Help us track Darwinia in stores

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Help us track Darwinia in stores

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:09 pm

We need to track how well Darwinia is being presented in the UK stores - ie how easy it is to find in store, if it is front-on or side-on, how many copies are available etc. Obviously we can't visit every games shop in the UK personally, so we need your help with this.

Please have a look in your local games shops (if you're in the UK) to see if you can find Darwinia. Then go to our shop tracker page here. Fill in the fields and submit.

This information will really help us determine how well Darwinia has been received by the Retailers, and how easy Darwinia is to find in general in the high-street.

Thanks for your help.
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Quick suggestion; there are some shops selling it which aren't listed, but which also aren't independent (i.e. sainsbury's sells it - not sure if that's online-only though). Perhaps there could be an "Other" option with the option to fill in the name?
Don't think about The Game.
Cyberdyne
level1
level1

Postby Cyberdyne » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:54 pm

My feet are sore, I`ve walked up and down all day looking for somewhere to get it.

Dixons had never heard of it, Choices neither. And my usually very good local pc shop Computers Plus as well. (bought my first pc there, a Commodore VIC-20 3.5k with Rat Race and Jupiter Lander), they looked it up for me and when he saw Pinnacle as the distributer he huffed and mumbled something about there being no chance as they`ve had bad experiences with them in the past. I suggest some stern phone calls are in order, I filled in the form already but Choices wasn`t on the list.

I ended up getting half life 2 in Dixons as it was £5 cheaper and available.
But I haven`t bothered to try installing it yet, the install is so huge on dvd that i just don`t have the space for it.

I suppose I`m going to have to try and get a bank account and order it online. Unless you`ll take cash or a postal order?

This is my first post for Darwinia!
Tortanick
level3
level3

Postby Tortanick » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:16 pm

Ouch, you are in the UK right?
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:09 am

HMV Brighton have it up as their game of the week!!

Wooot!

Game Brighton had 2 copies hidden behind "Hidden and Dangerous"

Ironic,so I moved em to the top and front.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Well. Ive just trecked round Crewe, and only ONE shop had it. Virgin. However, it is number three in their PC games chart.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 pm

HMV Luton, about 20 mins away from IV Central, had it at number one. It was rather a nice moment. Myself and NeoThermic in our release party shirts, all beta's who attended got one, organising it a bit better. Quite a moment. The staff left us alone because they appeared to think we were IV.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:19 pm

I saw it in HMV in the Heathrow departure lounge, if that helps :P
Cyberdyne
level1
level1

Postby Cyberdyne » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:06 pm

I`m going to HMV then Monday morning, have to catch two trains to get there though. Looks like only the really big stores are stocking it ala Virgin and HMV at release time. Shame there isn`t either store within 15 miles from me.
Enzyme
level1
level1

Postby Enzyme » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:32 pm

GAME, St James Centre, Edinburgh.

They have it in their main PC games section; second shelf from bottom, partially hidden by a GAME flyer box (a "please take a leaflet" box). The message would appear to be "A minority game, if you want to buy this then you are obviously clever enough to find it".

Or am I just being paranoid?

(P.S. am posting from work so can't use your Shop Tracker system)
----------------------------------------
No soap in Bingham
ttm
level2
level2

Postby ttm » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I found it in Game (hidden in the corner with the other 'never going to sell a copy' games), in Virgin (nicely in the centre of dark coloured boxes, the green really stands out), in HMV (game of the week) and in Gamestation (hidden in the corner behind the 'try me' stand with a broken Nintendo DS attached (bloody vandals), I expected better from Gamestation)

Dixons had once again never hared of it
davesoft
level0

Postby davesoft » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:30 pm

edd8990 wrote:Well. Ive just trecked round Crewe, and only ONE shop had it. Virgin. However, it is number three in their PC games chart.

Hey, Im in crewe to. I spotted it a mile away only find it in thier pc chart. Think the publisher are a little intimidating to shops though, my mate runs gamestation in crewe and when he asked for Darwinia they sent him like 3 copies when he actually asked for a standard set (20)
The one thing I've learnt during my 19 year span on this desolate rock is that mortals are useless.
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:33 pm

You actually expect anything from gamestation ttm? Worst shop around as far as im concerned.
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:53 pm

To all those that find Darwinina in a corner of GAME, do what I did. Take all the boxes and put them up on the #1 spot of the chart. Either they will be left there, or when they get moved, they are moved into the new releases section. (Which is what happend)

NeoThermic
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:17 pm

or.....just buy em.

Return to “Introversion News”