Defcon Bots!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:05 am

The simple bot, I followed the directions that came with the Quickstart guide to set up a project.

But i haven't done much c++ before, so it could just be a simple problem, i'll get in contact with Robin.
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:24 am

Would we be able to have a forum for this, where we discuss creating out world destroying bots.
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 am

RabidZombie wrote:
Spacemonkey wrote:Has anyong managed to be able to compile the code yet?

I haven't done much in C++ yet, I get errors like;

Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup MSVCRT.lib mybot

I expect that getting in contact with Robin directly may be the best solution. Which code is this? Is this the Introversion bot or the simple bot?

I got that error when I tried creating a new project following the instructions in the documentation.

If i simply open the project file included in the simplebot directory, it works.

Time to start making my AI. My plan it to make it constantly hurl abuse at the player through chat until they rage quit, Muhahaha.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 am

The issue is that your project settings are wrong. You've started a Win32 project, but the code doesn't follow the requirements of a Win32 project i.e. a WinMain() function in place of a main() one. If you set it as a Console application, it should be fine.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:55 pm

I had no problem compiling at all. I assume you're using visual studio express/professional?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Introversion News”