Win in 3v3 After an Epic Fail

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TEXAS
level1
level1

Win in 3v3 After an Epic Fail

Postby TEXAS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:10 pm

So today I did a 3v3 on the G6 3v3 server. The teams were Xan Kreigor, Baton, and Endless vs myself, DTNC, and Rad Poison.

It turned into a north vs south setup and my team was the south. I was Asia and asked Rad (Africa) if he wanted to double silos in Saudi Arabia and Somalia, he said yes so we doubled. I was worried that my subs might get naval nuked but I blew it off thinking that baton wouldn't use nukes doing that...I was so wrong....

When DEFCON 1 hit Rad had 9 subs in India and I had 12 subs plus 6 CV. Baton immediately started launching his silos and I assumed it was to blindnuke me as he has sent scout fighters. The trajectory looked off so I wondered, are those heading for our subs. I knew it was too late to move my subs since they were on top of Rad's and would move very slowly so I left them there and we began launching with them. Right then I was moving some CV up to recover prepare to recover some bombers, and 1 of batons silo nukes hit right in the middle of the subs and CV. 21 subs and all 6 CV were gone instantly, from 1 nuke. Despite this setback our team managed to win the game with a score of 282 to 221.

I have now learned my lesson about grouping my stuff too tightly. :D
GG and thanks for playing guys!

Here is the recording: http://group6.info/game/view/64233

TEXAS
Ärstotzka
level2
level2

Re: Win in 3v3 After an Epic Fail

Postby Ärstotzka » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Before: Image
After: Image

Photos courtesy of Baton.
TEXAS
level1
level1

Postby TEXAS » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 am

Haha. I certainly learned my lesson. Those CV were WAAYYY to high up to recover those bombers.. If only I had kept them a little farther down......

TEXAS
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Pretty typical to launch subs there really. :)

Screenshot reminds me of one time when i was in some 3v3 a long while back, all i remember territory wise is that i was Russia, and was attempting to fend off a fighter spam that were making a beeline for my subs in the middle of firing its salvos. At one point some fighter was taking AA fire from my Battleships like a boss and by the time it actually did decide to die, it had to be right on top of my closely packed subs, such bs does happen with this game sometimes.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Offtopic: Sorry for dropping out of that follow up 2v2 with cows, beni and haw haw. My ISP messed something up, had no inet until now.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:13 pm

TEXAS wrote:. Despite this setback our team managed to win the game with a score of 282 to 221.

TEXAS

Let's be honest, who had the worst setback? You with your incredible vanishing ships, or us with our partner shooting ever silo nuke into the atlantic? If Xan isnt a complete dipshit, you guys lose by a lot.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 am

Endless wrote:If Xan isnt a complete dipshit, you guys lose by a lot.

What Xan may look like:

Return to “The Debriefing Room”