Chat window size and location

Technical support for all issues relating to Defcon Linux

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ossas81
level0

Chat window size and location

Postby Ossas81 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 am

Does anybody have the problem where you can't move the chat window to where you want it? If you move it up, it will revert to the bottom of the screen once the chat fades-away.

This is a problem because I'm using a custom resolution, and the bottom of my screen is cut-off (who needs to see Antarctica anyway? ). I can move all other windows up, except chat.

Is there a way to keep the chat text-box "on", so it never resets? Maybe a small mod already does this.

This problem was discussed before in the beta thread in 2006, but not sure if it's resolved.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:21 am

Nope, AFAIK, there's no fix for the chatbox snapback. However, even with widescreen resolutions, it shouldn't really snap to a position outside of the screen. So my guess is that your custom resolution means that parts of the screen that Defcon thinks are visible to you aren't, like you are working in windowed mode and part of the window is off-screen. Don't do that, then.
Ossas81
level0

Postby Ossas81 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:17 am

Yeah. I have dual monitors, and playing in windowed mode so I can set a special custom resolution (that still allows me to see everything widescreen). The window part that has Antarctica is off my screen, since it's useless anyway.

That sucks... I can move every other window up except that one.

Return to “Linux Troubleshooting”