Bots available for download?

Come in here to talk about your sky-net style world-destroying super bots!

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zeldarocks
level0

Bots available for download?

Postby Zeldarocks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:40 am

I keep on reading about these world-destroying bots that are being developed, as well as competitions pitting the various bots against eachother; I was wondering, are any of these bots available for download and can they be integrated into the game?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 pm

You can find the Joshua bot here, at the moment he doesn't do very much and he's not in active development. But once my exams are over I'm probably going to be bored enough to resume development.

The bots can't be integrated into defcon, you need the bot enabled version of defcon to run the bots.
Last edited by martin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
poptart911
level1
level1

Dr. Strangebot

Postby poptart911 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

You can grab my bot from here: https://github.com/owen2/Strangebot :D

It isn't finished yet, but I will continuously updated it as I go. SO... the latest version will always be there.
LordVader2.0
level1
level1

where?

Postby LordVader2.0 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Where would the bot enabled version of defcon would be? message me please.
leekitah
level0

Postby leekitah » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:57 am

Wow, am fascinated by all the movies of terminator, but i couldn't get the story? Actually, i didn't understand the story, those robots and fighting was good, but the story didn't get into my head. please explain, please and please be clear to earn credit, please explain in detail. would be grateful and would help you guys in any way i can.

<spam>
Last edited by leekitah on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:32 am

First, this black guy invents a really smart computer. The CIA gets a hold of it and the US Government uses the smart computer to manage their nuclear missiles. They call it SKYNET. Soon, they decide SKYNET it really good at taking care of the military, so the USA makes a robot army directly controlled by SKYNET to fight their wars for them.

The robots decide they don't like humans. On Judgment Day, SKYNET launches all nuclear missiles at the rest of the world, to provoke Russia and China into firing their nukes at USA. After a global nuclear strike that decimates humanity, SKYNET follows with a world invasion of their robot army to finish off humanity. However, there is a man who leads the resistance called John. He leads them very well and they might win the war, or at least make it difficult for the robots to win.

So the robots invent time travel to go back in time to kill John's mother before John is even born. This fails, and by extreme irony, the man sent into the past to protect John's mom gets her pregnant, and John is born. The machines try again when John is a teenager. This fails too. Finally, they try again when John is a young man. He lives and manages to hide in a CIA bunker while the Judgment Day nuclear strikes occur. He then starts to lead the resistance because he is already so good at fighting the robots, all because they tried to kill him and his mom three times, with three different Terminators.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:33 am

leekitah wrote:Wow, am fascinated by all the movies of terminator, but i couldn't get the story? Actually, i didn't understand the story, those robots and fighting was good, but the story didn't get into my head. please explain, please and please be clear to earn credit, please explain in detail. would be grateful and would help you guys in any way i can.

Can't believe I took five whole minutes out of my day on this. Spring break has given me too much free time...
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 am

BMN wrote:
leekitah wrote:Wow, am fascinated by all the movies of terminator, but i couldn't get the story? Actually, i didn't understand the story, those robots and fighting was good, but the story didn't get into my head. please explain, please and please be clear to earn credit, please explain in detail. would be grateful and would help you guys in any way i can.

Can't believe I took five whole minutes out of my day on this. Spring break has given me too much free time...

If it makes you feel better, Isaac Newton invented calculus when he had too much free time at college.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:07 am

kudayta wrote:
BMN wrote:

If it makes you feel better, Isaac Newton invented calculus when he had too much free time at college.

It makes me feel worse because my hobbies are never productive or self-improving... I just end up very rich with useless knowledge that no one else cares about (or at least no one I've met).
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:19 am

I guess I should finish the story about Newton then :)

When he invented calculus, it wasn't very useful to anyone. Not even astronomers. It took another 50 or so years before the math was widely used. And of course today, over 200 years later, if you don't know it then you can't really call yourself an educated man.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 am

kudayta wrote:I guess I should finish the story about Newton then :)

When he invented calculus, it wasn't very useful to anyone. Not even astronomers. It took another 50 or so years before the math was widely used. And of course today, over 200 years later, if you don't know it then you can't really call yourself an educated man.

True it wasn't used at first, but my random web surfing will never be of use to anyone, ever at all.

I think there are plenty of other ways one could be considered highly educated without necessarily knowing calculus. And yes I have studied calculus myself.

Return to “AI Bots”