Real Failure Analysis on Defcon

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Superbomb
level0

Real Failure Analysis on Defcon

Postby Superbomb » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:50 am

Failure Analysis of Defcon performed by a Failure Analysis Expert. :idea:

As this thread is intended for the programmers of Defcon, any/all attacks upon the contents of this thread are deemed irrelevant......period.

As 3 hours was invested into a game of Defcon, an individual by the name of Frame became vary unhappy from losing most of his navy and silos. Began to Flood the Comms and taunt other players. There is no need to discuss the results of Frame's ill willed actions. His ill willed actions have unfortunately given birth to copycats.

In so, a failure analysis was initiated on the Defcon game specifically, but not limited to reducing these disruptions. It is with great enthusiasm to report that these game disruptions have been reduced substantially.

As a result, some amateur players have created fake threads calling players cheats and spammers and/or calling the company directly to complain demanding a key ban, when in fact they are cheats and spammers themselves. They most recent post was from the author Sparrow5 AKA Cry "Havoc" an amateur player has complained about several players, suck as Roger Rabbit.

Defcon is a war game by definition and has generated and will to continue to generate hostilities among players. However, when the gamer Sparrow5 begins to search for his alleged advisaries in every game server to disrupt their games, and posting IP's, city locations, internet company names, etc, begins to raise serious questions about the mental health of the gamer in the area of Bi-Polar Disorder.

In retrospect, most of the game disruptors were contained and the only outlet method they had was to make a cry post or leave. Banning a players key is currently not an option as it will lead to a "Cascade Effect." A simple program has been created to ignore the repetition of the same KEY STROKES within a specific time frame such as in spamming that has worked in testing.

As respect to the /ignore and /unignore commands this option may need more thought as it reduces game dynamics substantially. There is nothing like being destroyed and having your opponent who’s destroying you add salt to your wound by saying, "Your mama is like a door knob, everybody gets a turn."

The old setup and new server configurations are nice, however many players prefer the old setup sacrificing performance.

USA navy not being able to move
In several games it has been noticed that the USA navy is stuck and cannot be moved by the player screaming HACKER......lol. There is no hacking, perhaps this matter can be looked into as a new bug may have developed with the 1.43.

Cease Fire Abusers accumulating points of 700 +
Yes, its was very interesting to see players such as (MOR), MVPE, ImRockHard, and weps get huge scores of 700+. As only Pro players and game programers are aware of this abuse, perhaps there could be a program modification in the next update.

IP SPOOF
There is one player on severl occasions that has no IP when observing network data. Name is being currently being withheld as observation continues. It is recommended that this area be updated a well.

There are other matters that will not be discussed in this forum for game security reasons.

A Real PRO Gamer will never make a complaint post about sub exploits, etc. A Real PRO Gamer will deal with anything that is thrown at them and destroy their opponent.
Everyone making these complaints posts are amateurs.

Treat others as you wish to be treated.

p.s. Maybe the spammer has taken RC'S and Pater's name because your all a bunch of Ass#%@es.....so don’t post that your flattered by it, be ashamed.

. :idea:
Last edited by Superbomb on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 am

So good you had to post it twice, eh?

xander
Weps
level3
level3

Re: Real Failure Analysis on Defcon

Postby Weps » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:46 am

Superbomb wrote:
Cease Fire Abusers accumulating points of 700 +
Yes, its was very interesting to see players such as (MOR), MVPE, ImRockHard, and weps get huge scores of 700+. Perhaps there could be a program modification.

I never had 700+ points and I never abuse cease-fire agreements either. Either you're one of two persons making me look bad (for insiders, yeah those two) or you have run in to them.

And then some, these is no such thing as cease-fire abuse....
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:08 am

Wow...

...well played to anyone who gets through half of Superbomb's post without falling asleep.

:wink:
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:21 am

What a bleeding fucking bum wart, I dont know what you just said up there but im getting a thousand insults flooding to my brain right now.
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:59 pm

VERY LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!
Pater
level2
level2

Postby Pater » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Superbomb wrote:As this thread is intended for the programmers of Defcon --

Instant fail.

You wouldnt post here if you were trying to reach the programmers.
Last edited by Pater on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 pm

After thinking long and hard, and reading the entire post very carefully:

pfft.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Superbomb wrote: Biased so-called "Failure Analysis" of Defcon performed by a biased so-called Failure Analysis "Expert". :idea:

Fix'd.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Regardless of the arrogance of the OP, you guys are acting like a bunch of assholes. There are a few good points made in the post if you all weren't so busy with the hatefest.

When I could finally find a game to play with someone last night, fake Pater showed up and flooded the chat. Another server, halfway in, same thing. Another server, private chat is enabled, I found I couldn't play. I just didn't care any more, previous experiences that evening had worn things thin. It wasn't just pater, there are a ton of other psycho sickos trying to ruin the game experience, it was how tasteless even the genuine defcon players were acting. I know there are defences against abusers and idiots, but if I wanted to play a game last night those were my options.

I've been playing Defcon since launch and it's slid far from where it started, a simple and brilliant ground-breaking game with a vibrant and intelligent community. Going retail really opened it up for shitheads and the programmers were not prepared for the level of mental sickness and idiocy that comes with internet anonymity. It's taking a harsh toll on morale, I know it has with mine.
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:46 pm

What the hell difference does "going retail" make? How did you buy the game before it was "retaill". No twat is gonna buy the game unless they enjoy it, and if they hate it they will get over it. Defcon has a sudden, steep, lerning curve, but becomes easy after practice. So give the noobs some time.
Also, I hate arguments on the internet, its for turnip lickers. I prefer to dish my insults and get on with it.
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Are the people that are trying to ruin the game demo players or have they gone and bought the game? If they are demo player then maybe the demo should only be allowed to be played X amount of times before they are forced to go buy the game. If they had to pay for it then see if that will not cut down own those being stupid. I still think a kick option for those that host a game is a good idea.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Angel of Death wrote:Are the people that are trying to ruin the game demo players or have they gone and bought the game? If they are demo player then maybe the demo should only be allowed to be played X amount of times before they are forced to go buy the game. If they had to pay for it then see if that will not cut down own those being stupid. I still think a kick option for those that host a game is a good idea.

that wouldn't be fair, not all demo players are asses
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:03 pm

sometimes spaming can be quite fun. Last time the spammer tried to spam me, i stopped playing and spammed him back, it was most enjoyable seeing multicoloured spam. He even got puzzlde for a bit and stopped. Then I shut the server and took out my voodoo doll.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Rising Thunder MVP wrote:What the hell difference does "going retail" make? How did you buy the game before it was "retaill". No twat is gonna buy the game unless they enjoy it, and if they hate it they will get over it. Defcon has a sudden, steep, lerning curve, but becomes easy after practice. So give the noobs some time.
Also, I hate arguments on the internet, its for turnip lickers. I prefer to dish my insults and get on with it.

By retail I meant available in stores.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”