DEFCON for DS!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Byron
level2
level2

Postby Byron » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:33 am

xander wrote:
Byron wrote:...but not before Mark in his infinite curiosity had managed to deploy a few subs in key locations around the UK and was about to Nuke London (hey, he's a CEO - they are not renowned for smart thinking).

Well, I suppose that explains the recent submarine collision. ;)

xander

Shhhh - keep that to yourself, we don't want them coming round to pick Mark up.

Oh, wait, no, we do - it's a quick route to promotion!
Byron
level2
level2

Postby Byron » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 am

Wasgood wrote:
Awesome. But still PSP version? (There would'nt even have to be a distibuter Sony has digital distribution these days.

Give me a PSP dev-kit and I'll have a crack at it.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 am

Fair enough, how much to run these days?
Byron
level2
level2

Postby Byron » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Wasgood wrote:Fair enough, how much to run these days?

Give these guys a call and ask: http://www.technology.scee.net/
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Pfft, just do it with homebrew! I think there's an SDL build for PSP...
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:18 pm

If you can do Defcon on DS, what about Xbox360? ^^
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Without a pointing device... would defcon actually be playable?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Possibly even better :) Have two pointers, controlled by the two analog sticks. Have the shoulder buttons zoom in on the two pointers. One pointer controls the unit receiving orders, the other pointer controls the order target position. Not moving a pointer leaves the unit highlighted by it fixed even while stuff moves around. That leaves plenty of buttons for commands and doesn't force you to do the hectic 'click on bomber (zooming in to actually be able to hit the right one), click on city, repeat 20x' dance.
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Possibly even better :) Have two pointers, controlled by the two analog sticks. Have the shoulder buttons zoom in on the two pointers. One pointer controls the unit receiving orders, the other pointer controls the order target position. Not moving a pointer leaves the unit highlighted by it fixed even while stuff moves around. That leaves plenty of buttons for commands and doesn't force you to do the hectic 'click on bomber (zooming in to actually be able to hit the right one), click on city, repeat 20x' dance.

if bert was designing halo wars or console ports of other strat games.

anyways will how many players will dscon support? I'd be suprised of ds could handle 4 players at once, and dses certainly can't handle 6 cos the wireless protocol.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Uh, what? You think the *wireless* is the limiting factor? I've played 6 player games over flaky wireless before. I'd be more worried about all that blitting. ;)
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Pox wrote:Uh, what? You think the *wireless* is the limiting factor? I've played 6 player ( games over flaky wireless before. I'd be more worried about all that blitting. ;)

in local multiplayer, no ds has ever supported more than 4 players at once. i think it's the ds's local multiplayer protocol, or the power of the system, but am wondering if the ds has the power to manage 4 defconers at once, or whether it could even manage more. In online multiplayer, more than 4 should be possible (think MOH heroes 2 on wii, the wii does not have the power to mnage 32 online connections, it's all just one connection from the server), but still wondering.

blitting?? let's see what google has to say (so i dont get someone sending me to lmgtfy.com)
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm

world idiot wrote:in local multiplayer, no ds has ever supported more than 4 players at once.

You, sir, have clearly never played Mario Kart.
Zeph
level1
level1

Postby Zeph » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 pm

world idiot wrote:
Pox wrote:Uh, what? You think the *wireless* is the limiting factor? I've played 6 player ( games over flaky wireless before. I'd be more worried about all that blitting. ;)

in local multiplayer, no ds has ever supported more than 4 players at once. i think it's the ds's local multiplayer protocol, or the power of the system, but am wondering if the ds has the power to manage 4 defconers at once, or whether it could even manage more. In online multiplayer, more than 4 should be possible (think MOH heroes 2 on wii, the wii does not have the power to mnage 32 online connections, it's all just one connection from the server), but still wondering.

blitting?? let's see what google has to say (so i dont get someone sending me to lmgtfy.com)

Local supports at least 8, if not more.
Mr.Racoon
level1
level1

Man...

Postby Mr.Racoon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 am

Only got a PSP and PC. Not spending 200 dollars for a DS or whatever the price is. But still it being on DS will Usually lead to PSP :D
Rkiver
level5
level5

Re: Man...

Postby Rkiver » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 am

Mr.Racoon wrote:Only got a PSP and PC. Not spending 200 dollars for a DS or whatever the price is. But still it being on DS will Usually lead to PSP :D

It does? Let me compare my DS game collection to the PSP one. Hmm there are a few games available on both, but they are vastly different. In short I'd say you're wrong.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “Introversion News”