Peace and Love versus Emperor Radiant Caligula

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Peace and Love
level2
level2

Peace and Love versus Emperor Radiant Caligula

Postby Peace and Love » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:24 am

I cannot account for much of what Radiant Caligula did because as far as I'm concerned, there were no major naval battles and therefor his navy was largely out of sight. I don't even know how many ships I killed with naval nukes :P

It is very important that I say this in Radiant Caligula's defense: I was VERY lucky. And he was VERY tired because of time zone differences. I will demonstrate how lucky (or unlucky he was) in the following debrief:

Setup: Radiant had his navy basically split between Pacific and Atlantic with the large majority of battleships in the Atlantic and nearly all subs in the Pacific save for three which parked themselves northwest of Greenland (B). I had my larger navy in the Pacific because it was more vulnerable to offense and a smaller one to choke Iceland and provide an early-warning system.

Pacific:
I caught Radiant's navy trying to sneak southward and quickly killed off his battleships. I didn't pursue because I didn't know how many ships he has there and it wasn't worth it. I split my Pacific fleet, 4 battleships and one carrier to (C) and six carriers and two battleships through Bering Strait, accompanied by my 11 submarines. Eventually two carriers got stuck and fell behind so when I finally got them across Bering, I moved them east instead of west. This helped me find Radiant's hidden subs at (B), a complete stroke of luck. Later, when I launched my silos, Radiant attempted to launch his subs at them but was HORRENDOUSLY unlucky (or badly timed). The nukes were launched as soon as my silos finished launching and returned to defense mode. Also my two carriers near Mexico and in the Carribean helped dismantle his pacific navy quickly after this attack.

Atlantic: Radiant tried to move forward but what ensued was a long series of fighter exchange and naval nuking that really led nowhere, which was good, because I was on the defensive in the Atlantic.

Arctic: When my subs reached the Arctic (large formation spanning (A)), I launched all silos straight into Radiant's population centers, I timed it so both silo nukes and sub nukes would arrive in unison. Radiant's not stupid but he was only able to kill two to three subs before the other eight emptied out all nukes. Only one sub survived the bomber defense but seven were empty.

What I left was a three hundred point gap that Radiant couldn't bridge. It was also due to my last ditch bomber attack which took out a silo (note the two carriers above Russia). Also, my earlier silo nuke/ sub nuke barrage did collateral on three of Radiant's silos, cutting down his nuke supply further. gg >_<

It was muchos fun :D
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:48 am

was a good game. I enjoyed my spanking. Well played.

I forfeited my back alley and did nothing to secure the Bering. I had 4 subs North of Canada and the rest Santiago to Mex. I blocked UK but didn't really push at NYC. In hindsight I should have just used my superiority in the Atlantic to kill your fleet and mass the east coast. I managed to get 4 subs in position above Canada. I spied out 4 of your silos with a sub launch + fighters. When you launched all your silos I had moved the rest of my Mex subs south to protect them from nuking. When I got in position you had already emptied your silos. I decided to move my Canada subs to get some distance but in between you had placed a carrier above to protect that spot!

I launched all my Mex subs at silos, but didnt kill a single one! I overstretched my Atlantic fleet and didn't push hard enough to my east to defend from your fleet. I'm a bit rusty (still ;-D) at 1v1 but I swear I will get my bacon back next time.

Not using it as an excuse, but playing most of the game in real time halts the flow. I would appreciate if you use a setup that don't require so much micro. Do as you please, of course, but real time 1v1s takes some focus away from the game IMO. RT for short periods of time is ok when targeting etc, but not really my thing to have almost the entire game to run like that. You're a competent fighter, but I'd suggest you attain a less micro heavy placement...

Looking forward to the rematch. Bacon will be restored! ;-)
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 am

So are you back for good Caligula?
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:04 am

Feud wrote:So are you back for good Caligula?

Well if he intends to rematch me and "get his bacon back" I'd say that's a giant YES!!!! :D
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:04 am

well, I'm not as active and I don't know how long I will be playing. Defcon is kinda fading for me right now. Have played it since September and I take it as a sign of fatigue that I don't really care for scoring in multi anymore. Right now I find it most funny to invent "n00b mode" and play as a "team bitch" - meaning that I pave the way for my team mate to score by killing nothing but hardware....
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:13 am

Awww sorry to hear that :(

And I barely got to play you >_<
Pater
level2
level2

Postby Pater » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:

well, I'm not as active and I don't know how long I will be playing. Defcon is kinda fading for me right now. Have played it since September and I take it as a sign of fatigue that I don't really care for scoring in multi anymore. Right now I find it most funny to invent "n00b mode" and play as a "team bitch" - meaning that I pave the way for my team mate to score by killing nothing but hardware....

In other words it is too troublesome and would require too much effort to play up to your former level, so you are not motivated anymore.

Do you find it stressful to keep your reputation?

Then just enjoy the past glory and rest on your laurels.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Pater wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:

In other words it is too troublesome and would require too much effort to play up to your former level, so you are not motivated anymore.

um, no. I have played a couple of multis the last few days and every time I play seriously I end up on top. 1v1s have never been my thang, although I enjoy it. I'm sure if I played as much 1v1 as I have done multi I would be one of the top dogs.

As I said, I have been playing this since September, pretty much every single day. Things wear out. I bet you wouldn't eat spaghetti 300 days in a row even if it was your favourite dish...
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:
Pater wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:

um, no. I have played a couple of multis the last few days and every time I play seriously I end up on top. 1v1s have never been my thang, although I enjoy it. I'm sure if I played as much 1v1 as I have done multi I would be one of the top dogs.

As I said, I have been playing this since September, pretty much every single day. Things wear out. I bet you wouldn't eat spaghetti 300 days in a row even if it was your favourite dish...

Same here. 6-player is too easy, and I've been forcing myself to explore the world of 1vs1, but I don't consider myself to be the best either.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:06 pm

That new avater is awesome. That thing stares at you as though it can see into your soul...
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Feud wrote:That new avater is awesome. That thing stares at you as though it can see into your soul...

lol check out its complete awesomeness here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/24791/

thx to Ace for transposing it =)
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Postby Peace and Love » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:
Feud wrote:That new avater is awesome. That thing stares at you as though it can see into your soul...

lol check out its complete awesomeness here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/24791/

lmao I'm dying of laughter hahahaha
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:30 pm

Peace and Love wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:

lmao I'm dying of laughter hahahaha

Yeah, the Star Wars (or is it something else) samples that go with it are just brilliant ;)

Return to “The Debriefing Room”