Darwinia+ Trailer Launched

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Silly me I forgot. I was thinking cd-keys and not accounts.
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Byron wrote:Well done guys - will be nice to see it in the real world!

Thanks Byron - I appreciate it.

...and yes Jelco - brand new original music.
freeammo
level0

Postby freeammo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm

I might just be being really stupid but can't get either the video or the high res trailer to work with Google Chrome - any thoughts?

(Note it works fine with IE, just wondering for future reference).
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Mark wrote:...and yes Jelco - brand new original music.

Is any of the original music included, or were there clearance issues? I can't imagine the game without some of those cues, and definitely not without the rising souls intro.

Any how, congrats on this milestone. I hope this takes off on Live, Multiwinia died before its time on PC. I've enjoyed grabbing the trailer on my Xbox rather than on PC, since that's where the game is headed!
Last edited by Greeba on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

All of the awesome original music is in the xbox version, it really is the best version we've ever made, and Microsoft weren't gonna stop us putting stuff that cool in. All of the bootloaders are there (especially the rising souls, my favourite one) except I think the sensible software one, which we didn't particularly like. D+ is a really great game, we're all very proud of it.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Chris wrote:All of the awesome original music is in the xbox version, it really is the best version we've ever made, and Microsoft weren't gonna stop us putting stuff that cool in. All of the bootloaders are there (especially the rising souls, my favourite one) except I think the sensible software one, which we didn't particularly like. D+ is a really great game, we're all very proud of it.

Cheers Chris, looking forward to release :)
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:05 am

Chris wrote:All of the awesome original music is in the xbox version, it really is the best version we've ever made, and Microsoft weren't gonna stop us putting stuff that cool in. All of the bootloaders are there (especially the rising souls, my favourite one) except I think the sensible software one, which we didn't particularly like. D+ is a really great game, we're all very proud of it.

And the one that caused Darwinia's release to be stalled on Steam because they thought someone really did hack it (bootloader)? =P

If not, you'd best tell Microsoft before things seem to go a bit haywire. I doubt it'll repeat itself but still...

At any rate, I can't help but ask... Will these beautiful implementations and upgrades be placed in the PC versions of Darwinia and Multiwinia? Something tells me yes, but I just have to confirm it (once again, perhaps?).
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 am

I can't find any information about split screen play (admittedly, I haven't looked particularly hard). Does D+ support 4 player split screen play?

*crosses fingers*
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 pm

martin wrote:I can't find any information about split screen play (admittedly, I haven't looked particularly hard). Does D+ support 4 player split screen play?

*crosses fingers*
When I went to the IV offices, I believe they said that was unlikely to be implemented. Not because they didn't want to, but due to optimization issues or something like that.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Interesting, I would have thought the thing that would strain the xbox CPU is the game simulation, split screen simply requires the same simulation to be rendered 4 times. Maybe it's the fact that you'd have 4x as many buttons presses as normal? :/
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm

It seems like it would be hard to see the little guys on a four-way split screen without getting really close to the tv.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Feud wrote:It seems like it would be hard to see the little guys on a four-way split screen without getting really close to the tv.

Well a friend of mine has a 42" split screen and we go round there every friday to play 4 player split screen games, whether or not we can play Darwinia+ depends entirely upon if it does split screen (obviously)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:55 pm

This, and Rez HD, almost make me want to buy an XBox 360. Not quite, but almost.

xander
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:25 pm

martin wrote:Interesting, I would have thought the thing that would strain the xbox CPU is the game simulation, split screen simply requires the same simulation to be rendered 4 times. Maybe it's the fact that you'd have 4x as many buttons presses as normal? :/

It was so long ago that I don't really remember what they said, but I'm actually more tempted to go with your first theory. Also, if you look closely at the trailer you'll notice the directx effects from the Darwinia vista patch were added to multiwinia, so it may make the game more taxing to render (says the computer stuff ignoramus).

By the way, while D+ is indeed pretty awesome, at the time I played it split screen wasn't the biggest missing feature. So it's actually recommended you own both D+ and the PC versions for the full experience ;)
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 am

Will Darwinia+ be released on steam? Or is that just too uncalled for?

Return to “Introversion News”