DEFCON launches, everything explodes

The forum with all your Introversion News!
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 pm

Discovered Darwina a couple of months ago on Amazon. I ummed and erred about getting Uplink. Last week I was one of those "many customers choosing to buy pretty much everything we sell in a single transaction" (to quote Chris) as I purchased Defcon, Uplink and the Darwinia Soundtrack in one moment of genius. Had I known about the launch party, I would of donned my flight overalls and paid you a visit, with a polysterene MIRV Nuke :)
davejk
level1
level1

Postby davejk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:28 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:Last week I was one of those "many customers choosing to buy pretty much everything we sell in a single transaction" (to quote Chris)

Heh, I bought Uplink, both Darwinia posters and the soundtrack at once. And of course Defcon. (I already had Darwinia, but not the box, so I might buy that soon.)
Garpu
level1
level1

Postby Garpu » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 am

Congrats on the launch! And can we safely assume that Introversion has a new ISP? :) I should remember that next time I"ve got a support call--dismantle their machine when they're the busiest.
davejk
level1
level1

Postby davejk » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:40 am

Now wait just one minute...

What are you guys up to with the Darwinia posters? There wasn't a test site login there when I bought them :wink: and if you're planning a replacement I'll need to make even more room on my walls :x
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:20 pm

Well, I know what Chris means when he said everything exploded. I lost SSH to the forums box (which has the websites on it too) at about 5PM GMT, easaly.

SSH is one of the last things to die on this box, at just before it did I clocked the load at a shocking 95.44

It's great to see Defcon sell well. Hopefully future games from IV will sell even better :D

Oh, and Chris, where do I send the plaque with the inscription of 'I doubt we will see more than one hundred servers at any given time'; a quote that was said in the alpha/beta forums reguarding the way that Defcon lists the servers? :)

NeoThermic
TheSquire
level3
level3

Postby TheSquire » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:49 pm

xander wrote:
TheSquire wrote:Sounds like Mac Defcon will be developed inhouse. So there might be hope I won't have to buy it separately after all....

No. ASW have already confirmed that they are publishing Defcon.

xander

I know they will publish it, but not code it. So maybe they will just sell the version and leave the key system in place without putting their own stupid key system.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm

TheSquire wrote:
xander wrote:
TheSquire wrote:Sounds like Mac Defcon will be developed inhouse. So there might be hope I won't have to buy it separately after all....

No. ASW have already confirmed that they are publishing Defcon.

xander

I know they will publish it, but not code it. So maybe they will just sell the version and leave the key system in place without putting their own stupid key system.

That is certainly a possibility, and one that I stongly desire, but it seems unlikely. Also, ASW seems to be somewhat heavily involved in the beta process -- there has been talk on the ASW forums about alpha/beta copies running around on their machines, and a beta search run through ASW.

xander
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:05 pm

Ok, well the release party was great fun. Defcon, Wargames, free drink, cake, free Defcon fun packs, and foamwinians also. I even got one of those nifty metal business cards.

Aoife had a blast, and Introversion made her feel very welcome at their release party, hence the cake, as it was also her birthday. Each member of Introversion actually remembered me (as in my apperance, they know me on here), and I got to have a good chat with all of them, and to thank them for a few things they have done in recent memory to help me out.

Despite Dave2's absence, goatse was everywhere.........
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mattitude
level1
level1

Postby Mattitude » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:46 am

I also bought a few things at once (already got Darwinia through) - well, I couldn't resist :D

I'm also interested in what the official sales figures are at - and also... exactly how many terabytes?
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:56 am

I threw up. Lots.

Good party :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:17 pm

Darksun wrote:I threw up. Lots.

The quality of a party is determined by the volume of vomit it produces? Hrm... an interesting definition...

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:18 pm

xander wrote:
Darksun wrote:I threw up. Lots.

The quality of a party is determined by the volume of vomit it produces? Hrm... an interesting definition...

xander
Industry standard.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:36 pm

wow so much had changed in this forum. considering i've been away for a long time in this forum (doing navy stuff defending freedom so we could play INTROVERSION home brew games 8) ).

i can't wait to get this game.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:57 pm

Khemikal wrote:I also bought a few things at once (already got Darwinia through) - well, I couldn't resist :D

I'm also interested in what the official sales figures are at - and also... exactly how many terabytes?

1TB (Terabytes) = 1024GB (Gigabytes)
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:33 am

Montyphy wrote:
Khemikal wrote:I also bought a few things at once (already got Darwinia through) - well, I couldn't resist :D

1TB (Terabytes) = 1024GB (Gigabytes)

I believe the question was 'how many terabytes?', and not 'what is a terabyte?'. ;D

Return to “Introversion News”