DEFCON nominated for Choice Awards

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

DEFCON nominated for Choice Awards

Postby vic » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm

There was a diplomatic consensus within IV towers that we wouldn't nominate ourselves for anything at the IGF awards after last years successes. We felt it was time to pass on the limelight to another deserving developer and in recognition of everything that these awards have done for us, Tom and Mark will be presenting this year's Grand Prize at the ceremony in March.

Despite this, we're delighted to hear that DEFCON has been nominated in the Audio Category at the Choice Awards, also held at GDC, which aim to celebrate the best videogame contributions over the past year. It's wonderful that Alistair and Michael's hard work is receiving the attention it so thoroughly deserves. For full info check out the press statement issued by the International Game Developer Association: http://www.igda.org/newsroom/press_020607.php

For more info on this year's GDC and Introversion's involvement check out the blog - updates will shortly ensue!
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Wow, you guys really get a lot of awards and nominations! IV will RULE THE WORLD!!!

Yay! First post 8)
mibias
level5
level5

Postby mibias » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:25 pm

What he said ^
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:35 pm

not what he said ^ but what ^^ said :)

The sound and music for Defcon and Darwinia are a refreshing breeze when it comes to games, very atmospheric. Play the Defcon soundtrack whislt driving a dense fog/mist, adds atmosphere to the journey :)

Anyway Congrats on the nomination and the presenting :)
smull
level1
level1

Postby smull » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:59 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:nPlay the Defcon soundtrack whislt driving a dense fog/mist, adds atmosphere to the journey :)
Have to try that next time i'm out biking, though there is never fog in winter time here :? Congrats to Introversion :D
Last edited by smull on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:28 pm

smull wrote:
desktopsimmer wrote:nPlay the Defcon soundtrack whislt driving a dense fog/mist, adds atmosphere to the journey :)
Have to try that next time i'm out biking, thought there is never fog in winter time here :? Congrats to Introversion :D

I have found that, for me, it is not the best biking music. I like something with a bit more of a beat to it. The Defcon music, while very good at what it is, is not workout music. The music from Darwinia, on the other hand, is perfect for a short ride.

xander
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:10 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:not what he said ^ but what ^^ said :)

The sound and music for Defcon and Darwinia are a refreshing breeze when it comes to games, very atmospheric. Play the Defcon soundtrack whislt driving a dense fog/mist, adds atmosphere to the journey :)

Anyway Congrats on the nomination and the presenting :)

My parents hate the Defcon music. Come to think of it, the hate everything that has to do with games. :(

elyea

Return to “Introversion News”