Culex wrote:I don't want to push the thread, but, you have said, you can't understand why people do this.
Here are three possiblities why:
1. The parents are against (such) games and don't permit buy.
2. In germany nobody wants to pay for something. It's in their heads.
3. The person needs every cent for something more important, like a car.
Only to say.
I don't pirate IV games, only play the demo. REST REMOVED
Those are all horrible reasons. I'll vent on them based upon thier assigned number.
1. Here's an idea, if your parents won't allow you to buy the game then you shouldn't be playing it. So long as you live under their roof you are under their rules, and they have a right to control the media content coming into their home.
2. That is a load of nonsense. I'm pretty sure that if I were to wander into a Levi's store in Berlin and wander out with a pair of jeans that I owuld quickly find that there are a very large number of people who disagree with your remark.
3. This is the worst excuse of all of them. "I only stole it becuase I didn't want to pay for it." No kidding, and here I was thinking that they stole it becuse they wanted to pay for it. It reminds me of teh argument Homer Simpson once used, "Let me set the record straight, I thought
that the cop was a prostitute.
This argument also assigns arbitrary values to property, while ignoring the economics behind it. Let's say the person wants a car, so they think that it is better to steal from a company with nine employees then from one with tens (perhaps hundreds) of thousands? Which company, and be extension individual, will feel the greater loss?
Really, the only person who would actually use any of those arguments is nothing more then a pathetic, petty thief. This combined with thier flagrant disregard for others warrents, in my book, a horse whipping.