Oh no! Not another noob asking another noob question!eleven1

Come in here to talk about your sky-net style world-destroying super bots!

Moderator: Defcon moderators

trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 am

1. C, Lua, Java
2. Yes, see http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~rb1006/projects:api:bots
3. For now, thats me :P.
There is a mailing list: http://lists.introversion.co.uk/listinfo/defconapi
The authors info page: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~rb1006/projects:api
And this subforum. If you cant get the answer there, you are on your own.
If you are getting somewhere, pls try to document it, maybe just in this subforum, to help future attempts.
EvilRaptor
level0

Postby EvilRaptor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks a lot for that. At least I have somewhere to go from now :) .
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Okay, after e-mailing Peter and failing to achieve a response, I'm resorting to bugging you guys again, I suppose.

I'll keep it nice and short this time around: Does anyone understand C++ to the point where they understand the Luabot source code? Ultimately, I merely want someone to essentially tell me in some detail how it works, what each file in the source relates to, and so on. From that information, I hope to be able to hack together a modified Luabot - A Pythonbot, if you will - and from there, begin development on the actual bot itself.

I've looked through documentation, I've stared at "documentation" generated in doxygen, I've bashed my brains out with the source code, but it's all Greek to me. I've got little idea of what any of it does: I know that the dll is, of course, loaded by DEFCON, I know that somehow the said dll has the Lua interpreter and the DEFCON API "bound" into it or something, and that it loads "main.lua" as the actual AI. But I look beyond that, and my brain explodes!

I'm just asking for a bit of aid with this. I know Python, in it's lower levels, and I know the logic and I know the maths. I just need a helping hand to get over this first hurdle, because I'm confident that when that's done, I'll be able to easily construct an AI that will solidly kick your collective asses. :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 pm

ChemicalRascal wrote: I'll be able to easily construct an AI that will solidly kick your collective asses. :P

Good luck with that!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 am

I may have posted that plea a bit early - I've been given some pointers and suggestions on where to go from Peter, so I'll probably stop bugging everyone here and get on with this. Thanks for the help, people!

Return to “AI Bots”