Welcome to our new forums!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 am

I think this is a neat idea, personally. It is a way to tie all the boards together at least somewhat, as well as separating out the Introversion specific News posts from each forum

Just waiting for the full defcon forum to go live. (With beta testing application as well, of course. ;))

As a sidenote, when I previewed this post, the post icon showed up as a broken image. (Trying to load from http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... nipost.gif)
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:56 am

I find it annoying that if I visit only one of the forums, all the others will mark all messages as read when I leave. So I have to check everything at once.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:09 am

I've popped in the graphic from the subSilver theme, hopefully that will fix it!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:28 pm

sorry to be off topic - but when the hell did this forum appear? I've only just seen it! :o
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:48 pm

I'd say sometime about Feb 06, 2006 3:35 pm...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:05 pm

prophile wrote:Is there anything wrong with that?

Never said there was, just commenting.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:38 am

This is confusing....
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:12 pm

It feels wrong being on what I see as the uplink forum and having a SINGLE BLOODY DIGIT postcount!
This is wrong on oh so many levels!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:19 pm

It would actually be nice to merge the forums more. Having four basically seperate forums is just a bit much. :)
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:04 pm

A couple other problems I've noticed with the new forums set up: (Please don't kill me! :P)

1) I've recieved three reply notification emails for this topic, and each one has had a link through a different board. The first came through the Darwinia (/darwinia/introversion/...) board, the second with a straight link to this topic through the Introversion board, and the third through Uplink. Is there any way it can just come through one link location?

2) When I'm receiving these notifications, the sender is "nobody@introaa1.miniserver.com" instead of "admin@forums.introversion.co.uk" like it was previously.

3) When I'm reading the News board for Darwinia, Defcon or Uplink through the Introversion forum, the Link that shows the current place I'm viewing says "Introversion Index -> News". It would be good if it could say "Darwinia News", etc. This also applies to the General forums for each game.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:It would actually be nice to merge the forums more. Having four basically seperate forums is just a bit much. :)

To some extent this is a work in progress. But our aim is that Introversion fans can visit the Introversion forums, and get an overview of all of our games on one screen. But people who are into one game only (eg hardcore Uplink fans) would cut our throats if we attempted to merge the Uplink forums into the rest - hence those individual forums have been maintained.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:06 pm

I really don't see a problem in having just one forum; that's how most game developers do it and it seems to work well for them. In addition, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to let people choose what skin they view it with.

An example is the Ubi Soft Forums. I only go into a few of the sections but it doesn't bother me that there are tons more sections on the same page that have nothing to do with me. Of course the IV boards would be smaller so it'd be even less of a problem.

So, that's my input on that issue.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:23 pm

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introv ... 6&start=15
doormat wrote:Following the merger of the fourms, the corruption in Uplink/General is slowly spreading throughout the IV network.

We rule! 8)

^^ This is why the forums should remain seperate :P

xander
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:47 pm

xyzyxx wrote:I really don't see a problem in having just one forum; that's how most game developers do it and it seems to work well for them. In addition, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to let people choose what skin they view it with.

An example is the Ubi Soft Forums. I only go into a few of the sections but it doesn't bother me that there are tons more sections on the same page that have nothing to do with me. Of course the IV boards would be smaller so it'd be even less of a problem.

So, that's my input on that issue.

Exactly. :)
Last edited by Stewsburntmonkey on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 pm

Chris wrote:
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:It would actually be nice to merge the forums more. Having four basically seperate forums is just a bit much. :)

To some extent this is a work in progress. But our aim is that Introversion fans can visit the Introversion forums, and get an overview of all of our games on one screen. But people who are into one game only (eg hardcore Uplink fans) would cut our throats if we attempted to merge the Uplink forums into the rest - hence those individual forums have been maintained.

But I think everyone would rather that than to have to browse several different forums even though they're the same user on all of them. It would definately be much better than the complicated system there is at the moment.

Return to “Introversion News”