The greatest treachery ever

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

HomelandSecurity
level0

The greatest treachery ever

Postby HomelandSecurity » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:37 pm

I was just playing in a diplo. game where you could buy units with credits. I was Africa and had forged an alliance with Europe. I invested in as many carriers and air bases as I could and convinced Europe I was doing a beam maneuver against North America.... The bombers never arrived in North America :lol:

here's a before

a during

an after

and the mighty bomber wing

All my bombers returned safely and Europe never fired a shot. I went on to loose the game, but the day was mine.

!!!PWN'D!!!
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3

Postby Gen. Ripper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:41 pm

does that just mean you unleashed a rather impressive hellstorm over your unsuspecting ally while incuring Collateral damage (although from city deployment only a small amount I guess).

Although impressive this act only helped your enemys though aye, besides, Dilpomacy isnt about how many ICBMs you can lob at a target, but how many ICBMs you can convince your allies to fire for you! (and thus leave you with the remaining stockpile and hopefully population )
HomelandSecurity
level0

Postby HomelandSecurity » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:04 am

do i take collateral damage from my allies destroyed territories? But yeah, I only attacked military installations and someone else mopped the rest up. I'm tired of the old school, I'm flinging new strategies out there to mix it up a bit. And in the end I usually don't get to use all the nukes on my carriers/bases by reloading so not much of a waste.

Funny thing too was that it kinda worked again on someone else in the same game, convinced him to have a cease fire in our "secret" alliance. :D :D :D
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Re: The greatest treachery ever

Postby Radiant Caligula » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:04 am

Someone not reacting to a this is either AFK, refreshingly n00bish, dumb, masochistic or all of the above.
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:26 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:Image

Someone not reacting to a this is either AFK, refreshingly n00bish, dumb, masochistic or all of the above.

qft ;)
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:25 am

Don't you guys TRUST your allies? ;)
NMO
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 am

caranthir.pkk wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:Image

qft ;)

£0.01 - Even if Europe had turned ceasefire off (which I'm sure I would have done in that situation ...) it wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference methinks

£0.02 - note the Asian/Russian bombers heading southwest, was Homeland opening himself up for a taste of his own treachery :wink: ?

/my 2p

Cheers Tripper

PS - Credits Diplomacy sounds like a nasty nasty game. Me, I'd turtle and turtle some more ...
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3

Postby Gen. Ripper » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Credits diplomacy im not a fan of, most (if not everyone) ends up buying 10 silo's a couple of air bases and the rest fleet, but with 10 silo's it just makes it crazy.

I like playing dilplomacy, but I also like it when your units count is identical, although I suppose not many people (including myself) have thought about possible combinations for veriable units...perhaps this is the last untapped bastion of tactical knowledge?

P.S - Even if you targeted only military stuctures if they are close to citys the blast wave will impact and cause you collateral....and from looking at your targets....it seems one silo it sitting directly on London, and another "might" be in blast range of Berlin/Hamburg
HomelandSecurity
level0

Postby HomelandSecurity » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Yeah, I wasn't aware of the collateral damage, but oddly enough those bombers were going to South America. Ha. I'll admit not a good strategy, but I kinda was in one of those moods ya know.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”