Fun match ... unexpected results!! :)

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

keepngoal
level1
level1

Fun match ... unexpected results!! :)

Postby keepngoal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Yesterday (22nd), I played in a 6 player FFA, I was playing as SA. Of course, Euro and Russia team up, Asia and Africa another team and NA/SA stick together.

Things got heated in the South Atlantic, mainly tit for tat. things were quiet in the Pacific theater. Then my partner launches his bombers my way, curious and cautious, i ready up fighters just in case. As soon as i ready up he leaves the alliances then leaves the game!!! I had a few choice names while this all happened, screenname: Beringer. So now there is a CPU in place of my most strategic opponent (so no more aligning or agreements with NA). E/R, A/A and NA against me. No one would take me... :(

I hold off the NA attack pretty well, with just a single silo hit and a lot of it's bombers done for and hits on central America cities. For quite a while the other teams leave me alone. Soon Euro leaves but stay aligned. I stage my few subs around the globe but keep four near my NE coast for a launch on NA along with carriers ready to launch bombers along with 2 air fields ready to go waiting for the AI to launch. waiting... waiting and waiting.... I thought he would never launch and while getting an itchy trigger finger and antsy, the other players left me alone. Then just as the AI launches (at me of course) Russia leaves.... so now NA, Euro and Russia are bots with Euro and Russia still allied. I let hell break open on NA. taking out all silos around his cities (this ding dong, Beringer, had two in Alaska, so i left them alone) and hitting every city with subs, bombers and the 5 nukes from the one hit AA. so I went from last place to second in less than 5 minutes.

Now i knew the only two 'people' left would come after the lone person and leave the bots alone. I did my best for sub sweeps and bomber runs to take out their navy's. They were able to launch a few sub and bomber hits to the continent. But I had one more set of subs in place for an Asia hit along the Indi0-China area from the south Indian Ocean. I patiently waited for Asia to launch, but I had no recon on his territory so I had to take a chance. When three silos went off in the southern part of his continent, i let my subs loose. knocking two of the three silos out and hitting every city from on his southern coast. I completely surprised him! I was hoping his ally would see his weakness and back stab, but they stayed tight. And I understood why, as I was three times their score vs each of them and twice the score of them added together!!! So I had two nuke hits on fresh cities (NA and Asia) to get the high score. Then came the count down timer.

they each launched a few silos, but were worried I would launch all of mine, I still had 5 full silos!! Needless to say I only launched one more silo to take shots at Africa has he had built up score to rival my lead with his sub and bomber hits to my continent along with shots against Euro and Russia. There wasn't much left in NA. ;)

I was able to hang on and win that game, believing when the players started to ditch, i was screwed. I kept cool, focused on small bursts of launches and the timeliness of the launch to win a game that really surprised me.

KnG:169
And_You_Are:129 - africa
MesterSlip:59 - Russia
MrBig:38 - Asia
Beringer: -2: USA ... grrrr.
BLK: -99 : Euro.

- keep.
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:14 am

God damn, everytime one of these threads comes up, it makes me want to play Defcon. :P
adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Postby adam_the_scouser » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:47 am

Nicely played you managed to beat the alliance on your own. Even with the cpu being a pain in the butt. I hate that the most :evil:
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:39 pm

DueAccident wrote:God damn, everytime one of these threads comes up, it makes me want to play Defcon. :P

Same here!!!

Actually, I haven't been able to play in over a week due to work. So I think I'll have a game or 2 now :twisted:
Oh and well done KnG !
keepngoal
level1
level1

Postby keepngoal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks all !!

Off to play Defcon!!

- keep.
peacekeeper
level1
level1

Postby peacekeeper » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:02 pm

Beringer has done that to me too. Come to think of it I ended up winning that game. Thanks, Beringer!

Nicely done Keep.

Jeff

Return to “The Debriefing Room”