Live Chat tomorrow with IV directors!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

Live Chat tomorrow with IV directors!

Postby vic » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Roll up, roll up - this is your chance to ask the IV directors any burning questions you have! What is it like to make games for a living? What is an average day at Introversion like? Why are the IV headquarters called The Flying Hamster? What is Subversion really all about?....

The Introversion team will be ready to answer all your questions at 8pm (GMT i.e. UK time) tomorrow, 4th December. 5 lucky winners will win complete Introversion Anthology sets, with 1 lucky listener taking home a premium amBX kit worth £199!

To listen in and take part you'll need to first sign up for an Xfire account from here and then register your email to take part in the chat.

The Live Chat is the highlight in a 2-week Multiwinia Play 2 Win event we have been running with Xfire, in which players must log a certain number of hours in order to win fantastic prizes. You don't even need a full version of Multiwinia in order to play - you can simply use the demo!

We've got great goodies kindly donated by Logitech, amBX, 3d Connexion (the ingenious developers behind the new 3d mouse - more on this soon!) and of course some Introversion gifts thrown in.

Not only this but we're also opening up the Subversion beta - 100 lucky particpants in the Play 2 Win event will be randomly selected to join the Subversion beta when it goes live! And last but certainly not least - we're offering all particpants in the competition the opportunity to buy Multiwinia and get a FREE download of either Uplink, Darwinia or DEFCON.

If this sounds right up your street, then its not too late to take part, the competition continues until the 15th December! It's simple to participate - you'll need to sign up to an account with Xfire and join their official Multiwinia Guild in order to take part. To do this and to find out more about the competition, live chat, prizes and special offer, please click here.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: Live Chat tomorrow with IV directors!

Postby Xocrates » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 pm

jelco wrote:Wait, you mean it's actually going to open up soon? As in, before the next millenium? :shock:

She didn't say that, only that it will open at some point :wink:

Anyway, I'm still unsure whether or not to sign up for all that xfire stuff, I'm not really playing much MW recently.

I just hope that I can still sign for the subversion beta the usual way.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Since it's near impossible to get an ambx kit here in Ireland I am defiantely in.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 pm

That clears up my questions... I didn't know how long we'd have to play Multiwinia before we'd get to the end of the road.

I'm not playing to win any prizes really, just trying to get into the beta testing. I feel my SpaceNavigator is enough, though the G15 keyboard would be nice though...

Edit: Got 16 hours down thus far! WOOHOO!
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:56 am

Right, now I have to weigh up the benefits of getting up at 5:30 in the morning to 'attend' this.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:42 am

it's only till another 7 hours right? How do you open chat then? does someone know?
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Yay invite! I guess I'm going to have to pre-write my questions since I doubt my brain can function enough to write a coherent sentence before six a.m.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:47 pm

I signed up, but I don't know whether I'll be able to make it. Or ask coherent questions. Let alone interesting ones.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 pm

copypasta transcription kplsthx...

My wireless is playing serious silly buggers today, and I'm not gonna grind my teeth trying to sign up for another online service and downloading anything over 1MB on my connection which seems to be ranging from ~10kb/s to a whopping 60kb/s when it's feeling good...

So, yes, it would be appreciated if someone could post a transcription on these boards.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Woaw, the live chat I had was insane!! Thank you xfire!

I never new my brother had xfire too and that he was such a great chatter
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:12 pm

*doink* 22 hours and going! I really must be an addict if I can get it non-stop like this....
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:28 pm

just to be sure, when you got 20 hours you can stop going and still have the same chance as someone who played a 100 hours right? Because it would spare me the trouble to first start xfire and then MW.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Cyan. wrote:just to be sure, when you got 20 hours you can stop going and still have the same chance as someone who played a 100 hours right? Because it would spare me the trouble to first start xfire and then MW.

Yeah, you'll be eligible to win the prizes, but I'm guessing they look for more and more hours for a higher % to win. ;)
samuelnax
level0

news

Postby samuelnax » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:21 am

Spammer begone! New revolutionary product by NeoThermic.inc bans spammers before they spam too much! Get it today on these forums!
samuelnax
level0

news

Postby samuelnax » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:35 am

Spammer begone! New revolutionary product by NeoThermic.inc bans spammers before they spam too much! Get it today on these forums!

Return to “Introversion News”