level5

Postby Why? » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:16 am

OBAMA IS HERE!!! Anything can happen!

Tobias and I teamed up in 2v2....score was 600 to -100
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Why? wrote:OBAMA IS HERE!!! Anything can happen!

Tobias and I teamed up in 2v2....score was 600 to -100

That was fun, but alas you are now on Team Stacked. The truce is over!
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Ok wait just a minute here! I haven't read this whole topic yet, but I read enough to get the gist of it. So, Tobias appears to be a disliked cowardly nave who hides behind smokes, lights, and alternate aliases to hide his true incompetence, for this he is much dislike by the general public. He is a above average player yet he deems him self "the king" (maybe Elvis didn't really die but I think he would have better things to do than this) but receives none of the respect and admiration a good king has in spades. So much like his fake names and big words he is trying to cover up his shame by calling him self "the king" and acting like he is. Or is he really a good player who every one likes? It's really confusing to try and jump into the middle of this kind of thing. Even if he IS worthy of the title "the king" this is supposed to be about the match between him and Why? not a argue about the king topic. Just two more things a) I can't get the match to play (I'm new to this..... do I open it from inside defcon or do I need some video codecs?) and B) why don't we, oh I don't know, get back on topic?!
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

How to watch recordings:

1. Go to http://dedcon.net/ and download the latest version of the program.
2. Install Dedcon.
3. Open(Double-Click) the recording file(.drec), which should now have a file association with dedcon. A black text box will pop up with the names of the players, and the pre-game chat log.
4. Leave Dedcon running, and open Defcon. In the server list, you will find a green server called 'playback'. Enter it to watch the recording!

*notes*

--Other people can see the playback server, and watch the recording with you. So the spectators in the recording aren't always ghosts from the game!

--You can change the speed of the recording with the /speed command. Type '/speed 20' for maximum speed. You can use any number from 0(pause) to 20. These speeds multiply the speeds chosen by the players in the game. So when they're on 1x and you're on 20x then 1x20=20 speed. If they're on 20x speed and you're on 20x speed it's 20x20=400 speed. You can also use numbers higher than 20, but it won't go any faster than 20x.

--You can find recordings on the following server websites: http://dedcon.homelinux.net/serverlogs/ , http://highlatency.net , http://sfcon2v2.com (down temporarily)

--I recommend watching games with names from this forum, or from players that are high on the ranking page http://dedcon.homelinux.net/ratings/

You can thank bert_the_turtle for writing the Dedcon program, and providing all the 'Dedcon Test' servers. :D
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Phevnil wrote:Even if he IS worthy of the title "the King"

You can form an opinion on this matter in one of two ways: 1) reading the forum or 2) playing often. If you choose the latter, I will eventually bash your head in a sufficient number of times for you to reach the proper conclusion.

Phevnil wrote:I can't get the match to play

See the very bottom of this page:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... =recording

And, yes, while I may be King, Bert is GOD.
Last edited by - Tobias - on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Head bashery is no sound basis for being a king. Maybe head bashery with a touch of polite tips and kind words to new players would help. Any ways thanks ten fold for the instructions on how to watch the match (I was sure it had something to do with dedcon but I had no idea what).
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I don't think Tobias' arrogance is sincere. It's more of a ruse, or a bait. This way he's got a line of people itching to play him, and he can choose when/where the battles will take place. (strategic advantage)
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm

True, any ways I watched the match and I have to say it was very entertaining and well played on both your parts. I liked how Tobias carrier hoped across the map so he had bombers behind you but I also thought it was hilarious when you nuked those five of his subs with a guess. I wonder what would happen if you teamed up against two other equally skilled players? Needless to say epicness would ensure.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Phevnil wrote: a touch of polite tips

Search forum for "King's Rules." Good tips for beginners.

Why? wrote:I don't think Tobias' arrogance is sincere. It's more of a ruse, or a bait.

Admittedly I enjoy the mind games as much as anything else. Now Why? we gotta bury this thread.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:02 pm

hehe

There's a full year's worth of threads on the first page, and it seems this is the hottest topic The Debriefing Room has ever seen. It's gonna take a loooong time to bury this.

Years from now, noobs will still be asking about the evil Defcon villain, known as Tobias. All shall fear the [DEMO] Alias, for generations to come!
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:29 am

- Tobias - wrote:Admittedly I enjoy the mind games as much as anything else. Now Why? we gotta bury this thread.

I have come to partly respect your head games. But I don't think this thread will just die :P
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 am

I might as well add this one to the chronicles! Worth a watch, I imagine.

Really close game. I made a lot of mistakes. Feels more like a draw than a win. This ladder is gonna be fun!

http://highlatency.net/index.php?d=DedC ... .22.38.zip
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:19 am

Yes, that was a very good game. Edward's play was excellent. Nice shooting, as usual, by you. I too made some mistakes, the biggest of which was allowing Senator to keep any bombers. I probably should have just swept him clean before I turned my attention to you.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:22 pm

Yeah, Ed had an excellent game. Senator and I tried to put the squeeze on him, but he wasn't budging! I should have tried to push through, instead of reload, but he had me scared!

He also blind-nuked 1.8 of my silos! (Had 3 targeted correctly, but cut his launch short.)

Return to “The Debriefing Room”