Store now offering fully downloadable Uplink and Darwinia

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Flish
level0

Postby Flish » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:13 pm

Prophile wrote:You think I'd want to spend the rest of my life with one of Dr4g0n's kidneys? No-thank-you.

Haven't you ever heard of not blaming the kidney for the sins of the father?

(My God, my puns get worse by the second! :wink: )
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:24 pm

Go, Flish!Far, far away!

xander
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:14 am

TinFoil wrote:Then he'll become a soul and float up to our own central repository.

WRONG! I will float DOWN, to my Warez Respository(ahhhhh.... delicious, yes, yes! :))
Ian Wood
level1
level1

Postby Ian Wood » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:12 am

Dr4goN - if you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!
TinFoil
level2
level2

Postby TinFoil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:48 pm

It's not floating, per se (is that right? i dunno how to use it. tying to look smart :x)

It's really sinking. If you sink down to to your warez repository, I, a former torrent mad warezer (not to worry, i didn't warez Darwinia - got it as a gift) probably knows where you got Darwinia.

On TPB (former piraters should know. there's relatively nice people there) numerous commenters said on the torrent:
do you know how hard this develpoer hav had to get this game a publisher in the first place??? do them a favor and support small undependent game developers by buying the game instead.... i mean plz, there is a limit to what you can download whith a good conscience...
Enjoying it so much I've bought it.

"There is no den in the wide world to hide a rogue. Commit a crime and the earth is made of glass. Commit a crime, and it seems as if a coat of snow fell on the ground, such as reveals in the woods the track of every partridge, and fox, and squirrel."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
[Insert Sig Here]
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 pm

Ian Wood wrote:Dr4goN - if you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!

:+ I will dig deeeeeeeeep hole in my ground, young one.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:11 pm

Then the tiny, if existant respect you have here shall bottom out.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:16 pm

Dr4g0n, you really don't have the brains to fill an eggcup. Go and rot in a corner somewhere, rid us of your stupidity.

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

If I ever see you round here again, I'll track your IP address, send in the bouncers and have them tear your fingernails out and then rub salt on the bleeding flesh.

You're an idiot.

A moron of the highest order. You're so stupid it's a wonder you can remember to breath. Intelligent ideas bounce off your head as if it were coated with teflon. Creative thoughts take alternate transportation in order to avoid even being in the same state as you. If you had an original thought it would die of loneliness before the hour was out.

On an intelligence scale of 1 to 10 (10 corresponding to the highest attainable IQ) you're rating is so far into negative numbers that one would need to travel into another quantum reality in order to even catch a distant glimpse of it. Your personality is that of a rabid Chihuahua intent on destroying its own tail. Your powers of observation are like that of the bird who keeps slamming into the picture window trying to get that other bird it keeps seeing. You are walking, talking proof that you don't have to be sentient to survive, and that Barnum was thinking of you when he uttered his immortal phrase regarding the birth of a sucker. You are, at varying times, tedious, boring, earth shatteringly hilarious in your idiocy, childish, moronic, pathetic, wretched, disgusting and pitiful.

You are wholly without any redeeming social grace or value. If God ever decides to give the planet an enema you'd better run like the wind because anywhere you stand is a suitable place for The Insertion. There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche. To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest parasitic species.

You are worse than vermin, for vermin do not pretend to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage. You are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. You are of less worth than a burnt-out light bulb. You will forever live in shame. You have nothing to say, and Godwin's Law does not apply when writing about you.

You are the anti-Midas, for all that you touch becomes valueless and unusable. Mothers gather their children close when you appear. You are an aberration, a corruption, a boil that needs to be lanced. You are a poison in need of being vomited. You are a tooth so rotten it infects the whole body. You are sperm that should have been captured in a condom and flushed down a toilet. I don't like you. I don't like anybody who has as little respect for others as you do. Go away, you swine.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. Meaningful to no one, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. You are a waste of flesh.

