Two months since launch

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Dru Lee Parsec
level1
level1

Postby Dru Lee Parsec » Tue May 10, 2005 7:02 pm

Well, I tried submitting a news story to Slashdot about the new Linux port. But they rejected it.
juice
level1
level1

Postby juice » Wed May 11, 2005 11:16 am

To be honest, I think the main thing which has impacted Darwinia sales has been the lack of a downloadable version.

(there's other things, too, like the demo, and the initial "high" price, but I'm not in a Spanish Inquisition mood).

I suspect a lot of people interested in the game as an impulse-buy would have been put off by the fact that they'd have to wait N days/weeks for the game to arrive via the mail.

Darwinia is a superb game - one of the best I've played for a long while. Let's hope that getting a modern shopping system online will help to bring it the recognition that it deserves. I'll certainly be pushing more people towards it:)
Dru Lee Parsec
level1
level1

Postby Dru Lee Parsec » Thu May 12, 2005 5:10 pm

I really think the answer is marketing. It's pretty easy to order, even here in the states. I paid the full price and I still think it was worth it. We just need to get the word out in the States.

Tell all your friends, let's all get at least one or two friends to buy a copy.
Falling Guy
level1
level1

Postby Falling Guy » Thu May 12, 2005 6:43 pm

I have got a few ppl 2 buy the game. its advertised on my site as well.
Fall, dont fly.
BMU
level0

Postby BMU » Wed May 18, 2005 11:00 am

Quite a few people I know are interested in the game, but not enough to bother with waiting for the package to arrive from the UK. Once the download option is up, that entry barrier falls away.

I really hope Introversion get it running soon, it'll do your cashflow the world of good!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed May 18, 2005 12:56 pm

Download'll get all of those people who want to play and want to play now. I agree, it'll be great for sales.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed May 18, 2005 2:42 pm

martin wrote:Download'll get all of those people who want to play and want to play now. I agree, it'll be great for sales.

It will also eliminate the 'cooling off' period. People can download the demo, decide they like it, and download the full game before they have a chance to think about it. If they know that they are going to have to wait a week or three for the game to arrive, they may think better of it before they send in their money. I know that has prevented me from buying things in the past.

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed May 18, 2005 2:45 pm

xander wrote:
martin wrote:Download'll get all of those people who want to play and want to play now. I agree, it'll be great for sales.

It will also eliminate the 'cooling off' period. People can download the demo, decide they like it, and download the full game before they have a chance to think about it. If they know that they are going to have to wait a week or three for the game to arrive, they may think better of it before they send in their money. I know that has prevented me from buying things in the past.

xander

Gotta agree there, I know the feeling.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Introversion News”