Analyze This Peace and Love vs RuslMike

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Peace and Love
level2
level2

Analyze This Peace and Love vs RuslMike

Postby Peace and Love » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:40 pm

I have .1 higher than him in score, check the screen. On my comp it said I win but RuslMike has a screenshot where it said HE won (waiting on his reply to post a screenie)

Although he's too much of an egomaniac to admit a tie, I'll leave it to you guys to decide who won xD

Successes
-I only lost one sub (with 2 nukes left) to his naval nuking and was able to fire 11 full subs into Russia.
-Scouting early and wiping out two silos and 2 airbases
-very successful bomber attacks :D

Fatal Errors
- allowing RuslMike's offense to go with barely any opposition
- not reverting back to defense therefor losing two nearly empty silos (which could've been prevented)

THE biggest error for RuslMike:
-There was a small radar near Kinsasha which he neglected when oepning his subs initially. A few extra nukes could've won him the game without dispute but because I saw them I was able to counter with airbase fighters.

let him fill in the gaps, I don't have his eyes :D

It was a pretty straightforward game with lots of destruction. I put my full navy save one carrier and 6 battleships in the Indian Ocean. RuslMike obviously went 100 percent Atlantic. So the naval battle didn't exactly occur until the very end when it didn't exactly make any difference. Though that's the explanation for why there're so few ships in that screenshot.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:52 pm

You have more kills than Mike and lesser casualties, therefore more survivors.
It´s your game.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:55 pm

The screenshot you're asking for:
PnL wrote:I'll leave it to you guys to decide who won

Do you know how to use Search function? I'm giving free lessons if you like. This was already discussed over and over again. Once in a game vs Ender I had 0.3M more kills but it still flashed "Victory to Ender". Such match is called void because there is no sure way to decide who won. I entered the scores just as they are: 95 to 95.

Besides, this setup is among 3 most lucky match-ups ever along with EU vs AF and RU vs AS; not surely winning with Africa is a shame.

EDIT:
Nightwatch wrote:You have more kills than Mike and lesser casualties, therefore more survivors.
It´s your game.

Oh. If you say so. Besides if you call collateral damage "casualities" then it's even with me and PnL.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:10 am

Wait, Peace and Love's name is on the top in both screenies. She has 0.1m more kills, and 0.1m more survivors.

Despite rus|Mike's screenshot, I'd say she was the winner.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:12 am

Agreed! Despite the inability of the game to distinguish the winner, this is obviously Peace and Love's game.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 am

... Look guys. Just listen. This was already discussed. Widely discussed. The decision is that's a draw, because there is no way to ensure who is a winnner. It's not my desision, it was carried out by some sort of voting.
Why discuss once again?? What is the reason for that?
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:54 am

rus|Mike wrote:Do you know how to use Search function? I'm giving free lessons if you like. This was already discussed over and over again. Once in a game vs Ender I had 0.3M more kills but it still flashed "Victory to Ender". Such match is called void because there is no sure way to decide who won.

I know how to use the Search function; look what I found. People seem to accept that wins my this narrow margin are still acceptable.

I saw the debate in the Ladder - and I agree that in that situation it may be better off to call it a draw and have a rematch.

It does seem like the two situations are slightly different, though - only one screen is showing an incorrect result, not both of them. To quote NeoThermic (because what he said makes sense):

NeoThermic wrote: Bugs in Defcon should not lead to a win, as both of you have legitimate stake in saying you won (the game said Ender won, but rus|Mike has a higher score).

In this match, only PnL has more of a legitimate stake in saying that she won. (she is higher on the scoreboard, and one of the screens says she won. rus|Mike only has one of the screens saying that he won.)
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:09 am

Guys, you're killing me here... :x it's not a ladder or tournament match, so what the discussion is about? I personally don't care about numeric result, all I learned from this game is that my new strategy works perfectly and that PnL couldn't surely defeat me even in one of top 3 most lucky match-ups. That's all. PnL, if you want to be winner, than be a winner, I'm not against.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:27 am

rus|Mike wrote:Guys, you're killing me here... :x it's not a ladder or tournament match, so what the discussion is about? I personally don't care about numeric result, all I learned from this game is that my new strategy works perfectly and that PnL couldn't surely defeat me even in one of top 3 most lucky match-ups. That's all. PnL, if you want to be winner, than be a winner, I'm not against.

hey now, I wanted to settle for a draw. You're the one who kept arguing it was your win ;) as I recall it. That's the only reason I brought up this discussion lol

Draw it is <3 see you on the the next battlefield :D

Return to “The Debriefing Room”