You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease. You puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a halfwit. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, study, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self- destructive, abusive, and socially-retarded.
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:34 pm

Holy shit! Someone worse than me!
Luigi for mod in 2006!
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:50 pm

Code: Select all

STANDARD IDIOT REPLY FORM

To: Dr4g0n
Date: 9/10/05

[x]Cannot read
[ ]Are quadriplegic
[X]Have fewer than 5 brain cells
[X]Cannot count to 5
[X]Have a stick up your ass
[ ]Want a stick up your ass
[X]Sniff glue
[X]Suffer from Dumbass Arrogant Ignorance Disease
[ ]All of the above
[X]Most of the above, excluding all of the above

Please simply refrain from posting -- ever again. Thank you for your time.

You are a(n): (check all that apply)
[X] Clueless N00b
[X] Lamer
[X] Flamer
[X] Loser
[X] Spammer
[X] Troll
[X] Really annoying person
[X] Warez Monkey
[ ] Me too'er
[ ] Psychopath
[ ] Pervert
[X] Freak
[X] Nerd
[ ] Racist
[ ] Rules Lawyer
[X] Fanatic
[ ] Satanist
[X] Satanic Monkey
[X] Twit
[X] Nazi
[ ] Commie
[ ] Bully
[ ] Metrosexual
[X] Waste of Skin
[ ] Crybaby
[ ] Bitchin' loser
[ ] Bitchin' idiot
[ ] Bitchin' bitch
[X] Attention whore
[X] Glue sniffer
[X] "Expert"
[ ] Unbearably self-righteous person
[X] Rabid chipmunk
[ ] Raelian
[ ] Oscar Meyer Weiner
[ ] Giant Monkey
[ ] Communist Chipmunk
[ ] Stormfront.org'er
[ ] DU'er
[ ] Che-Lives'er
[ ] SFD'er
[ ] Clone of Gilbert Godfrey
[X] Person who obviously cannot type, but has been trained to respond to certain characters

displayed on a monitor

Your post was: (check all that apply)
[ ] A flame
[X] A waste of bandwidth
[X] Lame
[X] Stupid
[X] Abusive
[X] Clueless
[X] Idiotic
[X] Arrogant
[X] Malevolent
[X] Contemptible
[ ] Libelous
[X] Ignorant
[X] Fanatical
[X] Boring
[X] Dim
[X] Snooty
[X] Ill-mannered
[ ] Crude
[ ] Lewd
[ ] Uncouth
[X] N00bish
[ ] Cowardly
[ ] Deceitful
[ ] Demented
[X] Self-righteous
[X] Crazy
[ ] Weird
[X] Hypocritical
[ ] Loathsome
[ ] Satanic
[X] Despicable
[ ] Belligerent
[X] Mind-numbing
[X] Maladroit
[ ] Threatening
[X] A curse-filled tirade
[X] Bullshit
[ ] A conspiracy theory which holds less water than a thimble
[ ] A rant about how conservatives are fascist
[X] A post which hurt my brain to read
[ ] A post which is composed of binary
[ ] A post composed completely of hex
[X] More bullshit
[ ] Much longer than any thought of which you are capable

