Just bought DEFCON "Everybody Dies" PC CD ROM

Technical support for all issues relating to Defcon Linux

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Irakirashia
level0

Just bought DEFCON "Everybody Dies" PC CD ROM

Postby Irakirashia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:30 am

Hey, I just bought your cd, and followed the installation instructions, and end up on your support site where it says I'm one of the 100.000 guys that got a CD without an Authentication Key. So, how can I get one? I posed here because I did not find any proper place to do this request.

Thanks in advance for you attention.

;)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 am

I can't really help since I don't know how the authkey is supposed to get to you if you buy the CD, but where did you buy it from? If you bought it from the IV store, then you also purchased the downloadable version automatically and should have received a key then. If not, it's still linked to your IV store account.
Irakirashia
level0

Postby Irakirashia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't really know where it was bought since I won it on a contest. The authkey did not come with my CD, I checked it like 100 times and I'm one of that 100.000 copies with the authkey not printed on it. I'm from Argentina by the way... what the hell am I supposed to do? hah ;P. I want to play with 2 friends that already got it.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Two things you can try: if both your friends bought the game and you're just playing default games, you can join as a demo player. And the second thing, email Introversion support. If it is indeed a well known frequent problem with legitimately sold boxes (I wouldn't know), they'll arrange something. Something like, prove you own the box and CD, get key.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Just FYI, as the contact form is a little bit hard to find: http://www.introversion.co.uk/support/contactus.html

xander
Irakirashia
level0

Postby Irakirashia » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah, I thought the same. I can take a picture of myself having a local newspaper showing the actual date + the defcon original cd & cover if needed haha.

And thanks for the contact form guys.

Greets!

Return to “Linux Troubleshooting”