Strategy First in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:30 pm

And I was just pointing out that Poles are not that much more desperate than the rest of us. :)
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:08 pm

chemman wrote:Well then they attempt to comit a suicide.

In this case it doesn't matter very much, for all I wanted to show was how much Poles are desperate enough to try and kill themselves, not how much actually die.

Do you know the ATTEMPTED suicide rate in America? If not, then you don't know where is worse.
Jaradus
level1
level1

Postby Jaradus » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:16 pm

That really is too bad.

Chris, I don't know if this is information is confidential, but is Introversion working with Ambrosia Software to sell Darwinia in the United States? I got my copy from Ambrosia SW and companies can really save a lot of money by selling their product online for download (like Counter-Strike Source) instead of having to produce a hard copy. Is Ambrosia SW taking up where the other company fell off?

-----------------

Major discrepancy that I noticed: for those who don't know, when a company files for Chapter 11 the creditors (Introversion is a general creditor) are the first to receive funds. However, the creditors are ranked by the amount of money owed to them, and then each creditor is paid in full from the top of the list to the bottom.

If Introversion is low on that list, the chances of being paid back are low. After all the creditors are paid in full, and only after then, can the owners of the company that has filed for Chapter 11 receive money. It is important to keep in mind that Chapter 11 is in fact not the liquidation of the company (Chapter 7 is liquidation) but the assumption that the company cannot pay its debts off or cannot survive but plans to do business in the future after they emerge from bankruptcy.

Therefore, the ‘conspiracy’ theory that was mentioned once or twice is unjustified and bashing United States laws isn’t going to make any progress because the laws in the UK regarding bankruptcy are close enough to those in the US to prevent the justification of attacking American laws.

Rkiver read this! -> I also noticed that Enron was mentioned. Unless the company that filed for Chapter 11 was falsifying earnings and presenting that data to its shareholders, then Enron and the above said company have nothing in common.
gumbo
level1
level1

Postby gumbo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:40 pm

Well guys it's a tough world out there and only the fit survice so to speak. It's a shame for IV but there's always hope. there got a great up and coming title and did plan for these like they said in edge maginize. Also I think as a whole the gaming industry is suffering. Activiison went bankrute a week or two ago and it seems to me devlopers afre getting run in to the ground by the distruteds who are demending more money. I dont think this is helping matters. The fact that IV are distruted there own products seems to be the way to devlop a company these days. The ones seem to be doing well and staying a float are companies that do there own distrution just image how many times Eidos or Sega will of been bankrupted if they didt do this ever time they throw out a game thats not up to scarth. So I think this is the way forward for game companies to go and I see this as the way IV should go to.
overclocked zx spectrums for sale
prophile
level5
level5

IV's publisher's bankruptsy

Postby prophile » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Well, you can be sure you can rely on Ambrosia at least. I've been hanging around Ambrosia since 98 and they haven't had one failed game release. More Power to IV!
Stealthblade
level1
level1

Postby Stealthblade » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:08 pm

Wish i could afford a poster. I can afford to give You guys about £5 at the moment. If you release your Paypal email account i will send some cash. Maybe a contributors list should be made using paypals auto return feature where contributors fill out a form with there name and email and are auto added to the top of the list.
Float like a butterfly,
Sting like a bee,
Can't Stop,
What you can't see
http://www.stealthblade.co.uk/
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:16 pm

Wish i could afford a poster.

Heh, you don't have enought moola, eh? Either get a job, or steal. Then you could help IV. Saying that you don't have the money won't give you moola.

I love moola.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
Stealthblade
level1
level1

Postby Stealthblade » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:30 pm

I will have moola soon as my business kicks off. http://www.innovationpcs.com/ Ships to UK only :D
Float like a butterfly,

Sting like a bee,

Can't Stop,

What you can't see

chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:34 pm

Nice, very nice. The website looks very nice, and all. There is one major problem though.

I can get those parts at lower than half a price.

Maybe they don't have the money-back guarantee or manual&nice box, but they work nice and they are cheap. Oh, and sorry, I can't sell you them, for I really don't have many such ocasions.
Stealthblade
level1
level1

Postby Stealthblade » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:11 pm

back of a truck eh you stealing em. Anyways my products are cheaper than most places maybe more expensive than a few who do wholesale, but i do retail which is in fact more expensive. The site has had forums added but need to add products am so lazy. :P
Float like a butterfly,

Sting like a bee,

Can't Stop,

What you can't see

chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:16 pm

Stealing, hm, yes, kind of. When the police steals your computer, the presence of an a4 piece od paper is the difference between legal and illegal. When a thief does that, a paper can help as well - you didn't pay your taxes.

And when they steal your computer, they can sell it to people.

That is an example of many, many methods. Although it should be a little suprise to say that I don't enjoy having anything in common with the police, the policemen, or other questionable ... .
Vorlin
level1
level1

Postby Vorlin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:56 am

Disclaimer: as an original buyer of Uplink, both the limited and regular store edition, I've been around a while and just now found out about this...

I hope Darwinia makes it. I've told all my friends, bought a poster, am awaiting a donation fund to give to via PayPal, lived through four hurricanes in 6 weeks since I live in Tampa, Florida (for all you "european countries" who don't know what that's like, think of a big huge cloud the size of your country), and am still ticking.

For those who said China's bigger than the US, tell me how many chinese BOUGHT the game Uplink instead of pirating it. SF was a pretty good publisher in the US, distributing games along the lines of Uplink and Disciples (2)...sure they did NWO, but that never went anywhere, hehe... Sucks to be them. Enron wasn't the worst. MCI had a lot to do with that. 4 billion in false earnings that went to 7 billion in false earnings when the SEC found out the truth. You tell me what 13,000 dropped jobs would do in a country like France or England. Oh yeah, that was the FIRST DAY that MCI reported their true losses and their whole lie was exposed on the news. And that was AFTER Enron and Arthur Anderson's exploits. People who'd worked for the company for 30+ years with retirement found out they had been locked out of selling their stocks to save the little piddly retirement they had left. How soon we forget....and today, in this war, which is supposed to bring us out, we're STILL not doing good.

But I digress. I'll buy a poster, donate 50 bucks USD, AND buy the game. And how many can say the same? Not many at all...
--Vorlin

Breaking my server to save yours...
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:38 pm

China has more people than the US. And most of the people playing uplink pirated.

I pirated many games, but due to my rules, I cannot pirate neither starscape (they are banning me all the time... bastards, but still indie bastards) nor uplink....

I won't buy it however. I would buy it if it would be Star Control, or Fallout. But it isn't.
Hrothgar
level0

Postby Hrothgar » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:02 am

Does this mean that you've been paid?

Gamasutra wrote:However, when taking over the company in April 2005, Silverstar contributed $600,000 in cash and 400,000 shares of stock to Strategy First's creditors, and assumed another $400,000 of Strategy First's existing debt, and it's presumed that the situation with the company's creditors is now resolved.
Cheers,
Hrothgar
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:59 pm

As gravedigs go, that one was a 25-pointer.

Return to “Introversion News”