A message to those who make it possible.

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

A message to those who make it possible.

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:38 pm

Darwinia+ has taken a long, long time. Much longer than we ever expected and it's been a hard graft for us, but there is another group that have been hit hard by our focus on this project - our fans. I think it is fair to say that we have pretty much neglected all of you guys over the last few years and for that I'm sorry. Our mission is to create original video games and that is what you guys expect us to be doing. Well in our defence, we need to bring those original games to as wide an audience as possible which is why we worked with Microsoft. It's take us a long time, but we made it and now we are set up to produce our new games on more than just PC. This isn't an announcement, but wouldn't it be cool if Subversion came out on XBLA at the same time as PC?

Whether you agree with our strategy our not, I do want to say that we have plans for our community in 2010 - young, embryonic and unthought through plans - but plans nevertheless and I promise that this year we will start working more closely with you guys to do cool stuff.

But we need D+ to do as well as it possibly can, and we need your help to do that. Spread the word, link to the videos and screenshots and tell all the 360 gamers what a great time they are about to have. It would also be mighty helpful if you could take the time to give us a decent score here.

Let's make 2010 the year of the Introversion Fans.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Anyone who would get mad at you concentrating on Darwinia+ really doesn't get the point of being a fan of Introversion. Shame on them. You do what you have to do to keep IV working, to keep earning money, so when times are good you can concentrate on the new and exciting games such as Subversion.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
ynbniar
level5
level5

Re: A message to those who make it possible.

Postby ynbniar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Mark wrote:but wouldn't it be cool if Subversion came out on PSN at the same time as PC?

Fixed :wink:
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 pm

It would be just as cool if Defcon came out on XBLA too 8)
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm

I hope whatever the plans are, it involves more parties.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 pm

So what are the plans for the release party and who's invited?! :D
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Can it be in Australia this time? :P Yeah i know fat chance. Oh well, someday...
Maybe I should have chose to follow a more local indie company? ;P
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:05 am

It's okay... it's been hard, but we still love you guys.
Looking forward to the Subversions!

Shwart!!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:50 am

Rkiver wrote:Anyone who would get mad at you concentrating on Darwinia+ really doesn't get the point of being a fan of Introversion. Shame on them. You do what you have to do to keep IV working, to keep earning money, so when times are good you can concentrate on the new and exciting games such as Subversion.

QFT.

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:52 am

jelco wrote:I'll be honest, I got mad at IV a good lot for the silence, and I still think certain things might have been able to be handled better. However, I also know that you need to do what you did, and I'm not expert at business either, and I did always hope for a return favour to us fans after this all was over. Glad to see you're sticking to your old ideals. ;)

Jelco

Hear hear, I don't think many people were mad at introversion for working on D+, but instead of dropping off the radar and not telling us what was doing on.

I'm glad Darwinia+ is all done, and you're hopefully poised to make lots of money to keep introversion afloat and making more awesome games.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

martin wrote:I'm glad Darwinia+ is all done, and you're hopefully poised to make lots of money to keep introversion afloat and making more awesome games.

Well, for what it's worth, I plan on buying it once it comes out. My dad unexpectedly bought an ExxBawx last week(we've never owned a console before), so I'm certainly excited to see what they've been working on all this time.
So I'm going to be helping them 'make lots of money' here.

Shwart!!
GreenRock
level4
level4

Re: A message to those who make it possible.

Postby GreenRock » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 am

Mark wrote:Darwinia+ has taken a long, long time. Much longer than we ever expected and it's been a hard graft for us, but there is another group that have been hit hard by our focus on this project - our fans. I think it is fair to say that we have pretty much neglected all of you guys over the last few years and for that I'm sorry. Our mission is to create original video games and that is what you guys expect us to be doing. Well in our defence, we need to bring those original games to as wide an audience as possible which is why we worked with Microsoft. It's take us a long time, but we made it and now we are set up to produce our new games on more than just PC. This isn't an announcement, but wouldn't it be cool if Subversion came out on XBLA at the same time as PC?

Whether you agree with our strategy our not, I do want to say that we have plans for our community in 2010 - young, embryonic and unthought through plans - but plans nevertheless and I promise that this year we will start working more closely with you guys to do cool stuff.

But we need D+ to do as well as it possibly can, and we need your help to do that. Spread the word, link to the videos and screenshots and tell all the 360 gamers what a great time they are about to have. It would also be mighty helpful if you could take the time to give us a decent score here.

Let's make 2010 the year of the Introversion Fans.

*starts clapping slowly*
Lord Ozymandias
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ozymandias » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 pm

So long as Microsoft doesn't gobble you guys up like they did to Bungie, I'm happy.

Keep being awesome and we'll keep calling you awesome.

Edit: Or EA gobbling up Maxis.
Last edited by Lord Ozymandias on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Lord Ozymandias wrote:So long as Microsoft doesn't gobble you guys up like they did to Bungie, I'm happy.

URGE TO KILL RISING!

xander
naufrago
level1
level1

Postby naufrago » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:39 am

hopefully this'll mean a new subversion blog post...?

I'm a fan of Introversion, have been for a while. You run a business and you do what you have to do to keep it running, and I and most other people can understand that. I have no problem with you focusing most of your efforts on a project necessary to keep your business running relatively smoothly. The thing that I disliked was the almost complete lack of new information on how Subversion was progressing. The best new info in the past several months was a couple of screenshots with no caption or explanation. I didn't think the game was vaporware, but I was about 1 day away from not visiting this site for several months just so I might not be disappointed the next time I looked for news on upcoming projects. Seems like there might be a bit of hope yet, so I'll keep checking back for new info for at least a couple more weeks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it sucks to be left in the dark about something you're really interested in. Any news on Subversion would be great to have.

Return to “Introversion News”