Yet another game ruined by "Pater Punishment"

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Yet another game ruined by "Pater Punishment"

Postby Radiant Caligula » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:23 am

I feel for this kid, I really do. Sitting in front of his wankmachine and masturbating chatter chaff all day long.

I think we should open up a "Save Pater Punishment Poser Fund" to give him the help he so obviously needs.
A teen, yes a teen who taps chatter chaff on his keyboard hour after hour must come from a really bad setup. Think trailer trash family, bullied at school, no friends whatsoever in RL or online and with tragic sexual perversions*. The creativity that he invests in these chat box attacks are mind boggling to me.

*Does this fulfill your lust, Peter, I mean Pater? I believe so. Look at it. Soak it up. It's for you. All for you:

We feel for you Pater. If you read this, please contact social services. We know you need it. Perhaps you will realize it too someday...

His latest IP is my nick: 76.80.255.189.

Bert!? When is the dedicated due? Can't wait till my virgin kick of this troubled soul...
Last edited by Radiant Caligula on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 am

Yup, he's American. That figured :lol: 8) (Somewhere in South California it seems)

edit: he seems to have changed IP's already.
Last edited by torig on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
palehorse864
level2
level2

Postby palehorse864 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 am

I dealt with this guy previously I think (Not to be confused with the real Pater whose IP range is different from this guy). He tossed about insults that an elementary schooler could have topped and flooded with the a and x keys. The funniest part was that he was trying to lag the game and crash the server. When it didn't work, he went to longer strings of text, taking up an entire line. The only problem was that when he went to the longer strings of text, they came once every 15-30 seconds or so instead of in a rapid succession. Apparently every thing he was flooding was being hand typed at the time. It was hilarious and a bit sad.

Why he has it out for Pater and attempts to ruin his reputation with us knowing that it is an impostor already I don't know. When I played, he first came in as "unknown" and then began spoofing as one of the players in the game with colored name and everything. He can mimic players somehow. By the way, how do you get player's ip ranges.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:09 am

Hah, this 'Pater' was in a game I played once, I ripped into him with my best after an age of his abusive shit. I think I actually hurt his feelings :)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 am

Well, I've got my 6 player Free For All still up (it should be up all night, as I've no reason to close it), so you're welcome to game on that Radiant.

It should be listed as " Ded-FreeForAll Server" :)

NeoThermic
Braddock
level1
level1

Postby Braddock » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:35 am

torig wrote:Yup, he's American. That figured :lol: 8)

"That figured" how, exactly?
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:52 am

Braddock wrote:
torig wrote:Yup, he's American. That figured :lol: 8)

"That figured" how, exactly?

Notice the abundant smileys that indicate this was a joke.
I don't believe teenage kids with too much free time and too much anonimity are any different in the EU, US or Asia.

Did you subscribe just so you could reply to this?
Welcome to the forums, anyways ;)
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:54 am

HAHA.
Braddock
level1
level1

Postby Braddock » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 am

Nah, coincidence. I've been meaning to subscribe to the forum anyway.

Also, fair enough. This just isn't the first time I've heard things like "Americans are immature" in this game. Actually, I think the first time was also in reference to faux Pater here.
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:54 am

Has anyone noticed the time pattern when this guy shows up?
NMO
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: Yet another game ruined by "Pater Punishment"

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:40 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:Bert!? When is the dedicated due?
Version 0.5 seems to be stable and usable enough, just not polished. It's a bit rough and still a console application on Windows, but if you can live with that: the game itself, for all I know, runs without problems.

And actually, instead of the IP, posting his keyID would be marginally more useful. It can be found in debug.txt, I think. Only marginally more useful because the "do I ban this guy just because RC says he is an idiot" problem would remain, and because the keyID changes for steam users.
Pater
level2
level2

Postby Pater » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:15 am

palehorse864 wrote:Why he has it out for Pater and attempts to ruin his reputation with us knowing that it is an impostor already I don't know.

Futile rage at failing to troll me. I dont know whether to laugh or be sad about this matter, the miserable loser is still trying to ruin my rep and I havent even played in the past two weeks. I guess I will laugh :lol:

Instead of managing to make me angry he got angry himself, wasted a lot of time trying to trouble me, and took a humiliating loss when he actually played me:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=4789

And NeoThermic: this is not the right way to get back at him. He probably really got off to your post (yea even the picture).

If you want to get at him, make him waste more time than he wastes yours. In his twisted pre-pubertal mind, he will register it as a "loss". Or you could find a creative way to make him more angry than he makes you, like the game I played.

Nice avatar btw.

I also repeat that I will never use any other nick than this when joining a game. The IP I use will start with 195.148, please check that if a Pater joins.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Radiant not neo-thermic, and it's 'prepubescent'.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:21 pm

kentuckyfried wrote:Radiant not neo-thermic, and it's 'prepubescent'.

was about to say the same.

I don't really care what this does to the poser's behaviour. I don't think anything works on him except kicking him physically from the server.
I just wanted to use that picture, as it's nice I LIKE! I almost got a rise from it myself...

I don't consider the Pater poser to be a sentient being. A piece of flesh that useless and brainless can't possibly have independent thoughts. I actually think he's a bot. No intelligent being would waste so much energy for nothing.
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Pater wrote:If you want to get at him, make him waste more time than he wastes yours. In his twisted pre-pubertal mind, he will register it as a "loss". Or you could find a creative way to make him more angry than he makes you, like the game I played.

The best and most effective way to deal with players of such caliber is to simply ignore them. Then he'll truly be waisting his time.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “The Debriefing Room”