It's all for Charity

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

It's all for Charity

Postby Mark » Wed May 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Hey Everyone,

I know you are used to Chris posting most of the news, but I’m being a bit cheeky and subverting the IV website to my own ends. For those who don’t know me, I work with Chris (the man behind the games) and do most of the biz side at IV.

Anyway, I have been given the opportunity to take a trip to Naimibia in order build a playground for the children of a local school. The trip is organised through Operation Raleigh. They are a UK charity who organise expeditions abroad for under-privileged or troubled children and adolescents within the UK. The children visit an area (such as Naimibia) and participate in community projects such as building playgrounds or schools. Through this the UK children benefit develop new skills and develop ideas from which they acquire increased self-esteem. The Naimibian children obtain a clear increase in the quality of their life.

More on Raleigh at http://www.raleighinternational.org

Raleigh also give the opportunity for individuals to attend if they pay their way and raise £1200 for the charity. I suddenly realised that IV has built up a large number of fans, who I’m sure have big hearts and maybe willing to donate a small sum to help me out. If each of you gave just $5 (£2.50) it would make a massive difference.

If you donate at http://www.justgiving.com/markmorris Raleigh can claim the tax back, and your donations count for more.

Thanks Guys,

Mark

P.S. I’m interested if you think this is of no relevance to IV and inappropriate - post something on the forums and let me know.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed May 03, 2006 8:33 pm

Being a 16-year old Swede who owes his parents more than £125 sucks.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed May 03, 2006 8:55 pm

This is relevent, in that it is what y'all at IV are up to. It is appropriate, because it is your forum, and anything that you say is appropriate, is, by definition, appropriate. Beyond that, I think that much of the community here would be willing to donate, and get you guys to Namibia (but not Nigeria, we all know that's a scam :P ).

xander
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu May 04, 2006 9:11 am

Crap...I'm moving house. If you can wait erm...a month I can throw a hundred your way.

And it belongs here. You're part of Introversion, and you are using your "IV powers" for good. :)
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Thu May 04, 2006 9:17 am

Mirroring xander and appending that it is also appropriate because it is a matter of humanitary aid and values.

Mirroring hawk and modifying that I'm a minimum wage slave laborer with a mountain of debts. ;)
iGAME...on the PC
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:32 pm

It took a month to get parents to buy Darwinia, I don't think they'll go for this :/
Luigi for mod in 2006!
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu May 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Well, I have a job interview in... oh, 65 minutes. If I snag it, you'll be seeing a donation from my first cheque. :D
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:14 am

I would send money, but, yea, no funds at the minute. :'(

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Sun May 07, 2006 9:26 pm

What a great idea Mark. I think this is exactly what IV's fans like to know about, and help out with if they can.

I've recently maxed out my overdraft by buying a 360, been in a car crash, and got my cat spayed so I'm totally skint. I've decided that I'll give some money anyway. Only a fiver. :)

How long are you going to be raising money for? I can make this a regular donation for the next few months if you not going anywhere soon.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 pm

How long do we have? 'Cos I wont have any cash till the end of next month, when I plan to sign on with an agence... then I could sling some cash at ya...

Return to “Introversion News”