Noobs at work

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DeafCom
level1
level1

Noobs at work

Postby DeafCom » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi all, I found a nice one (at the league server) here: http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2012-1 ... _20.27.zip

It is red (R3D as Russia plus F.Y. as Europe) vs. green (AE = Dävid as Asia plus ZA = Knudsen as NA). Conventional setting. Russia's fleet is full pac. Knudsen's fleet in atlantic.

R3D and F.Y. are at first not so sure about Dävid's abilities. Is he able to blind nuke? No attempt to blind nuke throughout the game. Hey folks, I am missing that!

First move of R3D is a massive fighter spam to scout Asian territory. he finds about 2 silos and 3 airbases.

Followed by very profound thoughts of FY.

The scouted airbases are targeted (see northern India and Pakistan)

Meanwhile in the atlantic: Timer at 40:29.

Same image, 3 minutes later. (I like the mild glow of the ocean...)

Dävid is following an interesting strategy. He opens only one silo at a time and keeps R3D busy defending, prevents him from launching. If you can read the chat protocol here: Spectator Zorotama is promising his comeback!

Knudsen gives Europe a full set of nukes. However, his sync failed. So FY's defense takes out most nukes.
Some cities hit, one silo damaged:

Things get finally more tense. Knudsen launches from African subs after scouting a silo. However, the silo isn't destroyed. FY starts a counterlaunch from African subs as well. Costs him 1 sub for 2 nukes getting out. One of these subs takes out a CV at least.

Units get rearranged. What you cannot see is that R3D's fleet is moving over from China to NA.

Knudsen's (NA!) subs arrive in Arabia....
...while his homeland is taken from two sides. Please read the chat protocol here. Great! FY, your tactics seem to be much better from enemy's side of view than from your own...

Finally, red wins 320:195.

Nice game on a high level. Main fault was in my opinion the bad launch by Zombie Apocalypse. If that would have worked, this match would have been pair. R3D didn't clean Asian silos, he even withdraw his fleet at a time he could easily swept out Dävid from the sea (at the same time hindering Knudsen's subs to launch in Arabia). Maybe a little bit too much respect? FY always thought he was doing much worse than he did in reality. For his territory this is a great result. Dävid failed trying to scout R3Ds silos. Furthermore, his one-nuke-per-time tactics was not too evident for me.

However, all these are the thoughts of a noob spectator seeing all moves. The game was great (happy that I found it) and is definitely worth watching recs. Winner of the match: Zorotama, who will come back (well, he promised).

DeafCom
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Nice debriefs. Keep em up!
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 pm

The Mighty Santa wrote:Nice debriefs. Keep em up!

agree :)

DeafCom wrote:

DeafCom

3 nuks leaft, what a noob :lol: :lol: :lol:
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Great write up
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
AndersBreivik
level2
level2

Postby AndersBreivik » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 pm

on the 3rd picture you didn't quite blank out my name correctly

:wink:

if your going to censor - don't fail!

Dävid
level2
level2

Debriefed

Postby Dävid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 pm

*sigh*
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 pm

R3D wrote:
The Mighty Santa wrote:Nice debriefs. Keep em up!

agree :)

DeafCom wrote:

DeafCom

3 nuks leaft, what a noob :lol: :lol: :lol:

you all should take a look a collateral and survivors! btw, and i mean not Zombie.
:lol:
yeah, really nice debrief!
but i really sucked in atl. and idk what i did wrong. okay, most important is to block atl for my noob ally. :lol:

Return to “The Debriefing Room”