New installer for testing

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Wyverncrest
level1
level1

Postby Wyverncrest » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:32 am

That was true when I originally loaded the demo, but when I tried this new installer, it defaulted to the same directory as the full version.
Epitaph89
level0

Postby Epitaph89 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Ok, lets go back to the '16 bit sub-system' problem.
i'm assuming it also says 'autoexec.nt' in it somewhere refering to a bad reference (or some stupid stuff like that).
this is because there is some bug in SP2 for WindowsXP that actually deletes that file (autoexec.nt) from your system folder (/WINDOWS/system32/) it does not always delete this file as to the reason some of you have no problems. it is also know that if you replace the file, with each new windows startup it deletes the file again, as before this does not always happens....if it does it once it will continue to do so. to stop it from doing this make sure that the read-only property is checked.
i suppose you are all wondering 'well what am i supposed to do without the file?'. well the file can be found at http://www.oldmp.com/forms/download/xpservicepack2.htm as well as more information on this error and fix.

enjoy :D
Epitaph
the-beast
level0

Postby the-beast » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:05 pm

Anyone any idea when this version with the new installer is going to be avaliable in the shops?
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:19 pm

When they order the next lot of disks to be pressed/printed, which will be when the original stock is shifted
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:16 pm

Or you could stop, look and listen, and just put compatibility mode on the file it says has a problem, instead of say, downloading wierd things off the internet and sticking them in your windows folder...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!

Return to “Introversion News”