live on Xbox Live Arcade.

You can get in touch with us here - we'd love to hear from you!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Re: Mark and Chris on US Press Tour

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Great to hear!

Mark wrote:For our closer to home friends who feel left out, don’t be sad.

Wha? They get all the good stuff already, they can sit this one out. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
fraggdya
level1
level1

Postby fraggdya » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Best of luck guys, hope all goes well!
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 am

any chance (IV) will be stopping by chicago, i'll buy you guys a pint, hotdog(s), italian beef in exchange for those Darwinia+ promo material and goodies :D i'll even pick you up as i live 20 minutes from ohare int'l airport.

and will chris and u be sneaking in the apple announcement on the 27th.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 am

You should make the trip out to Reno, and buy me a beer (or, if you really insist upon it, allow me to buy you a beer). :P

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:35 am

Man... If you guys are coming to Seattle by any chance, I would love to see you, and it. But I don't live close enough to SF to see you down there...

Shwart!!
RagingLion
level1
level1

Postby RagingLion » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm a fan and regular visitor of the GiantBomb website which I know are based in SF (like pretty much everyone). If you hadn't already listed them as potential people to visit then they might be a good site to try out - some of the staff have mentioned that they're waiting for Darwinia+ to come out a little while ago on their podcast so I reckon there's interest there and they often put up 'Quick Looks' on there site of games about to come out, including where developers are there to walk them through it (e.g. a Greed Corp Quick Look was put up recently with one of the game's Dutch developers taking the staff through a quick game).

So that's a recommendation from me. It would be fun and great to see one of my favourite developers on my favourite games website if only from a slightly selfish fan point of view, but I reckon it would get you some good coverage.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Good Luck To You Both! :)

Return to “Introversion News”