Come and Work for us!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:17 pm

jackbnymbl wrote:I'd just like to point out that many newer PPC's have nearly really-old-desktop-class processors (NotVeryManymhz), A LOT more RAM than other portable devices (usually AFew+ MB, as opposed to the DS's 4MB), VGA screens, and a few even graphics accelorator chips with dedicated video memory.

Fixed. Then again, with simplified graphics, it may still work. I don't know how much processing power the AI requires, however.

wwarnick
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 am

Have you guys found anyone yet?
ZakGordon
level0

Postby ZakGordon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:05 am

This might be a good idea, as would looking at Xbox's XNA stuff. Well in terms of getting the games onto wider platforms. Still I know the terms of XNA are very much in MS favour(rather than the developer), and I suspect Nintendo's Wii will be much the same. I've looked at XNA as a possible place to release games, but decided I'd leave it as a last resort, for if it just became impossible to make a living of the normal indie route of PC/MAC development.

The idea of Introversion getting their games(like Darwinia/Defcon) onto a handhold or console does seem like it's worth a punt, the danger being it could become so successful that it could lead to the dreaded 'console orientated' development that has swallowed many other developers(looking at you bethesda!), and had a negative effect on their products in some ways.

Oh and I second "has this post been filled yet?"
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:11 am

Yes it has, was announced in this section of the forum.

elDiablo got the position.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
MrDictionary
level2
level2

Postby MrDictionary » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:18 am

Y'know, I should really be paying more attention... O_o
Unofficial official Introversion Devil's Advocate.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:48 am

Rkiver wrote:Yes it has, was announced in this section of the forum.

elDiablo got the position.

Yes but there is now another position open
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:13 am

Indeed there is, but as I am sure you are literate you can see the differences in dates between when the new one was posted, as a completely seperate topic, and when I made my comment that you quote.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:19 am

Rkiver wrote:Indeed there is, but as I am sure you are literate you can see the differences in dates between when the new one was posted, as a completely seperate topic, and when I made my comment that you quote.

Lol, how very true you are on all accounts...i did check the date first but couldnt remember the exact date the new anouncement was made and couldn't be bothered to go check (i.e. lazy) and took a chance...i figured it was close enough and if anything else it would benefit the people asking you if there was a position still open :) rather than trying to correct you in anyway :wink: (because as i am literate i know when you posted that, the original position had gone).
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:23 am

Defcon on the WII! pl0x

i don't own a console btw, well i still got a dreamcast if that counts.

wow could you imagen DS Defcon. over wi-fi with wii ect.

Return to “Introversion News”