Your attention is drawn to the fact that: (check all that apply)
[ ] You posted what should have been e-mailed or private-messaged
[ ] You self-righteously impose your racial beliefs on others
[ ] You self-righteously impose your political beliefs on others
[X] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You flamed the Protest Warrior Standardized Idiot Reply Form
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice
[X] What you posted has been done before ten million times
[X] Not only that, but it was also done better the last time
[ ] You bumped an aged topic which should not have been
[X] You obviously don't know anything about the topic at hand
[ ] You started a long, stupid thread
[X] You continued spreading a long, stupid thread
[ ] You bent your Wookiee and then showed us
[ ] You threatened to bend other people's Wookiees
[X] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You posted low-IQ trolley
[X] You posted a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You said "me too" to something
[X] You made no sense
[ ] You blamed the world's problems on the Jews
[ ] You posted in another language
[ ] You should have posted in another language
[ ] You said that I suck
[ ] You said that one of my forum friends sucks
[ ] You are a teenage mutant ninja turtle
[ ] You are Ghyslain -- the Star Wars kid
[X] You wish you actually were Ghyslain -- the Star Wars kid
[ ] You said that missiles crashed into the World Trade Center
[ ] You wish you were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
[X] You have the intelligence of an Oscar Meyer Weiner
[X] You wish you had a wiener
[X] You must have spent your life in a cardboard box to be this clueless
[ ] You posted in t3h 7331z0rz to look k00wL
[ ] You posted a message in ALL CAPS
[X] You have greatly misunderstood the purpose of the Internet
[X] You are a loser
[X] You are a freaking loser, or, a fre-loser
[ ] You wanted to spank the monkey
[ ] You did spank the monkey
[X] This has been pointed out to you before
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally worthless that you are

being flamed on general principles

It is recommended that you: (check all that apply)
[X] Get a clue
[X] Get a life
[X] Go away
[X] Grow up
[X] Never post again
[X] Have your medicine adjusted, if you don't have medicine, get some.
[X] Find a rope and hang yourself
OR
[X] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
OR
[X] Find a volcano and throw yourself in
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the Stickies
[X] Lay off the glue sniffing
[X] Consume excrement
[X] Consume excrement and thus expire
[X] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea of what you are doing

In closing, I'd like to say: (check all that apply)
[X] You need to seek psychiatric help
[X] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[ ] *plonk*
[ ] You need booze!
[ ] *boink*
[X] I hate you
[X] Your parents hate you
[X] My neighbor hates you
[X] My neighbor's pet hates you
[ ] I bent my Wookie!
[X] Most of the above
[ ] All of the above
[ ] Some of the above, not including All of the above
[ ] You are so clueless that I didn't even bother filling in this form
[x] You are so clueless that I wish I hadn't filled in this form.
[x] You should find a time machine, go back to the date of your birth, and kill yourself.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
Rowedekhelicon
level1
level1

Postby Rowedekhelicon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:42 am

How can IV afford to allow the game to be downloaded sans copy protection when their sales are as meager as they claim? I would like very much to see the company survive (and prosper) if only as a symbol of freedom and brilliance in this axe-grinding, conveyor belted, money raking Industry (capital I). IV have shown us a tremendous amount of trust and respect in this decision, but we, the gaming public, cannot be trusted! Too many of us are selfish, greedy children who are unconcerned with the harm we cause. While I was extremely pleased to be able to play my newly purchased game immediately, for IV's sake, I'm baffled by the decision to forgo any type of copy protection system.
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:47 am

Basically, because copy protection just pisses people off and gets cracked almost instantly. The one copy protection system that kinda works is Starforce, but that is EVIL - it installs a driver. IV didn't want to piss their customers off. They were prepared for the flood of warez, but to be honest I bet that would've happened anyway, even if it was delayed slightly.

In addition, there's no copy protection for Linux - UT2004 and Doom 3 lacked copy protection in their Linux versions - offering a loophole even if there was uncracked copy protection :P .
Don't think about The Game.
Rowedekhelicon
level1
level1

Postby Rowedekhelicon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:18 pm

True enough, but even still I should think that weak protection is better than none at all (even with a Linux backdoor). I mean as it is it's so effortless to pass around (especially given the file size) that I'm afraid younger, more naive gamers (or older, less-honorable gamers) are going to get the idea that it's okay to pass around, even if just to their friends.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 pm

You could say there was a good community effort on warez protection. It's called WAREZ_RELEASE.
lmb
level0

Postby lmb » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:46 pm

I bought 2 copies of darwinia today. (one for me and one for my brother)

And I selected euros as currency, because it would have been cheaper both in pounds and dollars.

I think Introversion have well deserved the money.

Return to “Introversion News”