Sunday, with mint flavored fallout topping.

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Sunday, with mint flavored fallout topping.

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Early Sunday morning, last game of my Defcon session.

Random Territories puts me in the USSR. In default games, I place subs and radar and wait for alliances to form and Defcon 4 to place the rest (unless I'm South America). This time, NA/SA paired and Africa/Asia paired. Europe and me were left so we joined.

I put 4 radars along my southern border, so I could see pretty much all of Asia's unit placement. I put all but four carriers in the pacific hoping to either wipe out Asia's navy there quickly or better yet get him to join us (Euro-Russia) and start on the western coast of USA, especially since those four carriers above the motherland were moving towards Greenland to attack the USA from above.

To my semi-disappointment, he (The Cylons) didn't join. Defcon 3 arrives and a 80% launch of bombers signals the end of Asia.
My bases begin launching into Siberia and 8 carriers send their full compliment northwest for an attack against the two Asian fleets I can see.

Unfortunately, he begins to pull his fleets back southwest out of bomber range. I then slowly move my 12 battleships (in 3 groups of 4) south east with carriers close behind, trying to avoid radar detection from Alaska. Re-target bombers for another pass and hope for the best. His units swing east and catch mine just moments before the USA appears off to the west. Oh crap! Now I've got to fight off two separate naval fleets! This wasn't too surprising, but I had anticipated reducing the Asian fleet significantly before encountering the western world. Thinking quickly, I sent everything due south in hopes that the other two countries would move closer, see each other, and begin spreading their forces amongst 2 enemy's as I had to do. I hoped that both of them weren't the kind to micromanage, but rather send in the ships and let the units decide where to fire.

This paid off and I was able to keep a presence in the Pacific longer than I should have and take quite a bit of them with me. I took advantage of several of my bombers, now with no/limited choices for landing, and pounded eastern Asia with nukes. I also removed the radar from Alaska. These remaining bombers along with the ten subs in groups of 2 (in pairs to get as close to the northern coast of easter Russia as possible and being able to still use the shift key) combined with those from the bases in western Russia took out several installations. A couple of bomber waves later and apparently a sub attack from one of the Americas pretty much did the rest. I grinned at one point when he had multiple bombers in the air with recently removed airbases, and thus no where to land. Payback is sweet! The rest of the game I just sent a few bombers here and there to work off as much of Asia's remaining population as I could.

Somewhere along the way, Africa and Europe dropped or left and The Cylons and I were stuck with CPU's for partners. At the very end of the game I launched several nukes at a few European cites, waited till the last possible moment, and then kicked Europe. Knowing the CPU had exhausted its nuke supply, I didn't fear retaliation. This helped to secure my position at first.

All in all a good game by all (humans).

luke02
level1
level1

Postby luke02 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Nude Matt... That wasn't me. Good game too ace!!
"KILLING KANE"
level0

KILLING KANE aka THE CYLONS

Postby "KILLING KANE" » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:50 am

rotw
level1
level1

Postby rotw » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Kane, you're starting to act like a spammer... We don't like spammers here...
(Anyone still got a nuke or two left? :) )
I don't die - I just switch from awake mode to sleep mode permanently!
world idiot
level4
level4

Re: KILLING KANE aka THE CYLONS

Postby world idiot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:33 pm

"KILLING KANE" wrote:Image

stop it with that picture, or u will be hated soon by a lot of people, not just me

Return to “The Debriefing Room”