Introversion online store launched!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Introversion online store launched!

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

After lots of hard work, the new Introversion Online store is ready for use! Go to store.introversion.co.uk to take a look.

We are going to bring the store into action gradually, rather than just switching the whole Introversion site over in one go. To start off with all UK orders for Darwinia and Uplink will go through the new store, and all orders outside the UK will go through the old Worldpay system. We are also offering the Worldpay system to UK customers if they run into problems with the new store. This is all just a precaution to make sure the new system works ok before we fully commit to using it.

The new store does support immediate online downloads of purchased products, but we haven't enabled it just yet. We will be bringing that system online very soon - within a week. If you place an order through the new store now you will be entitled to an immediate download once they are ready, so there is no need to wait before ordering.

We plan to test the system for a week or so before moving the whole Introversion site over to the new store. We will then shut down the old Worldpay system for good.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:09 pm

It has been a long time comming, but I'm glad to see it finally here :)

And a Day late to boot! I see that IV must keep its record of deadlines... ;)

NeoThermic
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:09 pm

About bloody time :D
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:36 pm

\o/

Yayage! Now... what to buy... seeing as I have everything =/
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:01 pm

Yay!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:27 pm

Stellar job to all involved. Thanks for all the fish.

xander
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Xander: would have given the hitch hikers guide reference more kudos, if it wasn't for that bloody film, made it much more of a mainstream thing :(

No I never went to see it!

Anyway:

Online Store Good, will have a swatch come payday.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:09 pm

da_zeg wrote:Xander: would have given the hitch hikers guide reference more kudos, if it wasn't for that bloody film, made it much more of a mainstream thing :(

No I never went to see it!

Anyway:

Online Store Good, will have a swatch come payday.

Does it help that I read the Hitchhiker's Guide for the first time when I was 9? And that I own not only the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, but also the Illustrated Hitchhiker's Guide, and all of the paperbacks in their original form? And that I have the original radio series and all of these?

I must agree, however, that the new movie sucked giant donkey balls, and attempted to popularize something that has had, and should have, cult status, rather than mainstream status. The low budget BBC version was much better.

xander
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Well I can give reference full credit now, if it means anything to anybody, Myself probably not qualified to give credit though as i think i was born a bit too late and only saw the tv series a couple years back when they repeated it, tried to read the books but
[rant]
books suck, we live in the electronic age, why must people keep trying to sell us outdated media for "entertainment" Books are for learning, not for fun. Why waste time reading a book, they take too long and are full of irrelavant pish, when a film takes only a few short hours, ok it's still not entertaining, but it takes up less of my meaningless existance.
[/rant]

Ok serious note, i have read books and enjoyed them albeit not recently (in the last 3 or 4 years)

But I have an unbelievably short attention span nowadays, could this be caused by caffiene? and books dont hold my attention for long enough for reading to be viable.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:06 am

The BBC series r0x0r3d not because it was so low budget, but in spite of it. The guy who played Ford Prefect *was* Ford Prefect, and Arthur Dent was prissy as he was supposed to be. Zaphod's heads were where they were supposed to be, and Marvin was decidedly more annoying/comical, and less egg-shaped. The new movie was a load of chutzpah, and any real fan of the books... well, can still read the books.
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:30 pm

Found some errors in the text!

Darwinia page:

Yesteryears should be yesteryear's
Movie quality should be movie-quality
"600MHZ processor (1.6GHZ processor recommended)" seems very odd
"Products webpage" should be "product's webpage"

Uplink page:

"Peoples academic" should be "people's academic"
Extra bullet on the features
"Products webpage" should be "product's webpage"

Also sending in on the form.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
unlucky_13
level1
level1

Postby unlucky_13 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:15 pm

pah

like anyone is going to notice
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:49 pm

trickfred wrote:The BBC series r0x0r3d not because it was so low budget, but in spite of it. The guy who played Ford Prefect *was* Ford Prefect, and Arthur Dent was prissy as he was supposed to be. Zaphod's heads were where they were supposed to be, and Marvin was decidedly more annoying/comical, and less egg-shaped. The new movie was a load of chutzpah, and any real fan of the books... well, can still read the books.

I must agree entirely. It just goes to show that American producers really don't get British humor. Two recent examples: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that gawdawful Doctor Who that Fox did a few years back.

The BBC versions of both were low budget to the extreme. I mean, the Daleks were trashcans on wheels, and the cybermen had hairdryers on their heads. But as a kid, they scared the shit out of me. Frankly, there is little that is more frightening to me today than the phrase 'Exterminate!'.

The original HHGttG series had nothing as special effects that even really stood up to the standards of the time. Hell, Star Trek topped HHGttG more than a decade earlier. However, the show was still funny, and fun. Not high art by any standard, but entertainment.

The point was not that things looked scary, or high tech, or perfect, but that the writing carried things off. So what if the Doctor's ship looked like a telephone booth, and the Master's beard was an obvious fake? So what if every other story was set on the London underground because it was cheap to film there? The writing was amazing. This is something that we Americans, appearantly, can't figure out. Why write a good script when you have millions of dollars to spend on special effects?

And Marvin is not a walking Nokia phone. No. Bad.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:05 pm

Heh. You wanna see cheezy?

Look up the music video for The Time Lords - Doctorin' the Tardis.

Utterly ridiculous, and funnier every time I watch it.

*Psst! You can see the Dalek's feet!*
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:24 pm

I can buy the soundtrack CD at least! Yay! It is done! \o/
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.

Return to “Introversion News”