Fried Potatoes, Courtesy of Idaho

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Fried Potatoes, Courtesy of Idaho

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm

Two outstanding games. Low populations for both, 50m and 60m respectively.

First game, NA/SA pair up, USSR/Asia pair up. Africa is left, but I don't want a 2v2v2 game. Before the alliances started, I tried getting USSR to join me (I don't like playing as green), but didn't get any response. After they grouped together, the Americas try to recruit me. About a 1/2 second before hitting the 'request to join' button for RED, SA drops. Won't be joining that group. NA leaves his alliance and gets together with Africa. This time I did join. 3v2v1.

Defcon 3 arrives and all of my carriers launch bombers slightly north west. 12 subs with 12 battleships as cover ready to strike Russia. Towards the end of defcon 2, the majority of my bombers are making the turn for home. I issue Nuke assignments and dismiss. Defcon 1 arrives and I notice that Russia has his battleships overlapping each other in the standard 6 unit formation in the Barents Sea. I figure he's got subs under them as well. A couple of clicks latter and 6 nukes are on their merry way (via subs) and the remaining 54 (sub) nukes begin pouring down over helpless Ruskies and their now doomed installations. By the end, there was only a barren wasteland of a once proud Motherland.

I sent in all twelve subs and every battle ship I had remaining to mop up anything left. I took heavy ship losses, but it was well worth it. Western Russian had completely collapsed. The only thing I feared now was a back stab from USA or Africa. I didn't have many nukes left by the time Siberia didn't need sunlight, but I did have all 12 carriers and enough bombers to strike either one. So, I sent them into the north Atlantic directly center of USA, S. America, and Africa to ward off any such ideas. As the game started to end and I was sure there was nothing ominous waiting for Europe, I began bombing the coast of S. America.

I just noticed while starring at the image that Vertical Flyer (Russia) had 0 kills this game. That seems strange as I was fending off bombers that appeared to originate from central/eastern Russia early in my mass launch on the USSR and I know for certain I saw at least one sub surface over Russia while I was still targeting with my subs. Strange. He only had 20 nukes left at the end, so what were you doing Vertical?

Game two was a little different. This time I was Russia allied with Europe. Defcon 1 ushered in with me having 8 subs in groups of two and numerous accompanying bombers strike Asia. The game was a bit laggy and one after the other people got dropped or left. I don't enjoy playing the CPU at all, but finished the game anyway. After my Asian campaign was over, I focuses on the USA. Once satisfied there, I moved through the Bering Straight and 'tried' for Mexico with my few remaining bombers. They arrived to late and his silos were back in defense mode. Thus, Mexico escaped.

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:50 am

I just played Idaho Nuke Lab. The results were, to say the least, a little bloody.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”