Defcon due September 2006

The forum with all your Introversion News!
TheToyMaker
level1
level1

Postby TheToyMaker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:58 am

trickfred wrote:That's it! Everyone ask TheToyMaker for permission before posting!

(By the way, can I post this?)

youre overdoing it

besides, i know ive seen either xander or neothermic complain about that sorta thing on this forum before, so its a rational thing to say
TheToyMaker
level1
level1

Postby TheToyMaker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:01 am

NeoThermic wrote:
TheToyMaker wrote:dude americans can drive at 16 period.

Yet we in the UK can drink at 18. Period. What about you? Whats that? 21? But you can go to war with another country and die for it at 18? Hmm....

i never said i agree with our alcohol laws

i dont agree with too many laws anyway, i'm a borderline minarcho-capitalist
TheToyMaker
level1
level1

Postby TheToyMaker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:07 am

jpcoop14 wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
jpcoop14 wrote:Not everyone in our country agrees with every action our government takes or every decision our "President" makes.

Of course. However, I didn't say that everyone did or not; just noted the current state of law in the US.

NeoThermic

I know. I was only pointing that out because I know there is a lot of international resentment towards some of the decisions our government has made.

and a lot of intranational resentment too. the government has turned multiple clearly religious questions into openly political ones, in one case contradicting a standing supreme court decision, and compromised far too heavily with leftist lobbying groups. neither of the -wing political ideas makes any sense anyway; on the left youve got lots of personal freedom but no money to enjoy it, and on the right youve got lots of economic freedom and no legal pastimes to spend it on.

to anyone who would give me heat over this post, read anthem by Ayn Rand, or 1984 by george orwell. sufficiently dystopian to be good fiction, but realistic enough to make borderliners on either wing see what their philosophies can and will lead to.[/i]
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:38 am

TheToyMaker wrote:
trickfred wrote:That's it! Everyone ask TheToyMaker for permission before posting!

youre overdoing it

besides, i know ive seen either xander or neothermic complain about that sorta thing on this forum before, so its a rational thing to say

Hey, Captain Triple Post - they're usually joking when they say it, and they've been around long enough for people to know they were joking. :P

By the way, punctuation and capitalization are all the rage in spelling circles these days.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:53 am

It's something you'll pick up over time.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
dondarm
level1
level1

Postby dondarm » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:56 pm

TheToyMaker wrote:
jpcoop14 wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
jpcoop14 wrote:Not everyone in our country agrees with every action our government takes or every decision our "President" makes.

Of course. However, I didn't say that everyone did or not; just noted the current state of law in the US.

NeoThermic

I know. I was only pointing that out because I know there is a lot of international resentment towards some of the decisions our government has made.

and a lot of intranational resentment too. the government has turned multiple clearly religious questions into openly political ones, in one case contradicting a standing supreme court decision, and compromised far too heavily with leftist lobbying groups. neither of the -wing political ideas makes any sense anyway; on the left youve got lots of personal freedom but no money to enjoy it, and on the right youve got lots of economic freedom and no legal pastimes to spend it on.

to anyone who would give me heat over this post, read anthem by Ayn Rand, or 1984 by george orwell. sufficiently dystopian to be good fiction, but realistic enough to make borderliners on either wing see what their philosophies can and will lead to.[/i]

Um, OK I'm german so I'm not quite sure about this but is intranational even a word? Can't you just say national?

Edit: Oh yeah , over here we can drink (and buy) alcohol at the age of 16.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:44 pm

TheToyMaker wrote:

youre overdoing it

I think that falls under the 'do as we say, not as we do' catagory ;)

NeoThermic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:10 pm

dondarm wrote:Um, OK I'm german so I'm not quite sure about this but is intranational even a word? Can't you just say national?
Yes and yes, but intranational is explicit.

Another topic turns to "My nation's better than your nation", woo yay! Couldn't have happened in a more fitting topic.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:19 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:
dondarm wrote:Um, OK I'm german so I'm not quite sure about this but is intranational even a word? Can't you just say national?

Another topic turns to "My nation's better than your nation", woo yay! Couldn't have happened in a more fitting topic.

Actually, I think it has turned into a debate about whos national leadership is worse, with the American trying to prove that Bush is teh satan.

xander
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Dirty Harry Potter wrote:Pretty sure there isn't a legal drinking age here in Denmark :X You can't buy alcohol before you're, I think it's, 18 though.

It's 16 in shops, 18 in bars and clubs and things, IIRC.

(Just to, y'know, reply to a couple of days old post.)
Don't think about The Game.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:

Yes. I think we should settle this in a nuclear war. Anyone else wish to participate?

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:03 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:

Yes. I think we should settle this in a nuclear war. Anyone else wish to participate?

NeoThermic

I'm in, but only if you promise to nuke Washington DC first.

xander
dondarm
level1
level1

Postby dondarm » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:34 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:

NeoThermic

No, no nukes. That'd mean Germany couldn't participate. And we kinda invented this attitude! :wink:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:44 pm

dondarm wrote:No, no nukes. That'd mean Germany couldn't participate. And we kinda invented this attitude! :wink:

The US has extras -- maybe we could loan you a few?

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:17 pm

You mean, reduce the price to 0$/unit?

Return to “Introversion News”