Random press clippings

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Random press clippings

Postby Chris » Thu May 19, 2005 11:18 am

A few updates today:

- PC Gamer (UK) are running a promotion with us this month, offering Darwinia with a free soundtrack CD for £19.99. The important information is in the June 2005 issue of PC Gamer UK, page 18. The soundtrack CDs have just been printed and they're really cool...the cover artwork is fantastic. Right now this is the only way to get hold of these soundtrack CDs, but if there is enough demand we will make them available in our Store. More information here.

- Edge magazine have printed an article written by Chris in this months issue, in the "Get Into Games" supplement on page 30. The suppliment comes free with the June 2005 issue of Edge magazine and contains a number of articles written by various industry folk about how to make a career in games. And as you'd expect, Chris presents a very different view on things. A handy quote : "Making a successful career in the games industry requires you to let go of your childish dreams of developing your own games and accept your place as a salaried worker in a grand team of salaried workers, all of whom are also well on their way to forgetting why they joined in the first place." Depressing but true.

- If you subscribe to Edge magazine you'll receive a free T-shirt. Their current freebie T-shirt contains the high-score names of the 150 most influential names in the games industry (apparently), and if you look really really closely on page 78 you'll see Chris's high-score name (CJD) has been added to the list. We're honoured : )

- In aswer to the invevitable question, Chris's full name is Christopher John Delay, hence CJD. And writing news articles and referring to yourself by name in the third person has to be the first sign of true madness.

- Mark and Tom will be speaking at Imperial College London (the University where Introversion was formed) on Wednesday, May 25th. The university is holding an event in which many industry insiders will be speaking, including such names as Peter Molyneux (Populous, Syndicate, Black&White) and David Braben (Elite, Wallace&Gromit). Mark and Tom will be speaking for around 25 minutes and the topic title is "How to leave Imperial College and not become a banker". They'll be talking about what's wrong with the games industry, and what Introversion did differently.

- DIYGames has reviewed Darwinia and awarded it a staggering 5 out of 5, only the second time in their 3 year history they have given such a score. (The other time was another awesome indie game called Gish). Click here to read the review.

- ClickForMore is an entirely online games magazine, and they've reviewed Darwinia. They gave it 4 out of 5. Click here to visit their site. Our favourite quote: "It's the game Peter Molyneux has been threatening to write all these years, but never quite managed."
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu May 19, 2005 11:57 am

I must have one of those CDs, they look absofrickinlutly awesome!
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Thu May 19, 2005 12:05 pm

1) GEEV MEH TEH CD!

2) CJD? Whats that mean... ah, never mind! :D

3) Insane indeed.

4) Come to Soton Uni too! Talk to the "Fish on Toast" (young business people) and you can speak here too!

5) Yaynesses!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu May 19, 2005 12:40 pm

Intresting news. Small note... 4th point, "answer" ;)

But, yes, thrid person talking in your own post about yourself is rather hard, and very well executed.

Is this event at the Imperial open to outsiders, or is it a ticket based thing? It sounds intresting, like something I want to attend :P

The CD is a must to go in the store IMO. I must complete my collection of Darwinia related items.

Finally, some congratulations over the DIYGames score and the ClickForMore score, they will both sit well in the press section :)

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu May 19, 2005 3:18 pm

I will add my voice to the growing tide of demand for the CD. xander must have teh CD of |)00|\/|!!!!!!1!!11!1!!!!oneoneone

xander
[cp]M.A.C.H.I.N.E.
level1
level1

Postby [cp]M.A.C.H.I.N.E. » Thu May 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Yea me too :) :) :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri May 20, 2005 12:45 pm

I've downloaded the music but I still want the CD.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
D Dude
level2
level2

Postby D Dude » Fri May 20, 2005 1:24 pm

All good news

CD does look really cool. Would love to get one.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri May 20, 2005 2:53 pm

D Dude wrote:All good news

CD does look really cool. Would love to get one.

Hey, did you know you started a craze in my ICT class? taking a plain Darwinian and putting stuff on it- like a ninja darwinian. :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
[cp]M.A.C.H.I.N.E.
level1
level1

Postby [cp]M.A.C.H.I.N.E. » Fri May 20, 2005 2:59 pm

lol
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri May 20, 2005 3:22 pm

Ninja Darwinians? Schweet!

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri May 20, 2005 4:38 pm

you've seen his avatar right? I'll post pics sometime.
Wet_Flannel
level2
level2

Postby Wet_Flannel » Fri May 20, 2005 5:01 pm

i love to see a pink darwinian please someone who has the time
t3h flannel dont worry its a hippo
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri May 20, 2005 5:06 pm

I have time, I have a lot of spare time on my hands (but its usually fragmented very skillfully into chunks too small to program in. :x
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri May 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Edit: first one looked like crap.

Return to “Introversion News”