Sneaky, underhanded and merciless

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

hobophobe
level1
level1

Sneaky, underhanded and merciless

Postby hobophobe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 pm

This is a story about a game I played against Epicenter (host) and Ul1971 and how I brutally massacered both of them.
Epicenter started as EU, I choose NA and Ul joined shortly after and selected USSR, just like I knew he would. All three of us start on separate teams, red, green and blue respectively.

As soon as the game starts I start placing my subs on the outermost reaches of my Atlantic territory and begin moving them straight toward Epicenter's coast before finishing up the rest of my placements. Sometime during placement, Epicenter decides he wants to form an alliance.

Well, this I was not counting on. I agree of course, for no better reason than to scope out his placements. Ul starts whining right away about how much he hates Defcon and how unfair this is... If only he knew.

Anyways, Epicenter's fleet is a bit too close for comfort to my subs so I send my own fleet in to protect them. I tell Epicenter that my fleet is coming to back him up against USSR and he buys it. Sucker. Ul is still whining at this point and Epicenter is telling me how he is going to use his subs to hit Moscow right at Def 1. It's Def 3 at this point and right after he says this Ul starts depth charging his subs which were placed directly underneath. Excellent, more points for me. Epicenter then lets me know he is going to use some silos to make up for his subs which are now sitting peacefully on the bottom of the ocean. I tell him to use his western silos and he agrees. What a sucker.

As soon as Def 1 sounds I launch all six of my silos at directly at USSR and Epicenter starts firing off a few of his silos. As soon as I see those golden triangles of opportunity all 12 of my subs begin their volley at Europe . I turn red moments before the first nuke evaporates half of London, two radar installments and an airfield already taken care of. Epicenter is so busy coordinating his strike on USSR that he doesn't even notice until sometime around when I left the alliance. My bombers are already launched though and quickly sink his entire fleet with help from my battleships.

Do I feel bad about betraying him in such a terribly evil manner? "Of course not!" I say to myself as I sink his remaining six subs that have just surfaced near Florida. I almost don't notice with all the action going on and he manages to hit a couple silos that are just going back into AA mode.

Obviously, neither of these guys like me very much at all anymore and send whatever is left of their nukes straight for me, again hitting a few silos but destroying none. I easily deflect the rest and sustain very few if any civilian casualties. I'm not sure If I scored a perfect game though, as you can see Ul saying in the last screenshot "so much for the "perfect" game`!!!" but he could have been referring to something else. I don't think there were any direct hits on any of my cities but I'm really not sure. Epicenter came close to hitting SF but a lone fighter shot that one down.

I have no idea what the final score was because Epicenter decided to be a weiner and shut down the server.
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm

Well, as you can see, n00bs are quite easy to beat.

wwarnick
Centurion Wind
level1
level1

Postby Centurion Wind » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:46 pm

wwarnick wrote:Well, as you can see, n00bs are quite easy to beat.

wwarnick
And that's why I'm shy about playing DEFCON against people I don't know. :lol:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Centurion Wind wrote:

wwarnick

But that is the best way to get better, at least if those unknown people are better than you.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
hobophobe
level1
level1

Postby hobophobe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:29 pm

wwarnick

Ul1971 actually did pretty well for what he had to work with.
Centurion Wind
level1
level1

Postby Centurion Wind » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Centurion Wind wrote:

wwarnick

But that is the best way to get better, at least if those unknown people are better than you.
True, but it's hard to tell who's good to play with and who's going to either mock you to death when you lose or bail out when you're winning.
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Damn when I saw the topic title I thought you were talking about me ;) But I guess not too many people would come here and tell stories of how they got their asses handed to them *g*

Return to “The Debriefing Room”