I think it's about time we updated you on the patch

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

I think it's about time we updated you on the patch

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:00 am

I think it's about time we updated you on the production of the first major patch for Uplink. I've finally been able to find some time to get going on it again, now that all those other distractions are out of the way (bonus disks, legal and financial stuff etc). I've almost finished working on the irc client - this will appear as a HUD Upgrade which you can purchase in the normal way. When you use it, you'll be able to talk to other people on irc about the game.

Initially it connects you to #uplink on irc.openprojects.net (our Uplink IRC channel) but it's pretty generic and you can use it to talk anywhere. The screenshot shows me on the channel #debian - the busiest channel of all, with over 300 people connected. It's important to stress test these things ;)

The general plan will be to release the patch as a Beta - it will be called v1.1beta or something. We'll keep the old patch up. At any one point there will be two patches - an older "stable" patch, and a newer "beta" patch with experimental stuff in (like irc clients). I don't think we'll be telling you about most of the features we are working on - sorry - but it would just ruin the suprise. Lionhead have been working on monthly patches for Black&White, but you always know what they are before you get them. Boring. We're hoping to take you by suprise ;)

We'd also like to remind you that Uplink has been nominated for three awards at www.gamingexcellence.com, and we need your votes if we are going to win anything. Please go to this location and vote for us in the categories of "Strategy game of the year", "Best presentation of the year" and "Game of the year". We'd really appreciate your help in this one.

Return to “Introversion News”