German Speakers: Please help us test the German version!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

German Speakers: Please help us test the German version!

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:26 pm

Hello,

We've prepared a new patch for testing which includes the German language translation. As I already explained in a previous news story, we need your help to test this translation and make sure it all makes sense. If you speak German please download the patch and try it out.

To select you language, bring up the 'Main Menu' in game, go to 'Options', then 'Other Options'. In there you'll find a drop-down for the language.

Download the patch here.

Please post all bug reports in our new Forum channel titled "Language Issues".

The version number is 1.41 (beta1). You might be wondering why we jumped from our previous patch version of 1.3 all the way to 1.41. The simple answer is that v1.4 includes all the Steam changes, and is due for release over Steam on 14th December.
madman2k
level1
level1

Postby madman2k » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:35 pm

Code: Select all

dialog_realtimeeffects      Echtzeit-Effekte
dialog_waterdetail          Wasserdetails
dialog_buildingdetail       Gebäudedetails
dialog_entitydetail         Einheitendetails
dialog_refreshrate          Bildwiederholfrequenz
dialog_windowed             Fenster //I would ask for fullscreen(Vollbild)
location_pattern_buffer     Pattern-Puffer //dont translate technical words
*_darwinian                 Darwinier
trin
level1
level1

Postby trin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:11 pm

Moved most of my text to the "Translation Issues" forum. See:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... php?t=2729

madman2k wrote:

Code: Select all

location_pattern_buffer     Pattern-Puffer //dont translate technical words

Actually I think the translation "Muster-Puffer" is ok. Wouldn't complain about that.

research_armour Ich werde mal das Panzer-Programm unter die Lupe nehmen. Ich denke, ich kann die Kapazität verbessern und wahrscheinlich auch die Reichweite der Kanone.

newcontrols_create_armour Neuen Panzerwagen erstellen

Consistency error. Either use "Panzer" or "Panzerwagen". I would be prefer "Panzer", but it depends if its more a "tank" or more an "armoured transport".

tank = Panzer
armoured vehicle = Panzerwagen
armoured personnel carrier, mechanised infantry combat vehicle = Schützenpanzer

--------------

In general:

Translation of "Darwinians"
i don't know but "Darwiner" sounds strange, I would prefer "Darwianer", but this is a matter of personal preferences I guess.

Translation of "Squad"
You can use the word "Trupp", but it doesn't sound very military. Other options would be "Kampfeinheit", "Kommandoeinheit" or use the english word "Squad".

Translation of "Spirits"
"spirit" should be translated with "Seele" (soul). The german word "Geist" means "Ghost".

Do not capatilize "du", "dich" or "deiner" (you, yours), unless you are using the imperative.

Lots of this stuff is hard to translate, because words like Update, Upgrade, Port, Spawn, Frag are usually not translated because they are computer-jargon.

well, we will see what other germans think of it.
madman2k
level1
level1

Postby madman2k » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:51 pm

trin wrote:tank = Panzer
armoured vehicle = Panzerwagen
armoured personnel carrier, mechanised infantry combat vehicle = Schützenpanzer

yes, Panzer fits best, but the vehicle is not really a tank - so perhaps we should just call this kind of vehicle "Armour" and keep it untranslated...

perhaps same should be done with Squad although you cpuld transate it.
But on the other hand english is the language you use if it comes to computer related things - so perhaps you should not translate too much to keep the spirit...

trin wrote:Translation of "Darwinians"
i don't know but "Darwiner" sounds strange, I would prefer "Darwianer", but this is a matter of personal preferences I guess.

Darwiner seems strange to me too - I translated it as "Darwinier", but "Darwianer" sound more correct...
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Any crashbugs - text not fitting on-screen?

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 pm

Guys,

thanks for all your support :-)

Has anyone played the game through - did you find any crashbugs, or any places where the text fell off the edge of the screen?

Cheers,

Tom.
trin
level1
level1

Re: Any crashbugs - text not fitting on-screen?

Postby trin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:22 pm

Tom wrote:Guys,

thanks for all your support :-)

Has anyone played the game through - did you find any crashbugs, or any places where the text fell off the edge of the screen?

Cheers,

Tom.

nope, just looked at the text file :(

btw.: there are probably a lot more mistakes and errors than I listed.
Josh mc
level3
level3
Location: :noitacoL . .///////|\\\\\\\ . . . . . . |..---...,...---..| . |........|........| . |...\__.__/...|

Postby Josh mc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Christmas mode? What is this Christmas mode? WE MUST BE TOLD!
Darwinia Ecsplo.[url=http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com/profile.php?josh_mc]It's Damp.[url]
ttm
level2
level2

Postby ttm » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:16 pm

Set your computer's clock to 25th December. All the terrain in the game goes blue (not sure on that one), it snows on every level and every few Darinians wear a Santa hat
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:47 pm

Josh mc wrote:Christmas mode? What is this Christmas mode? WE MUST BE TOLD!

(Please note: This image links to the FULL SIZED image, which is about 5 times larger than a normal image, and is huge (something like 5MB))

NeoThermic
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:00 am

Ok, btt: I just finished the game and then joined the forum. As I'm from Germany, I'll play the game through once more with the german patch and post every mistakes i can find. And here we go:

Garden:
"Wer in Teufels Namen bist du?" No one would say that... better make it: "Wer zum Teufel bist du?"
"Doch bevor wir etwas unternehmen, bis wir diesen Ort verlassen." I even wondered what you meant with this sentence :-P, but I think it would have to be: "Doch bevor wir etwas unternehmen, müssen wir diesen Ort verlassen."

Containment:
"...Jahre verbracht, sie hochzuziehen..." better make it "aufzuziehen", cause "hochziehen" means "to pull up"

Mine:
"Bergbauwerk" is nearly correct, but simply "Bergwerk" would be better.
I even wondered in the english version, what you meant with "primitives"... perhaps some word I don't know? :-( In german however I'd say "Bausteine"

General:
"Radarschirm" means radar screen... "Radarschüssel" would be a more accurate name for the building.
When Dr. S. explains the Trunk-Ports, he says "Sternentor". If you are alluding to the Emmerich film, in germany we still call it "Stargate".
In the control options, the bottom button "Standardvorgaben wiederherstellen" is far too small for this long phrase. Just make it "Standard".
When Dr.S. gives you his advice-msgs, he says "Um eine bestehende Task erneut auszuwählen..." Well, Task is Computer-Jargon... but in german the word "task" is masculine, so it would have to be: "Um einen bestehenden Task..."

I'll edit this post again, when I found any further "language glitches";-)
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
micks
level1
level1

Postby micks » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:49 am

VoiD88 wrote:"Doch bevor wir etwas unternehmen, bis wir diesen Ort verlassen." I even wondered what you meant with this sentence :-P, but I think it would have to be: "Doch bevor wir etwas unternehmen, müssen wir diesen Ort verlassen."

Yeah, the original is something like "But before we sort this out, we''l have to get out of this location", so your version is entirely correct.
Gumba
level0

Postby Gumba » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:44 pm

madman2k wrote:
trin wrote:Translation of "Darwinians"

Darwiner seems strange to me too - I translated it as "Darwinier", but "Darwianer" sound more correct...

How about a combination of the two: "Darwinianer"
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:15 pm

Yeah, "Darwinianer" sounds best and is closest to the original.

Return to “Introversion News”