The Stiffmeister vs nuke this

Postby Nuke this » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:37 am

Final result:
-------

(SA) Nuke this: 108
(Rus) The Stiffmeister: 63

Debriefing:
---------------

At placement i decided to split my forces into the two major oceans, consisting of a 'plug' to stop any attack from north atlantic, a single carrier to scout possible indian ocean fleet and about half of my fleet and all of my subs fanned across the pacific starting line to scout for incoming. I also began moving 2 carrier and 2 battleships due west of my far west waters, to try to get a quick scout of any indian ocean movement. This would prove to be the center stage of the first attack, as StiffMeister placed his russian fleet aggressively and compactly on the far south-east border.

Stiffmeister quickly took out those straggling craft, and facing a vastly superior force i retreated my ships towards south america hoping to naval nuke. It was highly successful and i managed to destroy about 2/3 of his fleet, and i was able to pick off the rest and advance to the eastern russian cities with a few carriers, after Stiffmeister took out several cities near my unspotted silos with a big sub attack.

Stiffmeister then did something a little unexpected, he launched his silos around the 2:40 h mark, let them lose and was at an impressive point advantage, my survivors being at 20%. He then proclaimed victory (a little early!) and waited for some time for me to retaliate. At this stage i had 12 sub nukes remaining, all silos and a large bomber supply and resupply at my lease, so i aimed to play several bomber missions in easy unguarded territories then come home for the big win. Around the 3:40 h mark StiffMeister got bored, so i said i would finish up and post a screenshot of the end result.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=545038

Against a CPU my plan worked fine, however this game is an example of patience. If Stiffmeister had of kept on playing at the 3:40 mark, i may not have won, as he could have easily sabatagued (sp?) any indian ocean attack with a few naval nukes.

Conclusion:
---------------

Decide how you are going to attack and decide before you are going to place. You should factor in your silo placement vs their likely silo placement, your fleet placement vs their likely fleet placement. Decide if you're going to play offensively, empty your nuke supply, and play then play late-game defense, OR, play defensively first, then switch to a late well staged attack.

Oh, and it's never over till the fat lady sings.
StifflerStyle
level2
level2

My perspective

Postby StifflerStyle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Damnit I thought victory was mine!! Anyways thanks for the awesome post!

- My 2 cents:
After you nuked 2/3 of my navy in 1 go using 3? surfaced subs in the pacific
I was (':shock:'), never seen that happen before. This crippled my style so I just
launched silos and subs, got you down to 20.1. I thought I had won :(

- Conclusion:
Note to self: tight formation, not a good thing against seanukes from subs
Note to nuke: Next time I'll make sure you won't be able to do any late-game shit cos it takes you way too long :P
Nuke this
level1
level1

Postby Nuke this » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:48 pm

What i did was put 4 subs on active under you so i could see what was above. I was moving them back towards south america so they'd be less vunerable to carriers and also provides a nice slow moving target to fire other subs nukes at. And i threw in some bomber nukes for flavor. I only ended up with 12 sub nukes left / 60 once you had finished destroying/depleting me :(
StifflerStyle
level2
level2

Subtastic

Postby StifflerStyle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Oh i see, red october hunt became my downfall :D
a costly tactic nonetheless.
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey nuke this would you like to 1v1 me?
Nuke this
level1
level1

Postby Nuke this » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 am

Sure vicious, i'll be home playing again in about 2 hours throughout the evening.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”