Multiwinia: call for Beta Testers!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am

yes just above, not yet
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 am

You'd have to be more than a bit lucky for anyone at IV spotting your very non-outstanding post. You'd be better off emailing them - or ask here what you would ask someone at IV - we might save you the embarassment of asking for something you will obviously not get permission for ;)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am

martin wrote:yes just above, not yet

martin, you're an idiot, now STFU.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 am

Lynch Martin :!:

:wink:
serekpl
level0

Postby serekpl » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm

maybe I will test it too :)

waiting for some reply though.
Verlustmeldung3
level0

Postby Verlustmeldung3 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am

i wanna sign for a test, too :)

mfg Verlust
Pavlus
level0

Postby Pavlus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Signed on 3/28/2008.... When I'll be accepted ?? :roll:
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:40 pm

The day you travel back in time and apply when the rest of us did. Or in the next test phase, whichever comes first.

Also, can't you see the date of the last post in this thread? Posting half a month later should be a good indicator of your chances to be accepted into this round of testing ;)

I cannot escape the QFT in the post just below
Last edited by zach on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:52 pm

zanzer7 wrote:The day you travel back in time and apply when the rest of us did. Or in the next text phase, whichever comes first.

Shhh! NDA!!!

People are not supposed to know that Multiwinia will be text based :P
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:28 pm

zOMG leaked footage!

Code: Select all

> deploy unit
I'm sorry, what?
> deploy officer
You deploy an officer.
A hundred billion shots fly in the officer's general direction. It doesn't end well.
> deploy officer
You're not big on pattern recognition, are you?
>

edit: My apologies, turns out that was just footage from an old Darwinia alpha.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Who says he/she is American?

Could just be a Brit that has learned the right way to list a date. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Pavlus
level0

Postby Pavlus » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
Pavlus wrote:Signed on 3/28/2008.... When I'll be accepted ?? :roll:

Perhaps the day you Americans learn how to write down dates properly. :wink:

Jelco

(hehe... I'm not an american. I just copypasted this date to my post for "americans" that don't understand normal date format: dd.mm.yyyy :D )

So... How do we receive some stuff to test ? I can run it on 3 computers with defferent hardware :twisted:
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 pm

[well-meant elaboration]
I am going to go out on a limb here and quote Chris on something I'm fairly sure I have done before.

Chris, on 5th March, wrote:We will start the process soon with a small number (around 50) of testers running a non-playable "Hardware Test" build.

Pavlus, how well do you think you understood that part of the news post?

It is a closed beta, so if you applied now, it is not a question of how you get 'some stuff' to test - but a question of when ... or much more likely, if.

Also, having only two posts (both in this thread, even) does not exactly send a signal of loyalty, ableness or even enthusiasm, not to mention you joined little more than a week ago. Writing in larger letters won't help this, either - rather quite the contrary.

Of course, there is the odd chance that you might actually be accepted into the closed beta - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the meantime, please keep entertaining the rest of us :roll:
[/well-meant elaboration]

In case you didn't just register to apply for the beta, though, I bid you welcome to the Introversion Community, and hope you will have a nice stay. Feel very free to roam around and ask whatever questions you want - if possible, please stick to replying to existing topics instead of creating new ones, though.

You are also welcome to join many of us on IRC:
irc.uplinkcorp.net (#uplink)

Just don't expect to be put in front of veterans or renowned members when it comes to closed beta testing, not until you are such a member yourself :)
Xiuying
level0

Postby Xiuying » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm

zanzer7 wrote:[well-meant elaboration]
I am going to go out on a limb here and quote Chris on something I'm fairly sure I have done before.

Chris, on 5th March, wrote:We will start the process soon with a small number (around 50) of testers running a non-playable "Hardware Test" build.

Pavlus, how well do you think you understood that part of the news post?

It is a closed beta, so if you applied now, it is not a question of how you get 'some stuff' to test - but a question of when ... or much more likely, if.

Also, having only two posts (both in this thread, even) does not exactly send a signal of loyalty, ableness or even enthusiasm, not to mention you joined little more than a week ago. Writing in larger letters won't help this, either - rather quite the contrary.

Of course, there is the odd chance that you might actually be accepted into the closed beta - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the meantime, please keep entertaining the rest of us :roll:
[/well-meant elaboration]

In case you didn't just register to apply for the beta, though, I bid you welcome to the Introversion Community, and hope you will have a nice stay. Feel very free to roam around and ask whatever questions you want - if possible, please stick to replying to existing topics instead of creating new ones, though.

You are also welcome to join many of us on IRC:
irc.uplinkcorp.net (#uplink)

Just don't expect to be put in front of veterans or renowned members when it comes to closed beta testing, not until you are such a member yourself :)

sorry if i sound mean or anything in this reply but eh xD

Anyway Having post counts doesnt mean you are all of that you know.. (just saying)...Ive been playing uplink since the first month it was out but sadly with school, work, moving, internet trouble i haven't been on here in ages but i have been playing the game still and when i did have a chance to get on i would download some mods and have fun ^_^.... Anyway i think "Veterans" and people that just joined have the same chance of getting into the closed Beta as everyone else.... Just because its there first time on the forums doesnt mean they arent in love with the game =P

Also this is my new account since my other one got deleted for inactivity.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Accounts get deleted for inactivity? I didn't think Introversion did that.

Return to “Introversion News”