Store now offering fully downloadable Uplink and Darwinia

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Store now offering fully downloadable Uplink and Darwinia

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:56 pm

We managed to finally flog our php beast into offering downloadable copies of Uplink and Darwinia to customers who have purchased them in the new store ( http://store.introversion.co.uk ).

This we hope will help Vic's tireless schmoozing of magazines and websites, yielding some decent sales.

Incidentally this coincided rather fortunately with a stock shortage and our shipping man, Will, falling ill - if you've placed an order please bear with us - we'll resume physical shipping soon - in the mean time you can of course now download a copy of the game you've just bought : -)

Oh and in case you didn't know - the store can now also take payment in Euros and US Dollars at localised prices of 29.99 EUR, and 29.99 USD for Uplink and Darwinia respectively.

Cheers Tom

PS. Thanks to everyone who has let us know of any ordering problems with the store - we're ironing out the bugs at an increasing rate of knots, so please if you happen to encounter any problems, do let us know…

PPS. We've got a isp problem with some of our servers - they're being moved over to a new datacentre shortly. In the mean time if the site appears down, just keep trying - it doesn't usually lose the connection for long.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:00 am

Excellent, now all those people I told need to buy Darwinia have no excuse not to!

<calls everyone to badger them>

Of course, it probably won't change anything. Except that they have no excuses anymore. Heh. :/
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:03 am

Yay! I hope this increases sales... you guys deserve to be selling like crazy. Incidentally, who was indecent?

xander
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:05 am

YAY, now everyone go download!
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:15 am

Correction: PAY and download :P
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:13 am

Getting warmmmm :)
What was the Introversion IP again?

HMMMMM! 29,90$ for Darwinia...... nice price but not today :(
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:11 am

Now I might be able to get a few more people to buy it! 'gratz IV!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:18 pm

Dr4goN wrote:Getting warmmmm :)
What was the Introversion IP again?

HMMMMM! 29,90$ for Darwinia...... nice price but not today :(

I am sorry to be rude about this, but it is beginning to bother me. You spend a lot of time on these forums, and make comments about the game, both positive and negative. You have complained that some things don't work, and you expect them to be fixed. Yet, you have, to this point, refused to actually BUY the game. If you were to steal a car, do you think that you would be justified in going to the dealer and asking for warrenty repair? Do you think that groups of people that gather around that type of car would want to have you in that group?

I am certain that I don't speak for everyone here, but for myself, I find it offensive that make jokes about this kind of thing. IV have put out a great game, but have stated that it is not selling all that well, and that there is chance that IV will fold. You then have the odacity to make yourself a prominent member of these forums (in the sense that post count == prominence), and freely admit that you have not paid for the game. In a sense, you are actively encouraging others to pirate the game. "Look, Dr4goN, who posts a lot doens't have to pay for it, why should I?" I find this worse than someone who pirates the game, but does not feel the need to share this view on these boards. Pardon the invective, but put up or shut up. You are beginning to annoy me.

xander
nephilim
level0

Postby nephilim » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 am

Ah well... I asked about this just last week (http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=2507) , the answer was the usual "soon" (which had been the answer for while) so I bought it on ebay for 12.99 and had it sent to me in Thailand. I'd happily have waited and let the developers get the benefit of my $$$ had I know the answer was next week.

Excellent game though and, I have to say, really nice NOT to see any need-cd-in-drive protection and suchlike.

keep it up guys

N.
--
thailand.blogs.com
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:35 pm

xander wrote:I am certain that I don't speak for everyone here, but for myself, I find it offensive that make jokes about this kind of thing.

Hear hear.

And you don't speak for everyone here. This is what I find the most offensive here: he doesn't seem to care.

Take a look at http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... 4545#24545 for a moment.

Chris wrote:The reality is that Introversion won't be here this time next year, because sales of Darwinia are terribly low.

This is because people like dr4gon claim to like the game. But apparently not enough to actually buy it. Really nice. And they even gave him a position in the new betas, and still he can't spare a few bucks to actually buy the damn game.

Look, I'm no saint, I warezed Uplink before... I'll openly admit that. But the moment I saw that it was something I enjoyed, I bought it. I didn't buy just one. I bought FIFTEEN COPIES; for me and every friend I had at the time.

I did this because Uplink, to me, was a great game worth my money. Darwinia is the same. If I had a cent to spare, I would. But I don't. I can't even get my money out of PayPal, because I need a credit or debit card.

I can't see how not being able to help can bother me, when it doesn't even bother him to steal a great game like this.

You (xander) are absolutely right; saying that you pirated a game is worse than not being honest about it. It also shows that dr4gon really doesn't care.

But again, that's me.

</rant></rave>
FinnG
level3
level3

Postby FinnG » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:01 pm

I agree 100 percent.
Finn
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:32 pm

nephilim wrote:Ah well... I asked about this just last week (http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=2507) , the answer was the usual "soon" (which had been the answer for while) so I bought it on ebay for 12.99 and had it sent to me in Thailand. I'd happily have waited and let the developers get the benefit of my $$$ had I know the answer was next week.

Excellent game though and, I have to say, really nice NOT to see any need-cd-in-drive protection and suchlike.

keep it up guys

N.

If you want the developers to benefit from your money, you could still buy the soundtrack, or a poster. You saved almost $20, why not spread the love a bit, and buy some swag from IV?

xander
Sand of Norway
level0

Supporting small developers are important deluxe!!!

Postby Sand of Norway » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:58 pm

Hey, all!

Hows life both inside and outside the box? I hope all is on the green...

Just wanted to say that i agree to the thingy about supporting and BUYING stuff as the only way to keep small but important developers like Introversion Software alive...

So i just bought Darwinia, Darwinia Music, Darwinia Poster 1 and 2. I played the demo a while ago, and decided then that Darwinia is a must have.. Im buying Uplink next time im around the site, im gonna buy some more copies of Darwinia too, the game is not only excellent as a game, but also excellent as a gift to other gamers that has the ability to find pleasure in games that not necesseraly had a budget of 50 million dollars and then some...

Yeah, Dr4goN should buy one single copy of Darwinia... Or 10 just for the good spirit of it... :wink: I guess some people has less "respect" for games that are under 30mb and not published by EA or Blizzard, and they steal it from the net instead of supporting a small company trough buying the product. The thing about beeing able to download the game directly after you have payed is also cool.. The days it takes with the post is no longer a argument to NOT pay for Darwinia, i say.. The stupid argument that a too high (normal) priced new game forces people to steal the game just wont cut it here.. 60 dollars and you have all the Darwinia-stuff you want plus a truly unique and cool game..

Keep it up, Introversion! :D

Peace!

Sand 8)
- theese boots are made for stalking -

(I wanna play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. now, not next year!)
madman2k
level1
level1

Postby madman2k » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 pm

yeah I actually only bought Darwinia becouse I wanted to support such creativity and becouse I knew IV would get all the money.
Therfore I was not disappointed when the lowerd the price two days after I have ordered it.
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:49 am

OR lower down the price to £9.99 and look what would happen.

Return to “Introversion News”