Multiwinia: call for Beta Testers!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Xiuying wrote:
zanzer7 wrote:I agree (to some extent), but there would be a few problems with this approach.

First of all, setting aside 4-5 minutes for an interview with every person means a four-hour session for the interviewers. Second, not everyone is as fluent in spoken English as in written. Third, xenophobes who might otherwise be excellent testers are likely to fail an interview due to anxiety.

This is volunteering we're talking, not a job position. It would be kind of neat though :roll:

lol def agree. But I think Interviewing should be kind of a "last Resort" thing. Lets say they narrow down the applicants to about 60 or so and there having a hard time deciding, they could have interviews with those people (a long time i know) But it would help them decide on who to pick for this grand opportunity.

lol not sure how to answer the Xenophobes topic. Hmm they could be excluded from the interview if everyone agrees that they are a excellent tester.

The thing is, there's not a fixed 50 positions for which they have to get the absolutely best potential testers for - they simply need enough people to cover all the bugs on many different hardware combinations. If someone's not pulling their weight, I'm sure they won't hesitate to kick them off and grab someone new... not sure if they exodise when the next batch comes in, this is my first beta. But really, as long as they're fairly confident they won't have a leak, it's not that important.

@RabidZombie: You're grammor needing to stab.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:37 pm

That's what I get for not reading it before posting. I thought it was such a simple post I couldn't possibly make a mistake...
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Some interesting ideas there Xiuying, however for the most part I'm going to have to definatively burst your bubble.

A veteran is not someone who has a large amount of posts, though quite often they do. It's not even someone who's been around years, though it's usually that also. It's someone who has garnered the respect of most of the community, and most importantly Introversion themselves. And as Chris has said before, they are more likely to pick people they like, then random people who pretty much just signed up to try and get in the beta.

So while a few random people who just signed up do sometimes get selected, it's usually for certain reasons (unusual hardware configuration) more then anything else. I've been lucky enough to beta Darwinia and Defcon, doesn't mean I will be in the beta for Multiwinia though (as much as I may like to be). At the end of the day it's all down to Introversion, and they don't have to explain their reasons for selecting anybody. They can pick and choose who they like, and if you don't like it, tough.

Regardless of all that, welcome to the forums Xiuying.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Xiuying
level0

Postby Xiuying » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 am

Rkiver wrote:Some interesting ideas there Xiuying, however for the most part I'm going to have to definatively burst your bubble.

A veteran is not someone who has a large amount of posts, though quite often they do. It's not even someone who's been around years, though it's usually that also. It's someone who has garnered the respect of most of the community, and most importantly Introversion themselves. And as Chris has said before, they are more likely to pick people they like, then random people who pretty much just signed up to try and get in the beta.

So while a few random people who just signed up do sometimes get selected, it's usually for certain reasons (unusual hardware configuration) more then anything else. I've been lucky enough to beta Darwinia and Defcon, doesn't mean I will be in the beta for Multiwinia though (as much as I may like to be). At the end of the day it's all down to Introversion, and they don't have to explain their reasons for selecting anybody. They can pick and choose who they like, and if you don't like it, tough.

Regardless of all that, welcome to the forums Xiuying.

lol Sadly i knew someone was going to burst my bubble sooner or later =P... but yea thx for clearing a lil bit up and as for the Unusual Hardware config. They tend to only do that for games that require alot of "power" to test different Video cards, cpu's, etc... to make sure the game will be compatible.

The last few sentences though, in my head it kind of sounds like your talking to me like im a kid or someone who doesn't know much xD (lol just speaking my mind again)

Thanks for the welcoming but ive been apart of the forums for awhile. lol Everytime i leave the forum for while and come back i always get welcomed as a newcomer. Always smile when i get welcomed again though ^_^... Ty
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:54 am

Xiuying wrote:Thanks for the welcoming but ive been apart of the forums for awhile. lol Everytime i leave the forum for while and come back i always get welcomed as a newcomer. Always smile when i get welcomed again though ^_^... Ty

You've been registered for less than two days. How does that not make you a newcomer? Also, I realize that, while I have been debating the point with you, I haven't actually made it clear that I am arguing for the sake of arguing, and that it is nothing personal. Welcome to the boards.

xander
Xiuying
level0

Postby Xiuying » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:23 am

xander wrote:
Xiuying wrote:Thanks for the welcoming but ive been apart of the forums for awhile. lol Everytime i leave the forum for while and come back i always get welcomed as a newcomer. Always smile when i get welcomed again though ^_^... Ty

You've been registered for less than two days. How does that not make you a newcomer? Also, I realize that, while I have been debating the point with you, I haven't actually made it clear that I am arguing for the sake of arguing, and that it is nothing personal. Welcome to the boards.

xander

In my earlier posts i said that my other account was deleted for inactivity and also said how long I've had the game for. lol dont worry i know its nothing personal ^_^
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:34 am

xander wrote:

xander

Indeed, arguments mean nothing around here... especially coming from xander. ;)
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:52 pm

antixander wrote:-antixander

And still my true identity is a mystery...

Sure it is, mibias.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
reSPAWNed
level0

Awesome

Postby reSPAWNed » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Count me in...

Can't wait for this to be out... I mean Darwinia a masterpiece, so to advance it to multiplayer is brilliant... :lol:
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Any chance for a MAC beta?
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 pm

There will probably be a Mac beta, but I can imagine that being over at Ambrosia.

I'm sure our most beloved in-house Mac-user xander will be happy to spill some information regarding previous Mac betas - or anyone else who knows more than me on the subject, anyway.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:20 am

Gaa, forgot to update my hardware info from Laptop (for the hardware test) to my Desktop. Duh. Did so now. (crosses fingers for hopefully next batch)
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Hmm, that's odd.

I was of the impression that you already were in the beta :?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:09 pm

Heh, no :) The only secret conspiracy group I'm in is NeoThermic's Defcon performance test group.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:32 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Heh, no :) The only secret conspiracy group I'm in is NeoThermic's Defcon performance test group.

Ssshh! ;)

NeoThermic

Return to “Introversion News”